Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book . . .

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 FOR TODAYSeptember 3rd

Outside my window...
The sun is just rising over the horizon.   They say we are in for another beautiful day.   We surely have been blessed this summer!

I am thinking...
✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


"You will recognize your own path
when you come upon it,
because you will suddenly have all the energy
and imagination you will ever need."
~Jerry Gillies


My son had been telling me for years that I needed to illustrate my little children's poems and turn them into books.   That is what I have been doing these past few weeks and I recognize my path . . . I should have listened years ago and done this.  Whether I will have any success with this or not . . . time will tell.

I am thankful...
I am thankful for the gift of discernment and the Holy Ghost.  They have both helped me many, many times.

In the kitchen...

 


Check it out in The English Kitchen today . . . some fabulous Mushrooms on Toast with Garlic Pancetta!  This is a simple recipe and very tasty!

.I am wearing...
Nothing new here! Yep, in my nightie!

I am creating...

 photo ad10cdb10a8faafe70cfd946afd4978e_zpsc08fe9e5.jpg

I love this eyeglasses case!  Something like this would be perfect for keeping them in on the bedside table so that if they did fall off (as mine sometimes do) they would be protected and you could find them a lot easier.  Taken from Positively Splendid.   Fabulous!

 photo e5e2dd501a8b46dcf80e640b9a017576_zps6fd399e8.jpg

Loving the looks of this sewing caddy.   That would come in really handy in the evenings whilst watching the telly.  I have seen things like this to hold the remote and the TV Guide as well.   Everything in it's place and a place for everything!

  photo 4f4908a136c8c9285713d6a415a3a8f7_zps703bc0b6.jpg

I just adore these chicken pot holders!   You can find the pattern here.   Are they not just the cutest things!   There are so many talented people out there that want to share!  Yay!!

 photo 0a37ef9665750c0565aec415715f6980_zps86020667.jpg

There are oodles of free felt Christmas Crafts HERE.   It is hard to make up the mind about which one to do first!  I love working with felt!

I am going...
We are going in to town today to do some banking.   I haven't been in town for a while.  It looks to be a fine day so today is the day!

I am wondering...
How much wood could a woodchucK chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?  It's hard even to type that, never mind say it!

I am reading...

 photo 78514_original_zps523f43a2.jpg

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou
This is the first in a series of autobiographical books by Maya Angelou.  Told in the first person this memoir traces Maya Angelou's childhood in a small, rural community during the 1930s. Filled with images and recollections that point to the dignity and courage of black men and women, Angelou paints a sometimes disquieting, but always affecting picture of the people—and the times—that touched her life.  

When Maya turned three, she and her brother, Bailey, went to live with her grandmother in Arkansas because of her mother’s divorce. They worked doing strenuous, everyday chores and the grandmother, referred to by the children as “Momma”, instilled in them religion and values. When Maya was eight and Bailey nine, they went to live with their mother in California.

I've only just begun to read it. I understand that it has some explicit parts in it, which I haven't gotten to yet.   Not sure how I will feel about it then . . . but I saw Maya Angelou on Oprah's program Life Class and I wanted to know more about her.  I have always loved her quotes.  Watch this space.

I am hoping...
That we can pay all the bills this month!  I think that is a hope shared by lots of people!

I am looking forward to...
The new series of Downton Abby.   We have been watching the reruns in the run up to the start of the new series.   It just never gets old.   In re-watching them I am seeing things I never noticed the first time around.   I just love all of the characters.  It is a firm favourite of both of ours!  I love it when my husband loves the same television shows I do!

I am learning...
Self Confidence.   If I expect other's to love what I create I have to have confidence in my own talents and love what I create too!

Around the house...

 photo f869fd590c47e95c28a703114836fe65_zps2461550d.jpg

In the cottage we lived in down South we had a laundry room.  Nothing as grand as this, but there was a sink and cupboards and an indoor clothes line in it.  I miss having a laundry room.  We do not have a clothes dryer, but I have never had one since we moved here to the UK, and am rather used to that now.  Our washing machine is in the kitchen now, taking up cupboard space, but I am grateful that I have a washing machine and that it works.

 photo 61b0b782bd909d7801a9edd26af4e11f_zpse009dcb8.jpg

I love, LOVE all the light in this kitchen area.  I long for light in my kitchen.  I long for space in it too.   I was so spoiled in our cottage down South.   I had a huge kitchen there, with lots of light, and space to work.  The problem is we have had to stuff our kitchen from down South into a space half the size and it doesn't quite work!  I think a cull is in order.

 photo a1185d796b9ba9c171b8c4ff7355c95d_zpsac7c9c9f.jpg

Again, loving the light and the space of this dining corner.  Not sure I would go with the chandelier because it looks like too much work when it comes to cleaning and I am rather lazy, but I do love the colours and all of the the windows.  If I had my way and the money I would rip up this carpeting here and replace it with a laminated floor and throw carpets.

Alas . . . I do not have the money, so I just make the best with what I do have.   That's the best way to live.  It is nice to dream, but it's nicer to appreciate blessings already ours.  We are lucky to live in a warm house, in a nice neighborhood, with each other.  We have a big garden and everything we need.   The wants are not important.


I am pondering...
I think my ipad is broken.  I don't know what has happened to it.  I went to use it yesterday morning and this little message kept coming up prompting me to buy online time.  It kept coming up and coming up.  I finally managed to turn it off, thinking then I could turn it back on and it would be gone, but . . . I have not been able to turn it back on.  I hate to think I have to put it in for repairs because I know we can't afford it.  :-(

A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

"Friends can help each other.
A true friend is someone
who lets you have total freedom to be yourself-
and especially to feel.
Or, not feel.
Whatever you happen to be feeling
at the moment is fine with them.
That's what real love amounts to-
letting a person be what he really is."
~Jim Morrison


One of my favorite things... 

. photo ad714340aace8a2fd60bb880b57c5ee0_zpsf650da89.jpg

I love 1950's fashion.  If I was a much thinner woman I would dress like this in the privacy of my own home.  The heck with what other people would think!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I amgoing in to town with Todd today.   The Missionary Sisters are coming for their tea on Thursday evening and I am having a few people over on Friday evening to help celebrate Todd's 75th birthday.  His birthday isn't until Saturday, but there is a Baptism at the chapel that evening and so we will celebrate his special day a day early!

A peek into my day...  
  
 photo 7b7eb83363d204526d4efce3dd0ed6d8_zps0aeed588.jpg

Practicing the art of Love.  It's not as easy as it looks.  It's so easy to think unkind thoughts about another, or to be jealous or resentful of another's success, blessings, etc.  The art of loving is something which I practice every day and sometimes I get it right and sometimes I get it wrong, but I keep trying. Maybe one day . . .


A thought to carry with you through today:

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻.
"Have patience with everything
unresolved in your heart
and try to love the questions themselves.
Don't search for answers now,

because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is to live everything."
~Rainer Maria Rilke 
♥´´¯`•.¸¸.♫´¯`•.¸¸.  


 photo f39c4a3599833df19f4e4f41922f9906_zps08a54896.jpg 
 Los buenos amigos Adiós, hasta mañana!  

PS -  My butterfly picture has been entered into a contest thru Interflora.  You can vote on it every day, but only if you like it.  I sure would appreciate it!  TIA!
Here is the link:  https://apps.facebook.com/meltwaterpromo/312336/entry/516788

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!