Monday 6 January 2014

Small and Wonderful Things

  photo SMALLANDWONDERFULTHINGS_zps0c49db7e.jpg

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 photo 1157598_10153150392165234_991121896_n_zps4df2f48d.jpg

Facetime on the sofa with my middle son at 6 o'clock in the morning when nobody else is around.  No distractions and nothing but the two of us talking and laughing and spending time together.  They should call that precious-time instead of face-time.  I am so grateful for modern technology!   And grateful for a son that wants to spend that time with me.

 photo Marynbaking2014Jan_zpsfca39c30.jpg

Enthusiastic cookie bakers!  The only way this could get any better would be if I was baking cookied with her.   I love my little Maryn and her enthusiasm for everything she does.   I was so blessed to be able to spend a whole afternoon playing with just her last spring when I was at their house on my way back to England and I cherish that time we spent together.   Each time I see a picture of her doing something it takes me back.   She is a delight, pure and simple.

  photo MarynandCamNewYear2014_zps05694599.jpg

One of Cameron's smiles is enough soul food to fill my heart for a year!  He has the sweetest smiles ever.  Well, all my grandchildren do really, but . . . you know.   I can't get enough of any of them!  He is a little cutie pie.  Can't wait to one day get to cuddle him for real.

 photo baxterbirthday_zpse2e9a7df.jpg

Cuddly little Grand-doggies.  This is my youngest son Bruce's and his partner Sara's doggie Baxter.   He just turned one yesterday and this is his Birthday picture.  Isn't he a charmer?   Yes, I do have the sweetest grandchildren of all, including the furry ones too.   I fell in love with Baxter when I was home last spring.   He was delightfully engaging and very charming.  He had just the sweetest personality.

I am a lucky woman.

  photo index_zpsfd318e2f.jpg

Spending time with the Gruffalo.  Can you believe I had never read this story and didn't know anything about him?  I know!  What rock must I have been hiding under.  Last night I got Todd to sit down with me and we watched The Gruffalo on the BBC and were thoroughly enchanted with it.   I fell in love with the Gruffalo!

 photo 1f81e83a4cbfc394f0b3e1f55909a032_zpsc7271d6b.jpg

After Christmas Happy New Year hugs at church yesterday.  As the sign says, one can never have too many hugs!  I love hugs.  One size fits all!  I was the greeter in Relief Society yesterday and I really enjoyed it.  Saying hello to all the sisters as they came in.  It was my favourite job of all.  I would love to be a Wal-mart greeter.   

Life is good. 

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*..✿´´¯`•.¸⁀°♡
"Have patience with everything
unresolved in your heart
and try to love the questions themselves.
Don't search for answers now,
because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is to live everything."
~Rainer Maria Rilke



  photo SAM_2608_zpse7a18e09.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . A Gratin of Sprouts & Bacon.   Delicious!

Happy Monday everyone!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!