Monday 2 December 2013

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

  photo SMALLANDWONDERFULTHINGS_zps0c49db7e.jpg

 "The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 photo AandCDec2013_zps695ff86d.jpg

A very festive looking little boy.  This is Cameron with his mum, Amanda.   Love that they are wearing matching colours.  I think Cameron has been beary good too!  I do so hope that I will get to see him in his Sock Monkey hat at some point.    He is six months old now.  It's hard to believe so much time has flown by.   I can't wait to hold him one day.  I hope he isn't too old by the time that happens!!

 photo sparrows_zps34afa046.jpg

Looking out at the hedge in the back garden yesterday morning, I could see all of these little heads popping out . . . sparrows patiently waiting for their breakfast.  It was so cute and made my heart smile in a wonderful way!

 photo 1463719_389698917838120_2040390521_n_zps321747d5.jpg

All the carols sung in church yesterday.   I couldn't sing most of them, because of my cold, but it was so nice to hear them.  The choir sang a special piece at the beginning of Sacrament meeting as well.  So very beautiful.

  photo 1468814_388443231297022_660260002_n_zpsc657ab24.jpg

Sitting on the sofa with Todd watching The Paradise and sipping on hot cocoa together while the fire warms our toes.  I love canoodling season.  There is only one episode left I think . . . these lovely series are never long enough to my way of thinking!

 photo 1441490_387723581368987_1619292017_n_zpsfdc2a29d.jpg

Quietly sitting and working on needlework that I am trying to get finished pronto.  I don't know why it is but sitting with needle and thread in hand, quietly working brings a certain sense of comfort to my soul.  I feel like I am connecting with all of my past generations of women who probably also sat in the same way with needle and thread in hand . . . funny that . . . 


I think my lesson went well yesterday in Relief Society.  Haven't had much feedback yet, so maybe not.  At least it is done!  Whew!  My cold has come out full blown now and I have laryngitis, so thank goodness for small mercies.  At least it held off until after I had delivered my lesson.   Mitzie has had like a funny cough since yesterday.  At first I thought she was choking on something.  I hope that it is just a cough and nothing else.  It seems to only happen when she starts to have a barking fit or is excited.

Shall I leave you with a thought for today?   I think so!!

Make it a practice to judge persons
and things in the most favorable light
at all times and under all circumstances.
~Saint Vincent de Paul  



 photo SAM_2142_zps81763d9d.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Loin.  Quite delicious if I don't say so myself!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!