Wednesday 30 April 2014

The BluebellWood



 photo imagejpg1_zps00887b10.jpg

I took a walk . . . over hill and dale,
across meadow and stile,
to the place where an old Oak stood . . .

 photo imagejpg5_zps5c2c27bb.jpg

and there . . .  beneath it's branches lay
a sight magnificent and pure,
the splendour of a bluebell wood . . .


 photo imagejpg4_zps6c916467.jpg

A carpet filled with blue and green
blanketing all within it's path
as far as the eye could see . . .

 photo imagejpg2_zpseba43943.jpg

A heavenly gift . . . 
from a heavenly realm . . .
for just such as you and me . . .

 photo imagejpg2_zps8c7ed71a.jpg

I bent my ear unto the ground . . .
for I thought that I could hear

 photo imagejpg3_zps9ce759a3.jpg

Amidst the whisper of the breeze,
beneath that canopy of trees . . .
a faint . . .  and holy sound
 photo imagejpg1_zpsaf00a66c.jpg


a million little tinkles 
which brought me to  my knees . . . 
upon that cool damp ground 

 photo imagejpg2_zpseba43943.jpg

on that sunny day . . . beneath that tree . . .
in a beautiful blue hazed symphony
in the cathedral of 
the bluebell wood . . .  
~Marie Rayner ®  

Just a bit on nonsensical poetry from me today.  It's not even really that good.  But I wanted to share . . .

 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . Sticky Bangers with Buttermilk and Chive Mash.  So good!

Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

12 comments:

  1. That was beautiful and wonderful pictures too. You are quite creative. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam, you are too, too kind. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have blue carets everywhere too..but scillas! Nice to see blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is the season of blue at the moment here Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely Marie...There are some beautiful bluebell woods around me and they are a truly delightful thing to see....Your poem just "blends" in so wonderfully..Thank you...and I do love the photographs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a talented lady, Marie. Crafty, chef extraordinaire, and now such pretty poetry. Reminds me of Wordsworth.
    On a totally different note, I was in London for 3 days ( returned yesterday) and it did not rain a drop. Came home to Limehouse( maybe you remember it from your Georgetown days) and it was pouring cats and digs all day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sybil. I was enjoying the bluebells yesterday and the sight was still with me when I woke up this morning and this was what came out!

    Anna, you are so kind to say such things to me. I do remember Limehouse. Don't forget April showers bring May flowers! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. bluebells, one of my fav things. Did you do the paintings.? I recognize the places and the photos they came from how did you do that?
    Beautiful
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely (and simple) paintings.
    Reminded me of the poem Daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Janice and Haddock. It's called Waterlogue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Marie,
    Your poem is beautiful I love it and fits with the pictures perfectly, you are so very talented. Kind regards Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much Mandy! You are so kind to say this! xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!