Wednesday 6 April 2011

Dancing in the rain . . .



Yesterday, cane or not, I had been promising myself that I was going to go for a long walk. Just as I opened the door to go though, I saw drops of rain on the ground and within a few moments the skies opened and it just bucketed down. It wasn't too long before all the pavements were wet and large puddles had started to form. So much for my walk.



I returned inside and stared through my front window at the rain falling, feeling more than a little disappointed. As I watched I noticed a little boy and his mother walking past the house. On the little boy's feet were shiny red wellington boots, and on his face he wore a smile so broad that it was obvious that he was quite enjoying his walk in the rain!



Watching him walk along, happily splashing away, it occurred to me that it had been a very long time since I had regarded walking in the rain as an activity to be enjoyed . . . and so, within a few minutes . . . this time armed with an umbrella and raincoat, I set off too. It is no surprise that I really enjoyed that walk. What a difference a change in attitude can make to circumstances we cannot alter!



Lura continues to improve, slowly and steadily. You can read about her journey here, with much thanks to her friend Sil, who is able to be with her at this time and leaves updates on Lura's Page daily. Lura is not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination and your prayers are still so very much needed and appreciated. I am in awe of Lura's strength and fortitude and so inspired by her example and attitude. But then again . . . I always have been. Please continue to stop by and give her some love and encouragement. She could really use it.

I am off to the Dentist this morning for a check up and hopefully cleaning. I didn't get to my One Stop Program last Friday morning , except to stop in and let them know I was registered, but would have to leave early that day due to a clash with an emergency Dental Appointment. It was decided that I best leave it to start this Friday, so that is how that went. I've been watching Kirstie Allie's Big Life on the telly these past few nights . . . tuning in to how rich and famous people lose the weight. She seems quite motivated, but then again, she has the help of a personal trainer and all that staff around her motiviating her. She's also got a Chubby Buddy, but he was caught by an "in car" camera cheating and buyingand eating burgers at a fast food outlet. It seemed a shame that he has all those resources to help him as well, but he's out there still eating burgers. I should be so lucky. There won't be any personal trainers helping me out!!

Here's my absolute favourite way to do a grilled cheese sandwich. Won't be too many of these in my near future either.



*Rustic Grilled Cheese*
makes one serving, but is easily multiplied
Printable Recipe

This is my favourite way to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

2 slices multi-grain bread
1 tsp Honey Mustard
6 slices of shaved Chicken Breast sandwich meat
2 thin slices of tomato
1 slice of processed cheese
softened butter

Spread the mustard onto one slice of the bread. Top with the chicken, tomato and slice of cheese. Cover with the remaining slice of bread. Spread both outsides of the sandwich with softened butter. Heat a skillet large enough to hold the sandwich over medium heat. Add the sandwich. Cook until browned on one side, before turning over to brown on the other side. Remove from the pan and let sit for a few minutes before slicing in half to serve.




In The English Kitchen today, a delicious Slow Roasted Shoulder of Lamb.

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you strength and great success on your quest for a healthier you. I know that if you put your mind and considerable talents to the task that you can do it.

    I continue to keep your friend in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy a walk. It's true we shouldn't let the weather or our circumstances get us down. A change of attitude is our choice and that isn't always easy but it sure does help. I hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little walk is better than no walk, 'eh? ;o) It was raining a lot here yesterday too--the up part of that is that it melted a lot of the snow away... HOORAY! Hope all goes well with your dentist appointment, and then your One Step later. I think you are very brave to making some big changes for your health, my friend! :o) Happy Day--LOVE YOU LOTS ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try a little walk every day now Marie,I must admit it does make me feel much better but I hate walking in the wind.It's not the getting the weight off it's maintaining the weight loss,I find difficult.Have a good day,Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost see you have a wee skip and a half jump in the puddles !!! Hope all goes well with the dentist...better you than me...I keep our dear friend Lura in my thoughts and prayers and have sent off smething to help pass her days...
    love Sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It felt so good to read your posts this morning. I am such a fan of yours. Our attitude really does make our days good or bad in many ways. I loved that you went walking in the rain. The picturs were so adorable.
    Prayers will be sent for your friend.
    Just know that today I was uplifted by your thoughts.
    Blessings and hugs to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!