Friday 18 April 2014

Friday Finds

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!  

 photo 1bacd50782a7e7c3f4b6d8d5c903cd3a_zpsf1ded670.jpg

Naturally Repair Wood With Vinegar and Canola Oil. ~ Use 3/4 cup of oil, add 1/4 cup vinegar. white or apple cider vinegar, mix it in a jar, then rub it into the wood. You don’t need to wipe it off; the wood just soaks it in.  This really works.

 photo tumblr_mlle4gR95m1ry757lo1_500_zpsb33aae6c.jpg

I found a fabulous site which is chocker block full of everything you want to know about crochet.  There are little films and tutorials.   Absolutely brilliant.   Check out The Crochet Dork!

 photo Sun-Dried-Tomato-Spread_AFarmgirlsDabbles_AFD-3_zps9dfe82b2.jpg

I just adore tomatoes and I love, LOVE sun dried tomatoes.  I found a fabulous recipe for Sun Dried Tomato Spread!  Fabulous on bruschetta with some creamed cheese, etc.  There is no end to it's usefulness.  You can find the recipe on A Farm Girl Dabbles.

 photo Colorful-Makeup-Pouch_zpsda478ba3.jpg

I found a brilliant tutorial on making a cute make-up pouch on Liluna.  Don't you just love that fabric???  How cute is that!  I think it is so sweet!  The pattern doesn't look that complicated at all, not even putting in the zipper!

 photo bca09fdd2d2a33ea6f8b804ea1a52152_zps21491b4e.jpg

I always hate giving money as gifts because it seems to lack thought on the part of the giver.   It's such an easy thing to do and so impersonal, if you know what I mean.   This creative idea puts a bit more ooomph into the idea of giving money to someone!  Money Origami on How about Orange.   Brilliant idea!  I love it!

 photo 1bdc7b3c18f175a5b703adbf35c3d9e8_zps02e6db4f.jpg

This is an absolutely brilliant idea!  How often have you baked cookies to bring to a friend and then can't find something to bring them in???  It happens to me all the time. I have lost more tins that way because people have a tendancy to see the tin as a part of the gift.   This idea uses a simple paper plate to make a cookie basket.   BRILL!!  I found it on One Good Thing!

 photo daisy_collage_zps4cb84261.jpg

And finally . . . I have fallen in love with this daisy crochet throw.   I just adore it.  I will be making this!  You can find out all of the directions to make the daisy squares, etc. on Tillie Tulip.  



Since this is Good Friday I would be remiss if I didn't share a spiritual message with you.  The Gospel is a huge part of my life and who I am.  To me, Easter is one of the most special aspects of this.   If you would love to watch a beautiful message on the Saviour's Atonement watch the video.  I just love Elder Holland's talks.   He always puts so much of his heart into them, and they never fail to inspire me.

A thought for today . . . .

(¯`✻´¯)
  `*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

"When times get hard . . .  remember, 
we are not the first to ask . . .  
"Is there no other way?"
~ Elder Jeffrey R Holland

✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. ✻ღϠ₡  

 

A simple lunch in The English Kitchen today . . . a French bistro type of salad . . . Salade Composé
Quite simply delicious!  

Have a wonderful Good Friday!  If you are travelling, be safe!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


8 comments:

  1. Morning, Marie! WOW--love vinegar & oil trick for wood! That paper plate gift idea is wonderful! Bookmarking the Crochet Dork now. ;o) Later this afternoon I'm looking forward to some time with devotional reading. It's been a busy week as we visit with family. And we have TJ's parents coming over for dinner Easter Sunday evening. Wishing you & yours a BLESSED EASTER Weekend, dear friend ((LOTS of LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, that sounds lovely. Wishing you all the best Easter weekend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pam, A very blessed Good Friday to you too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely peaceful Easter weekend to you Marie..and T and M:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Monique! Same to you and yours! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed this yesterday! I must be blind....

    I love the oil and vinegar idea for furniture and I'll be trying this out. And I just loved the cookie basket idea! I often make biscuits and nibbles at Christmas for gifts and usually put them on a plate and try and wrap in cellophane. This is so much better. Why didn't I think of it?

    I love the sounds of the Sun Dried Tomato dip. That would be very popular here. And I saw on the same blog a fantastic recipe for
    Sautéed Mediterranean Deviled Eggs that I'll make tomorrow (I have all the ingredients home for a change..) They sound so tasty.

    Thank you so much for sharing your finds with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Marie! I always have a slap my forehead, why didn't I think of that moment when I see things like this! That's why I share them with you all! I will have to seek out that Sautéed Mediterranean Deviled Egg recipe now! It sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!