Sunday 2 November 2014

This and that . . .
























 I had a whole post just about written this morning and it totally disappeared on me.  I think my fingers slipped on the keyboard and I accidentally deleted it.  Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles!

Our church Ward had a "Trunk and Treat" event on Friday evening at the chapel.   Todd and I weren't able to go because Todd had to drive Ariana to work at 7:30 and we had someone coming over  to give us some information on the Ward History which we are correlating, but I would have loved to have gone.  It looks like everyoen had a lovely time!

















This is Eileen and Lora.  Eileen is a lady from South Africa and has a heart of pure gold.  She's a lot of fun.  I love her to pieces and it is the same with Lorna!  Lorna is from around the corner from where Todd grew up and she is almost 80 if you can believe it!  Both are amazing ladies and it looks like they had a lovely time and really got into the spirit of things!!






















Just look at Eileen's boot!  She really went to town on it.   I was so impressed to see this.  I hadn't realized that so many Halloween decorations were available over here these days.

















I don't know whose boot this is, but they did a really fabulous job on it.  Very spooky indeed!


















 This is Olivia and their boot.  She is such a sweet, sweet girl.   We love her to pieces as well.  She is our little ray of sunshine in the Ward.   She has such a tender heart.
















A few of our trick or treaters.  I think I like the little furry witches most of all.   I don't think Mitzie would have stood still for a photo like this.   That's my good friend Lesley and her pooches.   I have known Lesley for the whole time I have lived over here.   She used to be my Visiting Teacher when we lived here in Chester before we moved down South and we do Visit Teaching together now, plus we work together as the Ward  PR Reps.   Love her to bits too.  Just look at all of those little goblins!
















Even the Sister Missionaries got into the spirit of things.  We have a new sister now.  It will be fun getting to know her better over these next few weeks while she is here.

Phil Jones was the photographer for the event.  He is the same man who took Todd, Mine and Mitzie's family photos a few years back  He's very talented.   There are a lot more photos of the different children, but I wouldn't want to upset anyone by posting them.  I think these ones I have posted are pretty generic and nobody can complain or be upset about them.  I just wanted to show you that we Latter Day Saints know how to have a good time and our good times usually involve the youngest right on up to the oldest.  We are a family in every sense of the word, and let me tell you . . .  when your own family is halfway across the world, that means a lot!  We are each of us valued and loved . . . and nobody is left out.  That's the way it should be.

 
 photo imagejpg2_zps64b800dd.jpg

Not the clearest photograph but this is our Doug's little hobgoblins!  That's my ex Mother In Law, Elizabeth.  I think Doug must have taken the boys over to trick or treat at hers.  I love seeing these pictures.

 photo imagejpg1_zps85706b59.jpg

It helps me to feel a part of things, even though I am a bazillion miles away and I am most appreciative of my son who shared them with me.  

I think out of all my ex in laws I miss my Mother in Law most of all.   She and I always got on like a house on fire and even now she is always happy to see me, and I her.   We shared a common love of old films and nostalgia.   I always enjoyed the time I got to spend with her.   She is a dear sweet lady, and very glamorous for being in her late 80's! 

I will leave you with a thought for today now . . .

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥  
Happiness held is the seed.
Happiness shared is the flower.
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥     


 photo SAM_7951_zps3a96be44.jpg 

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Christmas Morning Breakfast Buns.   I am experimenting before the holidays are upon us!  These turned out fabulous!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


I hope you have a lovely Sunday!  May it be truly blessed in countless ways.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you as usal for sharing these fun photographs I know a lot of churches do nt like the halloween celebrations....including mine !....but I have never seen any evil connections in children having fun. I am quite sure they do not actually mean to be little demons or witches etc. they just love the dressing up and attention that they get...(.I would think no more than non christian brought up childern care about dressing up as Mary or Joseph or shepperds..) but I dont hear the minsiters shout out about that...or mayeb some do !! what a weird old world we live in LOL. At our church we with the church of England do put f a fun evening for trick and treaters who are invited in for hot chocolate, bacon butties sweets etc, I hear that we had over 100 children and parents in,,,,of cousre it was for FREE !!!!!. I didnt see many or indeed any return for the table top sale yesterday !!!!. We had a very poor turn out which is a shame as there were some new "tables" this month and I was sad for them...
    It has been a wet startdown here but think that it is drying up now. I am doing a reading at church this morning so I am away now to see what the reading is !! It is from Joshua 3 7 - 17 I think !!!! Have a lovely Sunday whatever you find yourself doing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. It seems everyone had the best time.

    I am off to see the recipe of the day. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see anything evil about it either Sybil, although I know some really fundamentalists do, but then they don't mind celebrating Christmas which takes a lot of it's symbolism from ancient pagan customs! I know my son was never allowed to read the Harry Potter novels I bought him because the step mom saw them as evil. (Personally I think it was because I bought them, but that's a whole nother story!) I do love to see the children having fun. It's not evil for them and they don't read anything into it that is evil either. Surely God looks to the heart of these things and if it's motivation is pure, then that is what He sees! Your bacon butties and hot chocolate sounds lovely. I am not surprised you had so many! Sorry though that your table sales are doing so poorly. I think people have little cash to spare these days. I wish I could be there to hear your reading. I am sure you will do well with it! xxoo

    Love to you too Suzan! You have a lovely day! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess not having grown up with Halloween I do find it a weird thing. I understand having fun dressing up. I worry about trick or treating. Though I always keep the light on and something here in case someone does come. It falls into the each to their own category with me. Around my area we have many that do not celebrate birthdays, Easter or Christmas. How I love Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my sons made the comment that there is more trunk or treat going on now than trick or treat. Things do keep changing for sure. All cute pictures today! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you have all this joy around you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzan it was not unusual for us to run out of candy on Halloween back home and someone would have to run to the shops to get more! We could easily have several hundred or more on a Halloween night trick or treating. It's really big in North America. I do love Christmas and Easter. xx

    THing do change Pam, and not always for the better I don't think. xx

    Thanks Monique and Valerie! xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!