Sunday 11 May 2014

Sonnets are full of love . . .


 photo MariesMum.jpg 

 Sonnets are full of love, and this my tome
Has many sonnets: so here now shall be
One sonnet more, a love sonnet, from me
To her whose heart is my heart’s quiet home,
To my first Love, my Mother, on whose knee
I learnt love-lore that is not troublesome;
Whose service is my special dignity,
And she my loadstar while I go and come
And so because you love me, and because
I love you, Mother, I have woven a wreath
Of rhymes wherewith to crown your honored name:
In you not fourscore years can dim the flame
Of love, whose blessed glow transcends the laws
Of time and change and mortal life and death.  
~Christina Rossetti

   
 Happy Mother's Day everyone.     My computer is acting up this morning and I don't have a lot of time on Sunday mornings anyways, so I will keep it brief.   I wish for each of you a very special day.   I think my friend Angela summed it up very well . . .

For those women who are not traditional mothers, just know that mothers day is not just about women who are mums. It is about people who care for and nurture others. It is about loving your friends, your family and your others. So rather than it being a mothers day it should be a caring day. A day to appreciate and feel real gratitude for those who give love to all of us.  

I am grateful for all of the mum's in my life.

 photo SAM_4630_zpsd49932fe.jpg 

In The English Kitchen today  . . . . Streusel Topped Brownies.   Scrumdiddlyumptious!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════    



 

12 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day to you my darling. I always have to make the effort to make any mothers day experience happen. I am so tired tonight. At church every lady, whether she had children or not, was given a gift. Some of the young men formed a boy band. They were so so funny. Church was the best part of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Mothers Day to you ! Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your church today Suzan. Happy Mother's day to you too.

    Pam, I hope you have a lovely day! Thanks! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's day and Grandmother's day..
    Love that..Caring day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's day and Grandmother's day to you too Monique! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for reminding others about ALL kind of Mothers...I so miss my beloved God Daughter being her God Mother was the greatest priviledge I ever had. I never doubted for one moment that she was not God sent to me...
    Do pray that you have had a lovely day at church and afterwards having a relaxing Sunday... Weather has been lovely this afternoon despite the almost gale force wind...Night night xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that should read that she WAS GOD sent !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing for you dear Marie a lovely Mum's day. Hope you are having a sweet day.
    Blessings, love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to you Marie! Happy Mother's Day to you...a little late. Our trip is on the docket to come your way. Probably about this time next year. So excited to finally be able to meet you in person! I have located the towns our ancestors are from so all the more exciting once we pop over to Wales. The kids leave for Loughborough on July 14th. it is really happening! Chris is in Romania tonight. Honestly that kid does get around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Christina Rossetti's writings. My children have memorized so many of her lovely poems. Those brownies look delicious. Happy Belated Mother's Day! Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!