Monday 16 February 2015

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

  photo smallandwonderfulthings_zps3028a6aa.jpg

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


 photo 10940456_10153025733157489_1971109342672269491_n_zpsgabt3sll.jpg

This is a picture taken by my mom's side door yesterday.  I am so glad that I don't live in a place where we have to deal with this type of thing.   The snow just keeps coming and coming . . .  I think I am a cold weather wimp now.  I called my mom after church yesterday and this is what was happening.   She said they couldn't even see across the street.  Everyone was staying put for the day and who can blame them!  Having a place to stay warm and dry on a day like this . . . my heart aches for those who are homeless in this kind of weather.

 photo snow day cartoons with Maryn and Cam_zpsbghxktna.jpg

Not too many people were going very far yesterday it seems.   Cam and Maryn were enjoying watching cartoons together after baking and eating cupcakes.    Must have been really good!  They both look totally engrossed!  Nothing like being indoors under a cosy blanket with your bestest stuffed toys and watching cartooons with your best friend on a cold and snowy day!

 photo 10534750_823048161068505_4110894958223898519_n_zpsk6emvaon.jpg

I found this on facebook.  I don't know who it belongs to, but it is adorable.  I tried to find the source, but couldn't, so if it's yours let me know and I will give credit where credit is due.  Maryn turns four later this month and I am thinking this would be the most fabulous cake for a little princess.  It's just cupcakes put together  with a few garnishes like a fairy want, tiara, etc.  Simple!

 photo Maryn Feb 2o15_zps2mugpkcj.jpg

It's hard to believe that our little princess is going to be four.  Seems like only yesterday that she was a wee baby.  I better get her Birthday Card/Package into the post today or she won't be getting it in time!

 photo Cameron Feb 2015_zpsyjjtxzgz.jpg

Looks like Cam is enjoying his cookie.  He has the most beautiful distinctive blue eyes.  Such a little man.   He's growing up quickly also.   I wonder how old he will be before I get to see him in person . . .  best not to think about things like that.

I think my daughter has beautiful children.  But then again, I think all my grandchildren are beautiful.  I think every grandmother does.

 photo DSCN0475_zpsdlekwkw3.jpg

Busy hands.  My mother always said idle hands were the devil's work and so I keep mine busy.

 photo DSCN0476_zpsynngdhwa.jpg

More will be revealed soon.   This little girl is in the act of becoming . . . watch this space.

 photo uktv-call-the-midwife-series-4-13_zps27y2vu0o.jpg

 Sunday evenings and Call The Midwife.  I blubbered my way through another episode last night.  I don't think I have managed not to shed a tear yet this year.   It's a cracker.  Won't give away any spoilers to my North American Friends, except to say that  . . .  this series just goes from strength to strength!

 
 photo DSCN0479_zpsmwhduyzn.jpg

Nobody can beat the worth of a loyal early morning companion.   This wee one is telling me it's time for me to get off this thing and get her breakfast ready.  I best listen to her!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

 ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“


"What is most important almost always involves
the people around us."
~Thomas S Monson
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 

 

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Banana and Sticky Date Muffins, with a brown sugar glaze.

Happy Monday!  I hope it gets your week off to a very good start!   May it be filled to overflowing with small and wonderful things!   Don't forget.

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!



7 comments:

  1. A good morning to you Marie. Personally I am glad my day is over and soon I will be resting in the cool of the air conditioned room. We are only doing one room at the moment and it is still quite warm. Very different weather to the weather you describe.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could send you some of our cool Suzan! God bless your day also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to another season of Call of the Midwife. We always get the series about 6 months after you see them thanks to our PBS station here. Our weather has been much like the picture of what your mom is having there. Thankfully we have had 2 days now without much new snow but it remains bitter cold. The snow will be here for a long while yet. Hope you are staying warm and cozy there ! Happy Monday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cameron's eyes are indeed..beautiful.. a magnet..s..
    That little doll is so cute Marie..
    IKNOWILIVEINAPLACELIKETHAT..
    So used to it..must admit now that we are both retired..it is not as bad..Having to leave the house every day..different..My girls are fed up..:)
    Looking forward to CTM too..and Selfridge..
    Sydney is the mostharming vicar I hae ever seen.
    I loathe..Mary on DA now.she is getting worse and worse!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is not too bad here today Pam, and the sun is actually shining now. When the sun shines in England you will forgive almost any bad weather we might have had. It's just gorgeous. I have to say about CTMW, we thought we would miss Jenny, but we haven't yet. A good sign. xxoo

    I agree Monique, snow is not too bad if you don't have to be anywhere. Here the country comes to a complete halt with even a few flakes. The snow you get in Canada would devastate this country. It would be declared a disaster. I agree about Sydney. Very charming. I think Mary is having a very difficult time to get over Matthew. I don't know if she ever will. She needs a man who is going to tame her. I think Tom is the guy, but I know I will not get my way . . . sigh . . . xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear friend. I do love your simple things. I rarely blog any more but I think of you daily with love. I hope you know I keep you in my heart even though I don't tell you so very often. I live your sweet pics and I live you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Upps..... That was suppose to say love... Not live. My favorite pic is the one of your darling grands with the stuffed monkey you made each of them. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!