Friday 7 November 2014

Friday Finds

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!  
























 I quite like this knitted baby blanket.  I love the hounds tooth pattern and the red ruffled edge.  It is a pattern which you can find free on Ravelry.  It is most unusual I think. 






















I also think these crochet chrysanthemum dishcloths are really cute.   Also found on Ravelry
























I love this little christmas gift box.   It's a free printable from Just Something I Made. It would be perfect for those smaller gifts that can be a bit awkward to wrap.   I think it's really cute and I love the colours.






















Now this is an unusual way to use your Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter and cookies!  Flip it upside down and turn it into a reindeer!  I love it!  Found on Megann's Kitchen.  There is no recipe for the cookie, just the icing.   But a good gingerbread cookie is not hard to find.


















This is a Merry and Bright Garland, with full instructions on the blog, Creative Breathing.  This lady doesn't blog any more, but she's left all of her tutorials etc. up for people to use.   It's a fab resource really of all sorts of felt and paper crafts.




















Is this not the sweetest needle felted scottie dog?  I love scottie dogs.  My ex mil had a scottie dog named Fergie.  He was lovely.  This is from the Etsy shop Miss Bumbles, based over here in London.























I could not find a source for this, but I don't think it would be all that hard to figure out.  I think he is just about the sweetest snowman I have ever seen and he looks really simple to make!























I think these Christmas coasters are A D O R A B L E.  I found it on Flickr.
No instructions, but how hard can they be.   They would be a great way to use up fabric scraps.

























 Cottage Magpie.  LOVE.  LOVE.  LOVE.  It's red and white.  It's polka dots.  It's buttons.























What a brilliant idea for a child's advent calendar and it doesn't involve candy!  Just some ingenuity and some white pompoms!  I love it.  Found on Oopsy Daisy.   She's got a lot of brilliant ideas on her page for all sorts. 

And that's it for this weeks Friday Finds.  Lots of Christmasy stuff I know, but it widll be here before we know it.  The time to prepare is now!   I hope you saw something you can use or which has inspired you to want to create something new!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .


❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
There’s nothing more important 
than the small gestures 
that allow us to be who we are.
 ~karen berg
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 

 photo SAM_7859_zpsa1d4026d.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pork Chops and Beans.  Unusually delicious.

We have the Elder Missionaries coming to us for supper tonight!  I am off to start the prep.

   ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

Have a fabulous Friday!


 

8 comments:

  1. We had our first dusting of snow last night... All we need is a Christmas tree--LOL! Those reindeer gingerbread cookies are very cute! Oh... I think I must have that sweet felt Scottie dog--too cute for words! The Christmas Ball Coasters are such fun--so easy to do, I'd bet. This would be a nice last minute giftie idea. Thank you for all the Christmas fun today, Marie! Happy Weekend to you all there :o) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. I am in Adelaide and it has been 37 degrees. The fire danger is very high and all day the fire engines have been screaming along the streets.

    Once again I loved the treats you have shown. I think I could do those snowmen and call them Aussie snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gingerbread men / reindeer cookies are cute ! I'd never thought to turn them around like that! You do come up with lots of good things to show us! Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh snow already Tracy! I can't imagine. I have become a winter wimp living here in the UK for as long as I have now! Love and hugs! xxoo

    Nice to hear you are enjoying your holidays Suzan! I hope you will be safe from the fires! xxoo

    Thanks Pam! I know, as soon as I saw the reindeer, I wondered why I hadn't thought of it myself! You have a super day too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute finds Marie..
    And Jacques would love your dish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pork chop and beans sounds really good to me right now.
    I loved all your Friday finds. I especially loved the baby blanket. I would love to make one like this one.
    All the Christmas finds were awesome. I am getting excited for Christmas thanks to you.
    Blessings, love and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone is in the Christmas mood! I love it! There is a radio station here that is playing Christmas music already. So happy that they do that. I haven't pulled out my truck load of Christmas music CD's but managed to play one so far. Can't put it off much longer. Next week, I'm sure I will be digging out the box of CD's and they will play almost no stop.

    I really loved the vintage garland and the Scottie dog!

    Hope you are doing well! This is a crazy busy month for me.

    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Monique! I hope Jacques gets to taste it! I think it is man food for sure. xoxo

    I am always excited for Christmas LeAnn! We are doing Thanksgiving for the missionaries this year and I told Todd the tree is going up for that! xoxo

    I love Christmas music too Valerie! Twins again, no surprise! Love you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!