Friday 26 February 2010

New Beginnings . . .



Life is a mixture of sunshine and rain,
Laughter and teardrops, pleasure and pain,
Low tides and high tides, mountains and plains,
Triumphs, defeats, and losses and gains,
But always in ways or some dread affliction,
Be assured that it comes with
God's kind benediction,
And if we accept it as a gift of His love,
We'll be showered with blessings
from our Father above.
~Helen Steiner Rice

Change can be a very good thing. It often rides in on a tide of pain and uncertainty, and it can be quite frightening, but . . . if there is one thing that life has taught me . . . it's that God is faithful and true, and that if we hold to the rod and trust in Him, He'll help to see us through just about anything life can, and does, and will throw at us.



I stand on the precipace of a new adventure! When I look back at where my life has taken me thus far, I can see many dips and hollows, but I can also see a great many peaks and glorious mountains climbed. All will be well. We will be well. I can't wait to see where this newest journey takes us.



Sorry for my absence yesterday. I needed to think some things over and take a deep breath, and I don't think that anything I wrote would have been of any benefit to anyone, least of all myself. I'm sorted now. I have a plan. God has a plan. I suppose it could be seen as rather exciting. This could be our opportunity to take a whole new direction, and as my sister has said . . . every new beginning comes from another beginning's ending. (Thanks sis!) And as my brother so wisely said, I am now free to take whichever opportunity that presents itself. (Thanks bro!)



Thanks for all your kind words and prayers. I hope you'll be coming along on this newest adventure of mine. I wonder where it will take us! When one door closes, another one always opens.

This is not the end . . . but a new beginning. ☺

"The Lord has given us a reassuring message of hope: “Fear not, little flock.” God will wait with “open arms to receive”those who give away their sins and continue in faith, hope, and charity. And to all who suffer—to all who feel discouraged, worried, or lonely—I say with love and deep concern for you, never give in.

Never surrender.

Never allow despair to overcome your spirit.

Embrace and rely upon the Hope of Israel, for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart."

~President Dieter F Uchtdorf





I am having to use up all my perishables and so I made us a delicious Sausage Hash for out tea the other day. It was really delicious! Todd had two helpings! What a guy! And he still stays as thin as a rail. I don't know how he does it!!




*Sausage Hash*
Serves 4 to 6
Printable Recipe

This is a quick, economical and different way to use sausage meat. It's also, quite, quite delicious!

1 package of good quality meaty thick sausages
(I use porkinsons)
1 TBS olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
6 medium potatoes, boiled, cooled, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper



Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Removed the sausage meat from the skins, and discard the skins. Crumble the meat into the hot oil. Cook, breaking it up and mashing it with a fork until it is no longer pink and has begun to brown in places. Add the onions, carrots and green peppers. Cook and stir until softened. Add the potatoes, salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are lightly browned and the mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.



Over on The English Kitchen today, a delicious Sticky Toffee Cake!! Scrummy!

24 comments:

  1. All WILL be well, my dear! So happy to hear you with this positive attitude! The Lord always has His eye on us, and knows where He needs us to be...He will guide you to the right place. I know you will both be happy & see His hand in your lives.

    Love you loads & wish I could give you a big hug! This will have to do! I'll talk to you tomorrow--can't wait to hear what's next!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what Julie said.
    I spent most of my time in the temple tonight praying for you. My heart and thoughts are constantly with you. Keep thinking positive dear. All will work out. God is the captain of your ship. He will not guide you where He does not want you to go.
    Austin loves sausage. I think I will make that hash next Monday night when he is here.
    I am sending lots and lots of love and hugs. Lura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed something in your posting but do hope all goes well with your new plans. Change is not easy for most of us and with the good Lords help we hope that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Marie, I love your wise attitude and am confident God has a perfect plan in store for you. It can be a little uneasy not knowing what lies ahead, but thankfully that is where faith takes the reigns. God loves you and so do I! Stay encouraged dear friend - you are so wonderful!
    xoxo, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything will be well... And with you positive attitude and faith, you & Todd will be fine! I love that you are seeing this as a new opportunity, not an ending. A new chapter awaits. And you know, I am very excited for you! I think the best is yet to come. :o) And you know, it's funny, all day yesterday I was thinking of you, and I "felt" that something big was happening. And when you didn't post yesterday, I just "knew"... Guess that's what happens with kindred spirits! So much looking forward to hearing what plans you have and what's next. Hope we get a chance to chat soon! LOVE YOU HEAPS and thinking of you & Todd extra much just now, sending prayers... ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can almost hear the sleeves getting rolled up and the hands getting rubbed together and the cry going up "Right, let's be on....". You're a star and I love you muchly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right Marie, new beginnings can be scary. But if God is for us, who indeed can be against us? I know that he will guide you and lead you right where he wants you. If only I were closer to help out. Indeed, if there is anything I can do, please let me know. Sounds like you are thinking soundly. Keep Calm and Carry On! Much love to you, Todd and Jess - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. if anyone can face this with a positive attitude it's you!! Just let us know where you go because I do not want to lose touch of you...Thank God for the internet huh??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second Lyn's comment here Marie and also Ma's.I have no idea what the new plan is or where you are going,but I know you will make a success of whatever you do or wherever you go.I hav ealways been a big believer in God puts us where he thinks best.I shall be wondering now until I hear more.God be with you and Todd whatever lies ahead.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your attitude. I haven't always enjoyed it, but have found that just like you, if I open my heart it, there's allot to be learned. GOOD LUCK!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey lovely, as usual your blog is like a breath of fresh air - and this entry really rang true for me. I loved it. You are such an inspiration -even when you are undergoing challenges yourself! I love your attitude - and your food! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I once heard a talk, I think it was by Sherry Dew and she talked about living a life so intuned with the Lord the when you awake in the morning the Devil says, "Oh, No, she's awake!"

