Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 FOR TODAY November 19th, 2013

Outside my window...
The day is dawning, and the morning chorus begins.  It is cool and we just had a downpour of sleet.  The weather is on the turn.

I am thinking...

✿░(¯`:´¯)░✿
.. (¯ `•.\|/.•´¯)..
░(`✿◠‿◠).•´¯)░
.. (_.•´/|\`•._).. .•.!•.¸.♥´¯`•.¸.♥´¯`♥ .


“When I was young, my ambition
was to be one of the people
who made a difference
in this world.
My hope is to leave the world
a little better for having been here. ”
~Jim Hensen



I would answer mission accomplished!!

I am thankful...
All the many blessings I am gifted with each and every day of my life.  May I never take any of them for granted.

In the kitchen...


 photo SAM_1852_zps7ba88f81.jpg

Sweet and Spicy Chicken wings.  Cooked in my new Tfal ActiFry machine.  Yes, I DO get sent the nicest things!!  These are really good, but you don't have to have a special machine to cook them in.  They can be done in a pot.

I am wearing...
Rather a silly question really.  I am always wearing my night clothes. I'd wear them the whole day through if I thought I could get away with it.

I am creating...  

 photo forcraig_zps5e7232c9.jpg

I was asked to do something as a gift for someone.  Since they will never look at this page I can show you.  A little pencil crayon drawing.  Apparently she has a thing for shoes and handbags!

 photo e75f5fd1208742eee7b159ab6dede765_zps86c7c184.jpg

I like the idea of making my own Gumdrops.   You can find out how on Kitchen Meets Girl.   I love gumdrops.  Every time I visit Canada I bring back a bag with me so I can make a gumdrop cake at Christmas.  I always use my Sister's recipe.  It's the best!  I thought I had the recipe posted but I don't.  I'll have to rectify that!

 photo 2f095cfc1647123defc40cf892406817_zps73963c08.jpg

Mmm . . . who wouldn't enjoy getting a box of this Pecan Pie Cheesecake Fudge at Christmas??  From the Lady Behind the Curtain blog.  It looks sooooooooooo good!

 photo 3ad56379aee61b95585b752e238d71ed_zps5ee476c7.jpg

Love these adorable little Christmas Tree gift boxes.  You can find the template here.  What fab idea?

I am going...
We were supposed to be taking Mitzie to the Groomers today but he called and cancelled yesterday.  Hope he can reschedule it soon.   I had been looking forward to going to Gordale Nurseries and picking up some Christmas Cards.  I may drag Todd there anyways!

We are feeding the Sister Missionaries tonight and so we thought we would treat them to a meal out and are taking them to a carvery which is close to the chapel.  They (and we!) are excited about that!

I am wondering...
How do they get the caramel in the Caramilk bar?

I am reading...

 photo afebfbc5322b5f33f25514bae452280b_zps7dda1da3.jpg

Mercy, by Jodi Picoult.

Police chief of a small Massachusetts town, Cameron McDonald makes the toughest arrest of his life when his own cousin Jamie comes to him and confesses outright that he has killed his terminally ill wife out of mercy.
Now, a heated murder trial plunges the town into upheaval, and drives a wedge into a contented marriage: Cameron, aiding the prosecution in their case against Jamie, is suddenly at odds with his devoted wife, Allie -- seduced by the idea of a man so in love with his wife that he'd grant all her wishes, even her wish to end her life. And when an inexplicable attraction leads to a shocking betrayal, Allie faces the hardest questions of the heart: when does love cross the line of moral obligation? And what does it mean to truly love another?

Enjoying it so far.   I want something new to read though . . . something different.  Any suggestions???   I don't like anything smutty or implausable.  I am quite fond of history and I don't like pap.  (No tall order there or anything, lol!)

Nothing has changed here and I am still looking for something new to read.

I am hoping...
We are having our annual Ladies Dinner Out on Thursday evening.  I am hoping the weather co-operates!

Makes me Smile...

 photo CameronNovember2013_zps04c76914.jpg

This is the latest picture of Cameron posted by my daughter on FB.  Isn't he a cutie pie? I never tired of seeing pictures of my grandchildren.  They always make me smile.

I am learning...
How to curb my appetites.  It is a necessity.  Hard to do, but a necessity.

Around the House ...

 photo e61e684692cd3511645f54f1a4e444f1_zps706c7061.jpg
Isn't this a wonderful idea???  How do people come up with these things!  I love it!

 photo 601573f9ffbc508873242c7530d84724_zpsa76741a4.jpg

I found this really handy room planner on Urban Barn.com.   You just enter the dimensions of your room and it helps you to plan it!  Very nice!

 photo 82d178589287c2b0509c77f4760954ae_zpseabd886d.jpg

From Vintage Junkie, just sew some old doilies together to make a table runner.  It's genius!

 photo 0dee6c8278dd7855bce3b96985fa92a7_zpscd3d5256.jpg

Love the pull out drawer idea for under the sink, from Attic Mag.   People are so smart and stylish!

 photo ba3dd3d603d27eef3ade74539f0041c6_zps1af8cf1f.jpg

People are so smart.  How do they come up with these ideas.  Don't know whose idea this was but it is brilliant.  Cord Cuffs!  Perfect for keeping those cords neatly stored!  Wonderful idea!  Thanks whoever you are!

I am pondering...
I have long wondered why things don't go back into the box the same way they came out.  What's up with that????   I can never manage to get things back the way they should go back.  Is it just me or does everyone have that problem????

A favorite quote for today...  


  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

Never give up,
for that is just the place and time
that the tide will turn.
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
´´¯`•.¸¸.☆


One of my favorite things...  

 photo 973717a1dfb027973d6fce158857d93c_zpsc8d34d4f.jpg

White pearlized buttons.  I adore all buttons, but the white ones are my favourite and even more so if they are old and pearly.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Missionaries tonight, Visit Teaching tomorrow morning, RS Presidency meeting tomorrow night, dinner out with the girls Thursday night and I am sure I have something going on on Friday, but I can't remember what!

A peek into my day...


 photo 1002626_225919594251244_1273388619_n_zps457ca0e6.jpg

There is plenty of this that goes on in our house every day.  I love to cook as you know.  I would be very sad if I couldn't.


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  



Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!