Tuesday 23 June 2009

Two Temples





Two Temples


A builder built a temple,
He wrought it with grace and skill,
Pillars and groins and arches,
All fashioned to work his will,
And men said as they saw it's beauty,
"It never shall know decay,
Great is they skill, O builder!
Thy fame shall endure for age."

A mother built a temple,
With infinite loving care,
Planning each arch with patience,
Laying each stone with prayer.
None praised her unceasing efforts,
None knew of her wondrous plan,
For the temple that the mother built
Was unseen by the eye of man.

Gone is the builder's temple
Crumbled into the dust;
Low lies each stately pillar
Food for consuming rust.
But the temple the mother built,
Will last while the ages roll,
For that beautiful unseen temple,
Was a child's immortal soul.
~Hattie Vose Hall



Just a little thought today. I just arrived home from working all last night and the birds were already singing their little hearts out as I walked down the lane. The sun was peeking up over the horizon and the grass was glittering with early morning dew. Along the way I felt the brush of gossamer spider webs, woven across the path from one hedgerow to the other . . . I hated to break them as I know how much work was involved, but what can one do . . . I'm too tired to do otherwise!

I am hoping that Blogger has finally worked out the kinks that have caused problems these past few weeks for visitors visiting my page, and a few others. I switched to Mozilla Firefox and it made all the difference in the world. I don't think Blogger likes Internet Explorer at all!

Off to bed I go but before I do, here's a little something to whet your appetites. Nothing could be any tastier or easier! (This tasty dish is one of my favourites!!!)



*Chicken Rarebits*
Serves 4
Printable Recipe

I just love this easy chicken meal. The chicken turns out so moist and tender and covered in a deliciously cheesey sauce. The roasted cherry tomatoes provide a tasty contrast. I like to serve this with crusty bread to mop all the delicious juices.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5 ounces strong cheddar cheese, grated
1 rounded TBS grainy mustard
3 TBS single cream
1 (150g) packet of cherry tomatoes, preferably on the vine
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper



Pre-heat the oven to 200*C/400*F. Taking a sharp knife, slice the chicken breasts in half through the middle almost all the way, so that you have two thinner pieces that you can fan out.

Lightly butter a shallow baking dish that is large enough to hold all the chicken pieces fanned out. Lay the chicken in the dish. Season with salt and pepper.

Mix the cheese, cream and mustard together in a small bowl. Divide equally amongst the chicken pieces piling on top of each. There is no need to smooth it out.

Place the tomatoes, still on the vine, around the chicken.

Cook for 30 minutes, until the chicken is golden and the tomatoes are nicely roasted.

Serve immediately.



If you're looking for a tasty salad to serve on the side, hop on over HERE and you'll find a real winner! (Little Gems with a Blue Cheese Dressing, delicious!)

Nighty Night!

12 comments:

  1. Now it is me off to bed. But I just had to stop over and see you for a minute. the poem is beautiful. The chicken divine! I was wondering what is it you do when you work all nighte. Are you cooking ahead for the day? I find what you do quite intriguing.

    Hugs, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these early morning walks home! Your descriptions are so clear I could be walking along with you. In fact I wouldn't mind guessing so many people feel the same way that we're all trotting along there in our twos behind you!

    Have a lovely rest today.

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!!! I just started an Italian food blog at

    http://alphabetcook.blogspot.com/

    and the hardest part is taking good pictures. Stop on by!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poem about the temples was a good one. It's a beautiful summer morning here. I hope you get your rest after working all night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS temple photo, Marie! And very inspiring thoughts for the day... :o) Hope the Blogger issues settle down...I know of others who are, or have had, similar problems. Love today's simple recipe--hubby would love it! Hope you've had a good rest after a long, busy day. So sorry we didn't get a chance to chat after all...but soon! LOVE YOU HEAPS, my friend :o) ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie
    I can just picture you walking home early in the morning. Sweet dreams!
    ((hugs)) Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the thought of being a mother as being a builder of a Temple... it just makes me smile! Motherhood is a huge responsibility and I pray daily that I will be worthy of it.

    The chicken looks great- I'm always looking for a quick off the top of my head recipe with common ingredients and this one looks perfect! Any chance it would work with milk instead of cream? Just in case I want to make it and don't have any cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie...Just a quick note to let you know that your "blog" came back!!!! Thanks for the help. Now I'm off to pack for a 2 week trip to Minnesota. Both of our mom's still live there as well as a majority of our relatives. Should be fun!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that does sound easy and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, that poem was beautiful. and i love the song playing on your playlist. i've never heard it before. i'm going to go add it to my playlist now. i'm totally copying you(imitation is the best form of flattery, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie I think even I could make that. It looks delicious.

    I love Gimli, it is still one of my favourite places.

    I would be honoured to be on your prayer list. Please do so.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chicken baked in a cheesy sauce does sound good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!