    One of his biggest tools is discouragement and when we awake refreshed and full of faith it so pleases the Lord and disgruntles the other one. That is you, Marie. Full of faith and pressing forward with a prefect brightness of hope. I love you and things will work out.

    When I have discouragement I try to remember that picture by Greg Olsen where the little girl is reaching up to Christ and He is leaning over to give her a hand up. He is there and you are reaching up! I am proud of you.

    And sometimes you just have to keep thinking in faith until you truly adopt that paradigm into your heart, hook line and sinker and then the fear leaves and the peace comes. I have had to do that many times with Hazel's health issues. It is incredibly amazing to be lifted up by the strong arm of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always so grateful when God has pushed me out of my comfort zone...that's when the new adventures begin and He helps me to do what I never though possible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Again, Marie, I am so sorry about the news--especially that you have to move ASAP before you even have a chance to fully gather your thoughts. However, I know the Lord has something awesome in mind for you, and I love your post, because I think that deep down you believe this too. And that photo at the very top is magnificent

    Do you think you might consider moving back to Canada to be closer to your family?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marie I always think of you as a wise 'Fairy Blogmother' so I am sure you will make a great decision wherever life is taking you and your family next :-) Your posts always have some relevance to me - so sending you lots of good wishes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Marie, I am so sorry to hear this. Change is daunting isn't it..but you seem like a person who is so brave and strong and you have made huge changes in your life in the past - which requires huge strength. Rest assured we will all follow on your journey with you, wherever it may lead you. I wish you the very, very best Marie and hope that out of this change comes happiness and joy. with my love Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are truly an admirable woman! i love your positive attitude. i know all will be well too. sorry for this trial in your life but i am sure it will bring you even greater blessings than you could've ever imagined. i love you and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow Marie
    so you are leaving your dear little cottage. I know God has something terrific in store for you. SOmeone else is in need of your talents and your faith.
    Still have your apron in my kitchen so when i wear it i can always thinkg of how dear you are
    catie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I reread your posts trying to find what I missed. I am also praying all will be well and with your enormous faith and cheer it will. Our loving Father in Heaven will bless and guide you and Todd where He needs you ot build his kingdom. Even with all on your mind you once more lifted my spirit.
    I am excited to see what is next for you both!
    Again I am praying all will work out for the best and exciting blessings await!~♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. We never know why we're put in situations and places at certain times until we look back on it. Even then we may wonder why, but our Heavenly Father knows you and your heart and your situation. Take care and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Marie
    I have looked thrugh your Blogs to see what I have missed about your having to move from your lovely home.
    I was quite worried initially but on re-reading your entry I realise that whatever happens to you and Todd now, it is in the hands of God who will definitely give you the helping hand you both deserve.
    I wish you both all the best, mixed with lots of happiness when you choose what is secure and happiest for you both for the rest of your future lives.
    I know it will be fruitfull as you don't know how to be unnoccupied.
    My prayers and blessings to you and Todd my dear friend.
    God bless you both.
    All the best!
    Jeanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marie, I am excited for you! With your strong faith in the Lord, you have no worries. It will be a physical challenge, no doubt, but to have something like this at this stage in your life is highly motivating! God bless and good luck, and stay in touch. I am glad I came back in time to find out about this great event in your life. I'll be checking back from time to time to see where you are and what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marie I am way behind on reading blogs but I can only assume that you have deleted a post you made yesterday about losing your job and home, since I cannot find it. I am praying for God's hands to be on you and on this move and for Him to give you peace as He guides you in the coming months. Remember that His plans are to prosper you.... blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Marie
    I will be praying for you as you step out in faith to see what God's new plan is for the two of you. Aren't you glad we have a heavenly father who already knows the future?
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!