Monday 22 September 2008

Best Shot Monday

"When music sounds, gone is the earth I know,
And all her lovely things even lovelier grow;
Her flowers in vision flame, her forest trees
Lift burdened branches, stilled with ecstasies.

When music sounds, out of the water rise
Naiads whose beauty dims my waking eyes,
Rapt in strange dreams burns each enchanted face,
With solemn echoing stirs their dwelling-place.

When music sounds, all that I was I am
Ere to this haunt of brooding dust I came;
And from Time's woods break into distant song
The swift-winged hours, as I hasten along."

~Music, by Walter de la Mare

I have long been a great lover of music. I played the clarinet as a girl and longed to play the piano and guitar. Indeed I am trying to teach myself how to play the piano now . . .



Two of my sons are consumate guitar players, and self taught as well. My youngest son loves to play the acoustic guitar and it is one of his great joys in life. He just loves music. He is at a bit of a cross roads in his life . . . he's nineteen and for the first time is having to decide what it is he actually wants to do with the rest of his life. I have told him to pick something he is passionate about and then go for it . . . the passion will take care of the rest . . .




My middle son also loves music and it is clear from all the happiness being shared in this shot that my youngest grandson also shares his passion! Don't you just love the joy on his little face as he looks up at his daddy playing for him??? I do! But then again, that is a grandmother's perogative I think!



This is my entry in this weeks, Best Shot Monday. Now hop on over to Mother May I and see some of the other wonderful entries for this week!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the picture of your little grandson looking at his daddy. So sweet.

    It is a quarter to one... it took me way longer to publish my Sunday Six than I thought it would. I started it this afternoon but had to stop to fix dinner and couldn't get back to it until little Austin was in bed....how did it get to be so late...or should I say so early..

    I will ready you Simple Day post in the morning...I love to learn all I can about your life... but my Austin alarm usually goes off about 6:00 a.m. so I'd better get to bed now.... Have a great day
    Love, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I meant I will read...not I will ready.

    I guess that you can tell I am tired.

    I also love the picture of your youngest son...cute boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 sons that picked up the guitar after me as well. I love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning your poet Walter De La Mare reminded me of my schooldays so long ago as we had to learn his poetry by heart but I just can't recall the poems will do a search and see if I can find them. I love when it is all quiet like it was for you this morning. On the morning we left Skye last week I stood and watched Swallows hawking over the field in-front of the cottage and there was absolute silence that is something I do not get at home as the traffic on the motorway which is about half a mile away always drifts over. I am lucky in some ways being deaf I can take my hearing aids out and have lovely silence. Love Joan
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/en

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh that is a wonderful look of JOY. What a wonderful capture.

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think as adults we learn to control our facial expressions... are we excited, over-joyed, bothered, disgusted? Often times our expression stays the same. Children on the other hand have the natural ability to express exactly what they are feeling.

    Your little grandson's face shows pure joy listening to his daddy play.

    What a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those pictures are awesome! that is pretty cool that your sons play the guitar. i love your grandson's little expression-you can tell he just loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture is priceless Marie of your sweet Grandson.How his little face tells a story his little face wins my heart bless him.Good luck with your piano lessons Marie something I have longed to do all my life is play the piano.I wish your son well in whatever he chooses to go for in life.Lovely picture of your middle son too.Thankyou for sharing those precious pictures today.Hope Todd is well.Take Care God Bless Kath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely,lovely pictures Marie, Nice
    shot Monday! xGloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those pictures! They're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marie. I loved the pictures of your cute family -- what a beautiful little grandson you have! I don't have an musical abilities but wish I did. My daughter plays 3! I think she gets it from her dad. Good for you for learning to play the piano -- that's wonderful! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!