Wednesday 24 July 2013

Wednesday thoughts . . .

 photo 3df5ee6f84c257f404005fd07e644777_zps9160ef88.jpg

A wee bit of heaven
drifted down from above . . .
A handful of happiness,
a heart full of love.
The mystery of life
so sacred and sweet,
The giver of joy
so deep and complete.
Precious and priceless,
so lovable, too . . .
The world's sweetest miracle,
baby . . . is you.
~Helen Steiner Rice  

I was so very thrilled to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge leave the hospital yesterday with their beautiful little Prince!  I could not help but be reminded of that moment all those years ago when Diana and Charles left that same hospital with their own little Prince.  Different time for sure . . . but no less joyous at that time!

 photo xroyal-babyjpgpagespeedickqb2hyWWZe_zpsb768e3b8.jpg

This is such a gracious couple.   I love them and I wish them all the best with their new son.   My heart was so very touched, and moved to tears even at the sight.   Some may think that crazy . . . but, that's me!

I thought about what I would say to them, had I the chance . . .

  photo b71e7498ffe7306ea9f5d20ba75c11bd_zpsdc0e2403.jpg

There's something so very special about any baby, but the first one . . . there's only one first . . .
The pressure must be enormous . . . they are raising a future King of the realm . . . in front of the eyes of the World.  I hope they give them plenty of space to do a good job.

I think one bit of advice I would give them is this . . .

"The greatest Gift a Father can give his children is . . . to love their Mother."
~Howard W Hunter  

I would say also the same in reverse.   Two parents who love and honor each other with deep love and respect . . . such a beautiful gift to their children.  From them they will learn how to be good husbands and wives . . . and good parents.

Spare the rod and spoil the child.   Teach him accountability and right from wrong.  Feed them with equal doses of love and discipline, but always discipline with love . . . take your responsibilities as parents seriously, practice them as if everything in your child's life counts on them, because . . . everything  does . . .

 photo e02fac076dbb10dc4323eb10cea55392_zps5ed437b5.jpg

Keep faith with one another . . . strengthen one another . . . uphold, respect and admire the virtues of each other, dwell on the good and not the bad . . . speak graciously of one another, both in public and in private.

Love, honor and respect each other . . . and your children, always.   Be there for each other and for your sons and daughters, forever and always . . . no matter what.

“Show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon our Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day and as you deal with the challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them.” 
~Thomas S Monson  

   photo 544434_10151490246581636_632119282_n_zpseed7b474.jpg

They are such a sweet, young family . . . I wish them well.   I pray for them a life filled with happiness and joy . . . and above all . . . love.  I just know Diana would have been so proud of her son.   He is a brilliant young man.  He loves his wife, and he loves his son, just as he, himself was loved.

 photo web-baby-13-ap_zpsc687088b.jpg

My heart melts . . .

Ten little fingers, 
Ten tiny toes, 
The sweetest of smiles 
And a cute little nose. 
All these add up 
To a very special thing . . . 
  A BABY
 The greatest of gifts 
That life can bring 
~author unknown 

 

Baking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Raspberry Celebration Cake.   Just because . . .




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!