Tuesday 10 December 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg


 FOR TODAY December 10th, 2013

Outside my window...
It's very, very dark.  Cold too.  Brrr...only 15 more days til Christmas!!

I am thinking...

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ
"What is Christmas?
It is tenderness for the past,
courage for the present,
hope for the future.
It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow
with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path
may lead to peace. " ~Agnes M. Pahro
✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.
 


One cannot help but fwant to share  the Love of God and Spirit of Giving which is so very abundant at this time of year.  At least that is the way it is for me.

I am thankful...
I am thankful that my cold is finally beginning to disappate and go away.   I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't come back soon.   I have not had any further news re my heart tests.  I am hoping that no news is good news, although I would think that surely by now I would have heard something at least, bad or good!

In the kitchen...
A trio of tasty appetizers . . .

 photo SAM_2221_zps061a231f.jpg

Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Cups

 photo SAM_2231_zps8ef60481.jpg

Pizza Cups

 photo SAM_2240_zps59909886.jpg

Spinach, Cranberry and Blue Cheese Puffs

I am wearing...
my jim jams, what else!


I am creating...  
I am working on a special scrapbook/birthday card at the moment for a friend but am not able to show you any of that just yet.   In the meantime here's our Christmas tree this year.

 photo tree_zps2e630a4b.jpg

I was absolutely devastated yesterday when we went to decorate the tree, and could find the tree, but none of the ornaments.   They had all disappeared into thin air.  Gone.  Not a trace.   We found an old box which had wrapping paper in it and a few bits which we hadn't been able to find 3 years ago after we had moved back up here, but no Christmas decorations.   My heart sank and I wanted to cry.   All those lovely little blown glass gingerbreadmen and red and white toadstools that I had collected . . . simply no where to be found.

 photo SAM_2302_zps4619900e.jpg

I was glad that we had found some of the bits that had been missing for so long, that was a good thing . . . but I had to go out and buy all new decorations.

 photo SAM_2304_zps03864155.jpg

All my little blown glass gingerbreadmen, gone . . . all my little red toadstools gone.  Thankfully I had three blown glass toadstools that I had picked up at Gordale a few weeks back, but my heart aches at the ones which have been lost.

  photo SAM_2305_zps524b490e.jpg

I had to use my John Lewis vouchers I had been saving to use for our Christmas dinner.   Some might think I should have just put the tree away and forgotten about having one this year.  I could not.   We don't really do Christmas Presents . . . the tree is most of what we have each year, that and the dinner.   I know I can make up dinner somehow anyways, but the tree . . .

 photo SAM_2307_zpsbce501c5.jpg

I am so grateful that I had the vouchers, because the tree looks quite lovely.   And we are blessed to have one, and to have each other.  That is what counts.  Jesus is the reason for the season.   Thank goodness my Jim Shore angels hadn't also disappeared!

I am going...
I think I will go into town today with Todd and maybe take some pictures of that Victorian Christmas Village to share with you all!  Time's a wastin!

I am wondering...
Well, in all honesty I am wondering where those ornaments disappeared to and am hoping that one of these days they will show up!  I don't really like to think that Todd got rid of them by accident.  I know he would never have done it on purpose . . . but I am hopeful that they will show up one year and it will be a wonderful surprise!  Something to look forward to!

I am reading...

 photo THE-MAGPIES-medium_zps219b9cc1.jpg

The Magpies, byMark Edwards

I know you are thinking, finally something new!   A young couple, Jamie and Kirsty move into their first home together, all  full of optimism. The future, in which they plan to get married and start a family, is bright. The other residents of their building seem friendly too, including the Newtons, a married couple who welcome them to the building with open arms.

But then strange things start to happen. Dead rats are left on their doorstep. They hear disturbing noises, and much worse, in the night. After Jamie's best friend is injured in a horrific accident, Jamie and Kirsty find themselves targeted by a campaign of terror.

As they are driven to the edge of despair, Jamie vows to fight back, but he has no idea what he is really up against . . .

The Magpies is a gripping psychological thriller in which the monsters are not vampires or demons but the people who live next door. It is a nightmare that could happen to anyone.

This is a cracking, can't put it down, page turner!

I am hoping...
Mitzie is all better now and I am hoping she doesn't pick up whatever it was that she had again!  I am also hoping to get my Christmas Cards written and posted this week!  If not, it will be too late.  I need to buckle down!


Makes me Smile...
 photo snowglobe_zps58ce14d2.jpg


My Jacqui Lawson Advent Calendar.   I just love it.  It's just like Downton Abby!

 photo BaViX37CMAAZjAVpnglarge_zps035334ad.png

Each day brings with it a new adventure.  I am really enjoying it.

I am learning...
Life is a journey, for good or for bad.  With each day comes a new opportunity for growth.  We can choose to ignore these opportunities, or we can grasp them with both hands and hang on for dear life, enjoying the adventure as it unfolds.   Learning.  Growing.  Becoming.  Hopefully into better people.

Around the House ...


 photo 64957033c4c57cd6b7ad0c8e740ef2da_zps2286a0e1.jpg

Not being able to find our Christmas stuff yesterday has really brought home the need we have to be more organized in this house.   If we had to suddenly move to a much smaller place we would be ina spin.  It would be so hard.   We have decided that come January we are going to go on a little holiday.  One week without any other comittments.   No blogging.  No computer.  No cooking, etc.  We will be organizing, getting rid, prioritizing.  We can't let it slide any longer.

I found this great resource.  Here's hoping we can work some of these things into our plan.

Three questions we will be asking ourselves.   Do we need it?  Do we use it?  Do we love it?


I am pondering...
Seriously . . . I am pondering what the heck happened to all of our Christmas things.  Not to sound like a broken record or anything!  I am completely baffled by their loss.



A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~


It is a mistake to look too far ahead.
Only one link of the chain of destiny
can be handled at a time.
~ Winston Churchill
´´¯`•.¸¸.☆



One of my favorite things...  

 photo 1486784_553233804751968_864490500_n_zpsf7415283.jpg

Fairy Lights.   They just make the world, a house, a room, a space . . . a nicer, softer, sweeter place.  Don't you agree?

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Not a heck of a lot really.  Going into town today.  Finishing the scrapbook/card thing.   Getting my December newsletter out!

A peek into my day...

 photo 1ab66e60543b216cdaa48518931a4120_zps63c49923.jpg


Far . . . far too much of this goes on.  My head in the clouds.  Daydreaming.  I need to work on that.


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  



Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!