Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 FOR TODAY August 20th, 2013

Outside my window...
It'slooking like it's going to be  a nice day.  We sure have had a lovely summer.  No complaints from here!

I am thinking...
✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


" A strong woman believes that she's strong enough to face her journey, but a woman of strength has Faith that it is in this journey that she will become strong. ”
~ Author Unknown


I like to believe I am a woman of strength, but there are days when I wish I didn't have to be so strong.   Does that make sense?  

I am thankful...
I am thankful for my Todd over these past few days.   I don't know what I would do without him.

In the kitchen...
I have zip.  Todd even cooked his own porkchop last night.   I just cannot stomach the idea of cooking anything yet.  I am beginning to feel a bit hungry, but not sure what for.   In fact I woke up this  morning because my stomach was telling me I needed to eat something.   I am eating a bowl of cereal, albeit very slowly.

.I am wearing...
Nothing new here! Yep, in my nightie!

I am creating...
Zip, nada . . . nothing but if I was feeling better you know I would be creating all sorts.

 photo fc9662cb4917d023ef52e73e40b422a0_zps386b330a.jpg

Like maybe these cute little fabric stamps on Nana Company.   Are they not totally adorable?  I think so too!

 photo 94f4c4532e15f4ac896a799e18211dc6_zps5c57aba1.jpg

I adore this little Button Tiara.   People think of the cutest things. I can see this done with all mother of pearl buttons or sparkly buttons.   Oh no . . . I feel a project coming on!   Pinched from Lova Blavard.   Isn't it darling?

 photo 33830d51707692d8b944fb9206645eed_zpsc78f3674.jpg

I always kind of cringe when I see that someone has destroyed a book, even an old book, but this is a cute idea to turn one into an album of sorts.    This is a Christmas Album, seen on Two Peas in a Pod.   Love it!

 photo f9001f8d78a5dc7394ac89d90acd24dc_zps7d28d538.jpg

How cute are these?  Origami Dresses!  I love doing Origami.   My sister in law is very good at it.   She's Japanese.  When she and my brother lived in Japan they sent us some origami papers and stuff to do with the kids which we really enjoyed.   You can find a tutorial on how to make them at Dreadlock Girl.com . Wierd name, I know, but cute crafts.


I am going...
 I have no plans this week other than to get better.

I am wondering...

Was it food poisoning?   Or something else?  I'll probably never know.   All I want to do is feel normal again.

I am reading...

 photo white-queen-main_1479038f_zpseab5aec4.jpg

The White Queen, by Philippa Gregory
The dramatization of this book is playing on the BBC at the moment.  I thought I would read the book, especially since I recently discovered that one of my ancestors was involved at this time, Sir John Howard.  It just makes it a bit more interesting with this connection.

Elizabeth Woodville is one of England’s less well-known queens, partly because she was a commoner, besmirched by her enemies as the poor Lancastrian widow who seduced the golden son of York, Edward IV, by witchcraft. Later, it was alleged that Edward had been previously betrothed to another lady, rendering his marriage to Elizabeth invalid and their children illegitimate.  After her series about the Tudors, Philippa Gregory takes us back to the Wars of the Roses in this entrancing novel. In Elizabeth she has alighted on an intriguing subject. She won the lecherous Edward through beauty and sex appeal. Theirs was a love story. But Elizabeth also believed herself to be a seer with magical powers who could curse her enemies.

Its a cracking story!

Still looking for something new and interesting to read.  I love anything historical, Romantic but not smutty, autobiographical, true stories, etc.   Any worthwhile suggestions?  I also love books time lined in ancient oriental culture.  Still looking for suggestions!


I am hoping...
That I can work on a special art project I've been working on today.   Hoping I feel well enough to get stuck into it.

I am looking forward to...
Getting back to normal.  Pretty please with sugar on it.

I am learning...
I am not invincible!

Around the house...

 photo 9a4bb6bf9da37a4d366f6108e5891948_zps0ad2be8c.jpg

I would love a window over the kitchen sink, alas there is not.   Just a big empty space.  Maybe I could make a pretend one there?   There is something nice about being able to wash your dishes whilst you lose your mind in what's going on outside your kitchen window I think . . .

  photo 3feb5b878b77295b6c7b8bbe57773fc3_zpsaea021b0.jpg

Just love the look of all of this enamelware in this kitchen.   It looks so quaint and old fashioned.  I was reading yesterday that one way to make a small kitchen look larger was to remove some of the cupboard doors and just have open shelves . . . the only problem with that is that then they have to be neat and tidy all the time.  I'm far too scatterbrained for that I fear.

I am pondering...
I am thinking I am still quite tired and may go back to bed . . . but will I?    I don't know!

A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

The life I touch for good or ill
will touch another life,
and that in turn another,
until who knows where the trembling stops
or in what far place my touch will be felt.
~ Frederick Buechner


One of my favorite things...

 photo 5b3a123db0e68cb59a9b7fbdb48563de_zpsb385157e.jpg

Stationary, cards, pens . . . pencils.  I often pick up ones I fall in love with and then can't bear to part with . . . 


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Zip.

A peek into my day...  

 photo 715db3d26bd149fe97b9ecfc54c8c46c_zpsdb92deee.jpg

I spend a lot of time with my head in the clouds.  It has ever been so . . . . 

A thought to carry with you through today:

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻.
♥´´¯`•.¸¸.♫´¯`•.¸¸.

Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts
to finding peace of mind and happiness inside.
No matter what is going on outside of us,
there's always something we could be grateful for....
- Barry Neil Kaufman



 photo 522001_344217255719620_1187507504_n_zpsd6607b2f.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!