Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, December 23, 2014

Outside my window ...
It's still very dark.   The days are getting longer now though.  We haven't noticed it yet.  It will be weeks before we do.   Yesterday was very mild.  We actually still have roses blooming in the garden and geraniums.   It's crazy.

I am thinking ...
I have a date to read three of my grandsons a story on Facetime on the iPad on Christmas Eve.  I am looking forward to that and have been practicing voices and am thinking what a wonderful thing this modern technology is that I can do that!

I am thankful ...
For modern technology!

In the Kitchen ...
  photo SAM_8619_zps2a606bcf.jpg

Gingerbread Granola!

On my "To Cook" list ...






















Maple Nut Fudge from Mom on Time Out.  This looks sooo good!

I am creating  ...
I've been doing lots of sketching, but no actual painting.   The light has been so poor here lately. Very dark and overcast and of course by the time I have time to go up into my craft room, the day is almost spent.  Looking forward to brighter days!














 I love this half moon crochet shawl I found on Lion Brand.   It looks easy enough to do. Not sure I would use green, but white or black come to mind.



















It's a sock monkey finger puppet!  I love it!  From The Yarn Box.



















 These Rice Filled Owl Heating pads are really cute!  From Modern Mrs Darcy. 


















Fabric Covered Suitcases.  so pretty.  From Bright, Bold and Beautiful.

I am going ...
We are going to the Christmas Carol Service at our Ward on Christmas Eve and then we are having the Missionary Sisters for dinner on Christmas Day.   Other than that we have no plans for the week.   Quiet is good.

I am reading ...






















The Photographer's Wife, by Nick Alexander
The Photographer's Wife is an epic tale set in two eras, a tale of the secrets one generation has, rightly or wrongly, chosen to hide from the next.

Barbara – a child of the Blitz – has more secrets than she cares to admit. She has protected her children from many of the harsh realities of life and told them little of the poverty of her childhood, nor of the darker side of her marriage to one of Britain's most famous photographers. With such an incomplete picture of the past, her youngest, Sophie, has struggled to understand who her parents really are, and in turn, Barbara sometimes worries, to build her own identity. When Sophie, decides to organise a vast retrospective exhibition of her adored father's work, old photos are pulled from dusty boxes. But with them tumble stories from the past, stories and secrets that will challenge every aspect of how Sophie sees her parents.

I am hoping ...
We had a bit of trouble with our car the other night and weren't able to get to the church for the special Christmas Truce presentation.  I was so disappointed.   The steering wheel locked and we could not get it to turn on, or move the steering wheel.   Then just as suddenly as it had begun, it stopped and fixed itself.  I am hoping it doesn't happen again.

Makes me smile ...

 photo DSC_9231.jpg

 This photograph of Todd and Mitzie makes me smile.   He's so "Look at the Camera!" and she's so "Whatever!"

I am learning  ...
When it comes to cookies, potato chips, chocolate . . .  I have no self control.  I need to master this weakness, or it will kill me.

Around the house ... 


































 The Top 58 more Creative Home Organizing Ideas and DIY Projects found on DIY Crafts.






















Handy and inventive uses for Baby Powder around the house, from The Creek Line House.   Some of these are very useful.






















 30+ Dog Toys you can make from things around the house.  I am so going to do some of these.  Lucky Mitzie!  From Tips For Women.






















 Twenty Top Secret Spots for Storage around the house.   From Woo Home.  I could sure use some of these!

I am pondering ...
With all of the signs which are appearing around us on a daily basis, why more people can't see we are living in the Latter Days?  Filling my lamp with oil so I will be ready.

A Favourite Quote for today  ...

 photo ceec6518f83582fb9b3b934fc9e85f4d_zpsd18064b4.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“ 




"There is a magic in Christmas. Hearts are opened to a new measure of kindness. Love speaks with increased power. Tensions are eased... "Of all things of heaven and earth of which we bear testimony, none is so important as our witness that Jesus, the Christmas child, condescended to come to earth from the realms of His Eternal Father, here to work among men as healer and teacher, our Great Exemplar. And further, and most important, He suffered on Calvary's cross as an atoning sacrifice for all mankind.

 "At this time of Christmas, this season when gifts are given, let us not forget that God gave His Son, and His Son gave His life, that each of us might have the gift of eternal life" 
~Gordon B. Hinckley, "The Son of God" 

One of my favourite things ...

 photo SAM_2075.jpg

I Love, LOVE our bedroom.   It is one of my favourite rooms in the house.

 photo SAM_2076.jpg

 I love the serenity of it and my Tolipop girls.  It's just a peaceful place.

 A Peek into my day  ...

  photo keeponhoping_zps08ce387a.jpg

Each of my days is filled with hope and promise.   It's a choice I choose to make each day of my life.  I will always hope and believe in promises to be fulfilled.

And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

PS - I changed my music back.  Those Christmas Songs were driving me crazy!  I prefer my peaceful restful music.

10 comments:

  1. It's raining here this morning but it's to get colder for Christmas Day and may snow. Every one loves a white Christmas but I'm ok with rain. The days have been very dark here too. When the sun does appear it is wonderful ! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sunny here but with a very forboding looking dark sky to the East. It's not looking very promising Pam! We never have White Christmas's here. It's pretty much unheard of. I hope you have a lovely day today as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies I hope your world is dusted with snow for Christmas. Our Christmas is not forecast to be overly hot at 31 degrees celcius.

    Marie this is just a thought. How old is your car and is the lock or key very worn? My old corolla used to do this. I had a locksmith refurbish the lock and my problem was solved. Two bonuses to that fix. he came to the house and it was cheaper than a mechanic.

    Enjoy your day. I still have wrapping to do but I am getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No White Christmas here Suzan, but they say we may have a frost. Who knows! The weather here has always been unreliable at best! I will tell Todd about the locksmith. Our car is about 17 years old now. I am surprised it still works at all! Good luck with the wrapping! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same weather here..dark and drizzly and freezing rain weather.I think our wonderland will surely disappear.
    I think your Xmas eve narration time will be one of your greatest gifts.This you will remember!
    I agree Mitzi's face says it all..like yawn..let's just get this over with..ho hum..
    Todd on the other hand..looks so happy and nice..and coaxing her to get into it..and she is saying I'm just not into it!
    Glad the car came unglued..hate that.
    I have always kept my cars a long time too..
    The granola looks quite grand too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right MOnique, that will be my greatest gift this Christmas getting to read a story to the grandsons. I cannot wait! The granola is really good. I can't keep my face out of it! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you get to read to your grandsons on Christmas Eve. My mom is still too afraid of technology to Skype or FaceTime. She is missing out on her grand babies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always a lovely Day book entry. You are just one very special friend that I love following your blog posts.
    Have a Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year. Sending love and hugs!
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. On your car - you may need a new lock tumbler box. If only we were there, my Honey could fix it for you. He fixed one for a friend of ours just the other day. Love you all muchly! Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what I would do without modern technology Anna! Happy Christmas! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! Same to you and yours! xoxo

    It's the thought that counts Raquel! And I appreciate it! Love you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!