Saturday 16 November 2013

Christmas Crafting . . .



  photo raphael-angels.jpg


The holiday season is just about upon us.  I don't know about you, but it seems to have crept up every so quickly!  Didn't summer just finish???  I was in the shops yesterday and they are filled to the rafters with Christmas goodies.   I did pick up some Christmas cards and wrapping paper, but in all honesty the budget isn't stretching very far this year at all.  And so I have been thinking of homemade gifts andholiday decor that I could do myself which would be just as nice as something purchased, but also fall within our budget.  Pinterest is the best place for things like that.  You can find anything on Pinterest.  I used to use Google, but Pinterest is better when it comes to these types of things!


  photo bd25dc6038100a5edaf00bb68557f8c5_zps1fbfea29.jpg

There is no source attributed for this idea, but I think it is a fabulous table decoration!  I love it.  I am not sure where I could find the pine cones, but I know where to get the ribbon, and then as I say that I am thinking a Christmas bauble on the end would be just as pretty. What do you think?

 photo 3d48d38741cbd432b8017041ebd86e0d_zps1f8983df.jpg

I think these pompom bookmarks are adorable!  Also no source attributed.   I love them though.  Makes me wish I was in Young Women's as they would make the perfect gift for a crowd like that.  They would also make great stocking stuffers!

 photo 514afa4591bcd97b8a5eaa73f3b62502_zpsa909a553.jpg

Free Printable Reindeer Nose Bag Toppers.   You know the things I mean . . . you fill a small baggie with red round candy balls and then staple it shut with one of these tags on top.  Voila  Reindeer Noses for in the stocking!   If you click here you will find not only these but a bunch of other really sweet Christmas Printables, for free!

 photo c77e1a3f067f7bf8694358bf592cadef_zps20eed5d9.jpg

No source again, but aren't these adorable???   Looks like baby food jars.  What a sweet idea for making hot chocolate snowmen.   I don't know who wouldn't love to get something like this.

  photo f9ead91a136d65ebd05a824b46285c51_zpseb26bf03.jpg

DIY Vanilla and Cinnamon Sugar Scrub.   And it even includes printable labels.   Body scrubs are very popular and this sounds fabulous.   Who wouldn't love something like this?   I am sure glad that I am a jar saver!  It uses simple ingredients such as olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla . . . I can smell it already!

 photo 137852438563701244_cKiAbdPs_c_zpsba257d4d.jpg

Another cute jar idea.  No source again, but I think it is adorable.  I love those little putz houses, don't you?   That reminds me . . .

  photo 9836c6f8c1cdcdba83080a455db559fd_zpsf1aa0204.jpg

A Tutorial on how to make your own on Pink Cupcake Vintage Blog.  I have always been fascinated with these little glitter houses.  I would love to have a whole row of them to put on our mantle at Christmas.  Guess I better get busy eh?

 photo 37fa20aee53273bbc425d7ff9a5260c8_zpsa094e392.jpg

DIY Lavender and Chamomile Bath Melts.  You can find the instructions for these on a page called Be Beautiful.  My sister makes a lot of body bars and stuff.  They are not all that hard to make apparently.

 photo 430d1d9603fda780888c6d7e845d61e3_zpsc7fcc971.jpg

Coconut Oil Lip Gloss. Sounds and looks fab.  You can find out how on Mad In Crafts.

 photo 1b84b0f260f887bf99c945cca5214c62_zps4a4e3726.jpg

Handmade Microwaveable Cosies.  You just pop them into the microwave and use them to warm up the bed or whatever.  So easy to make and people just love them!  I love the bright colours used on these ones!  That's one thing I have a lot of is fabric!

 photo JOncooking2013ChristmasGingerbread_zpsc82e8f48.jpg

Speaking of cute, here is my grandson Jonathan helping his other nan bake some Chocolate Gingerbread.   He is such a delightful little boy.  I really enjoyed the time I spent with each of my grandsons last spring.  I wish I could spend time with them all the time.  Mary is so lucky because these three (along with their mom and dad) actually live with them.   I can only wish . . .

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

 (¯`v´¯)
.`•.¸.•´ ★
¸.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`*
Find a place inside where there's joy,
and the joy will burn out the pain..
~Joseph Campbell


 photo SAM_1880_zps7165ff87.jpg 

Baking in The English Kitchen today . . . a delicious Pumpkin Crumb Pie!

Have a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!