Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Simple Woman's Day book . . .




FOR TODAY, June 17th, 2012...

Outside My Window...

It's dull . . . dull . . . dull. Looks like rain! (NO surprise there!)

I am thinking...
You often say, "I would give, but only to the deserving." The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pastures. They give that they might live, for to withhold is to perish.
~Kahil Gibran
Giving only to those whom you judge to be deserving is not really giving at all . . . the real sign of virtue, or true charity . . . is to give without thought, not because you have to, or because you feel it is something you must do . . . but because it is something you cannot "NOT" do. When it becomes as natural to you as breathing . . .

I am thankful for...
I am thankful for each day that I am given. Good or bad . . . they bless me in countless ways.

From the kitchen...
Not a heck of a lot actually! I have not really gotten back in to the swing of things since my return. I will have to change that today though . . . the missionaries are coming over for their tea!!

I am wearing...

Pink M&S nightie. Slippers.

I am creating...

I have a few irons in the fire.



About half done. That will be shelved until we get back. This time I will finish an afghan. It will NOT end up in a box in the loft . . . gathering dust.

Kitty Cat Softie Pattern, Soft Doll Stuffed Animal Pattern, Soft Toy Pattern, Rag Doll Pattern, Cloth Doll Pattern, Kitten, PDF Pattern
(Pattern from Oh Sew Dollin)Link
I am also working on this. I know a particular little girl that likes kitty kats! This will be her Christmas Present this year. I'm also working at finishing Christmas Stockings for all the grands and I have plans to do special paintings for each of them with the First Initial of their names as the focus. This will be a real challenge for Doug's boys as they all have names which start with the letter "J!"

I am going...
This
week, I have my presidency meeting tomorrow night and the dog is going to be groomed on Thursday morning. I think they may want to start our bath this week too. I'll just have to wait and see. I really want it to be done and over with asap. We will have no bath at all and a porta pottie outdoors until it is done.
I am reading...




Call the Midwife, by Jennifer Worth
I really enjoyed the series by the BBC and thought I would like to read the book. Books are always a lot more detailed than films or television shows. I am really enjoying this book. It's fabulous and I am glad that I picked it up to read. It details the life of a young midwife in London's East End in the 1950's and is a real peek into the way of life which existed there during that time period . . . the hardship, the poverty, the sadness, the joy, etc. I highly recommend.

Still reading this, but I am also reading at the same time:



I am 3/4 of the way through this . . . and just beginning this . . .



All on my Kindle. It's so much easier to manage in bed than a book.

I am hoping...

I
am hoping that I start to feel better. For the past few afternoons I have come over all giddy about dinner time. I get the supper ready and then I can't sit down and eat it. I need to go lay down as I am all dizzy and clammy and out of sorts. Todd thinks I am exhausted. I probably am!!

I am hearing...
Nothing new really. The keys are tapping. The birds are singing. The odd car drives by. The clock is ticking.
Mitzie and I just had a cuddle on the sofa. She likes her morning cuddle. I do too. No surprise there!

Around the house...



When we can afford it, we are thinking of moving to Twin Beds instead of our double bed. Apparently I twitch all night in my sleep. Todd finds it very unsettling. I keep waking him up. I thrash about and jerk my legs and arms. I am not aware that I am doing it, but I can imagine just how annoying it must be to him. It would be very annoying to me! Twin beds can be fun.
One of my favourite things . . .



I
just adore Brooches . . . especially Butterfly Brooches. I have one. My ex MIL gave it to me for Christmas the year my ex and I split up. It's my favourite brooch. I don't have a lot of brooches . . . only a few. My ex boss had a whole closet filled with brooches. I always loved looking at them and putting them away for her. They were so beautiful.

Something new about me ...
I
hate chocolate milk, chocolate ice cream, hot chocolate and chocolate flavoured cereals . . . mostly because they turn the milk to chocolate milk. However, I adore chocolate cakes, cookies and brownies. I also love chocolate dipped potato chips and pretzels and chocolate bars. I don't understand the whole chocolate milk thing . . . it doesn't make sense!

One of my guilty pleasures ...

Synders Pretzel Bites. I brought two bags back with me in my suitcase. Some Honey Mustard Ones and some Buttermilk Ranch ones. I wish I could get them over here.

Pet Peeves...
People who jump the Queue. It really annoys me. Old people are especially bad for doing this, especially little old ladies. Sorry but it's true. It happened to me just yesterday in the Grocery Store. I was clearly moving my card to a til and this little old lady pushed ahead of me. She looked right at me when she did it too. Grrr . . .

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


(My granddaughter Maryn with her blankie and beloved Kitty.)

Father, I am well aware
I can't make it on my own.
So take my hand and hold it tight,
For I cannot walk alone."
~Helen Steiner Rice

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou dost preserve my life; thou dost stretch out thy hand against the wrath of my enemies, and thy right hand delivers me. ~Psalm 138:7

I am ever grateful that I do not walk alone along this pathway called life, and for that knowledge in my heart which whispers to me that God is always with me, no matter what the circumstance. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for those who either don't believe in God, or for those who feel themselves unworthy of His love and care. I wish that they could feel His deep and abiding love for them, just as I do.

As a closing thought I would like to leave you with this:

“The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments.” ~President Dieter F Uchtdorf

Source: google.com via Marie on Pinterest



And there you have it . . . my day book for this week. Don't forget to hop on over to the Simple Woman to check out the other day book entries! (Or better yet, do a simple day book entry yourself! It's not that hard and I am betting you would enjoy it!



Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Roasted Summer Garden Veggies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!