Friday 20 April 2012

Friday ponderings . . .



I do so love this time of year so very much. Spring . . . with the lengthening days, and ever increasing warmth of the sun . . . my garden awakens more and more with each day that passes . . .



I look at the flowers which begin to come alive again . . . and recognize their faces. Some have grave expressions and some have happy faces. Some smile up at me whilst others turn their faces away. . .

Source: tumblr.com via Marie on Pinterest



Still yet others look as pious as a Parson, all remote as if engaged in secret prayer. Another wild and frivelous . . . and another comforting and homely, each with it's own sweet meaning and message to bring.

Source: flickr.com via Marie on Pinterest



There is a place for each and a purpose, a tiny part to play, much like us. We may mass them into beds and crowd them into tiny spaces, but . . . we may stoop to see the beauty of each singular face, enjoying their singularity, much as the father stoops to see the beauty in each of us.




April brings with it both sun and rain. They come together on many a day, much like life with all of it's tears and joys. Cloud and shadows, changing with the changing hours. I am grateful for my faith which helps to sing amidst April showers, knowing that behind the gloomy pall of the day, glory is still there . . . God loves us one and all.


“Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely. ... He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf



Here's a little something I got up to yesterday afternoon. Well, actually I started it the day before, and finished it yesterday afternoon. That makes three recipes now, done in watercolours . . . and spread out across a page in a most delightfully delicious way I think. What do you think??? Should I do more?

And speaking of recipes . . .



Today in The English Kitchen, I'm cooking up a delicious German Potato Salad. (my way of course!)

Have a fab Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!