Saturday 31 August 2013

Saturday This and That . . .

   photo SAM_8023_zps56b935a2.jpg

 So we had an absolutely fabulous day on the farm yesterday!!  As long as the day was and as exhausted as we were when we returned home last evening, we both had to agree it was a day well spent.  I haven't had time to download or go through any of  my photographs yet, but look for a post on our day at Yeo Valley really soon!   If you ever, EVER have the chance to go there and take the farm tour, be sure to take it.  It's fabulous!

 photo SAM_8001_zpsdb1febb5.jpg

When we went to Gloucester Todd did not sleep the whole night before we left.  This time it was my turn.  Even though we did everything humanly possible to ensure our having had a good night's sleep. I did not sleep a wink.  I wonder why that is???  I often have problems sleeping if I have something special to do the next day, which is just when you don't want to have insomnia.   It was the same when I flew to Canada in April.  Up all night tossing and turning and looking at the clock.  Thankfully with the long journey on the train I had the opportunity to catch a few winks.   I didn't sleep actually . . . but was able to rest somewhat.  Does anyone else have this problem before they go/do something  or somewhere special?   What do you do to combat it???

 photo SAM_7058_zpsf7a3263f.jpg

Mind, I am a bit of an insomniac anyways. I often have problems falling asleep and staying asleep.  My father is the same way.  I just can't seem to turn my brain off.  It just keeps ticking and ticking.   The other night I tried everything . . . praying, counting . . . having a glass of milk.

Nothing worked.  I guess some nights are just like that . . .

  photo applescopyright_zps35d219bd.jpg

As most of you know I have been taking an Art Class based on the art of Modigliani.  This was a piece I did the other day in Conte soft pastels on Murano Pastel Paper.  I used a piece of dark grey paper.  It had a nice tooth to it and captured the colour brilliantly.  I quite enjoyed doing it.   This piece took me about 15 minutes, which isn't very long at all.   I called it "In the Orchard."  I think I may frame this one and hang it in the house.  I may offer it as prints as well.  It all depends on interest shown.

I also have some good news re the children's book I have written.

 photo copyrightthankful_zpsbb2cbc99.jpg

There has been interest shown, not only in the book, but in all of my artwork in general.  We shall see what happens there.  Early days yet, but very promising.   Please keep your fingers crossed for me.  I have been struggling since I lost my job at the manor to find another way of bringing in an income.  It's been very difficult.   Todd only has his basic state pension coming in and receives a small stipend because he is married, but each month which passes we struggle more and  more, and have had to make some very difficult choices.  Our food storage has taken a real beating . . . and with the cost of petrol, we have had to be a lot more choosy about where we go in the car.  With an MOT looming, we are faced with the possibility that we may even have to take our car completely off the road.  (If we have another experience with the MOT like we had last year especially!)  There is no way we can afford to have any work done on it at all.   Me being able to find some form of employment which I can actually do is really important to us, and as everyone knows the job market is very poor at the moment for even the fittest and most educated people, never mind an almost 60 year old woman with severe arthritis!  We have been praying and praying that something would come up and I have tried my darnedest over these past three and a half years to come up with something.  My biggest problem is I don't know how to market myself.

I stop sometimes and wonder if my stuff just isn't good enough . . . the self doubt creeps in, as it can with all of us I am sure.   But then I look at it, and then I look at what other people are doing and quite successfully and I think no . . . my stuff is just as good as anyone else's.  It's just a matter of getting the right break at the right time.  And so . . . I live in hope!

 photo b721e024742491c0d47bd32618dcfde5_zpsdf3039d2.jpg

I finished this book the other night when I wasn't able to sleep and was shocked at the end of it.  I didn't see that coming!  You MUST read it, you really MUST!

My sister and I always dreamt of writing a novel of sorts.  I think we should do it.  Together I think we would come up with a real cracking read!  Or maybe not.  ☺

I am just babbling now actually . . . I am still quite tired from not having slept on Thursday night and then all the walking, etc. yesterday.  (Which I am really proud of myself for being able to keep up with) so I will let you go now because you are probably getting really tired from reading my babble!

  photo d871cde6eeaa998cb2ca58752abc54a8_zpse5b531c2.jpg

I'll just leave you with a happy thought for the day . . .

☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ 
Laughter is timeless,
Imagination has no age,
And dreams are forever
☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ 
~Tinkerbell  


 photo chocolategirl-f3079e35324deea0ed5f2deec6382e11_h.jpg  

I am sharing all of my tips on Cake Bakery today, over in The English Kitchen.


Happy a Fabulous Saturday!!  The sun is shining here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!