Monday 25 May 2015

Small and wonderful things . . .

 photo small and wonderful spring_zpstwcvceyz.jpg


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

As it is the last Monday in May (how did that happen??)  I am going to post the highlights of my month today!

 photo MariesMum.jpg

My  mom made it through another health crisis.  I tell her she is like the Ever-ready Bunny.  She will be running circles around the rest of us for many days to come!  I am so grateful that my sister is there to keep an eye on both my mum and my dad.


 photo Jonathanatpool.jpg

This little charmer turned nine.   Jonathan is now nine years old, saved up his own money to buy an iPad and called me on it.  I am so grateful that, despite me living thousands of miles away, my grandson still called me.   I know that it is down to the faithfulness of his dad Doug, in staying in touch with me that my grandsons know who I am and actually want to talk to me.


 photo Jacob fishing 2015_zpsvwr2aptw.jpg

This is his younger brother Jacob concentrating on his fishing at the fishing derby.   I get to talk to Jake a lot more often than the others because he is only in nursery school now and so is often home on his own in the afternoon while the other two are still in school.   He's a real character!

Love all of my grandchildren to bits.


 photo Bonnie and Jim_zpswywf0fbo.jpg

Another big bonus this month was getting to meet and spend time with Bonnie and Jim.   We had such a lovely time together.   Blogging friends are such special friends I think.   We touch hearts on here and it is such a wonderful thing when our hearts are able to touch in person as well!

  photo Best Buds May 10th 2015_zpsbxth2twk.jpg

This image of Maryn and Cameron really touched my heart this month.  They seem so close to each other.   I know how very much my brother and sister mean to me and I love that my grandchildren are also close to each other and love each other so very much.


 photo ariana and jose_zpsvu54r713.jpg

Seeing Ariana all settled into her own apartment and getting ready for the big day.  Knowing that we were a big part of her getting settled into a new life in England.  It was a sad day for us when she moved out and I miss her company.  We were so blessed to have her living with us.  It's not easy to have a stranger move into your home, nor is it easy for a young woman to move away from home and go to live with strangers . . .  but . . .  we all did it and it worked out very well.  I know we blessed her life and she truly blessed ours as well.  Now begins the rest of her life.   I can't wait to meet Jose!

  photo AnthonyandAnneWedding.jpg

Anniversaries, not one but



 photo David and Christine_zpsjlppmlst.jpg

two.    It is a real blessing to see the people you love so happy in life.






















Being creative.    I've enjoyed creating these angels and hope to create more.

Mystery solved.   It is Nectaroscordum (Sicilian Honey Garlic).  Thanks Swedish Marie!  I had a pretty good idea it was some kind of allium.  

Don't you just love nature?














Another series of Inspector George Gently and old and young eye candy.    I think Sgt Bacchus (Now DI Bacchus) looks like a young Todd in many ways . . .  but Inspector George . . .  well he's just dishy.
















Full stop.

  photo SAM_5505_zps9abb3359.jpg

Load of happy puppy dog kisses.

 photo 7b2461e31338b68cf3b6b0d87e8c65f6_zps947qdje8.jpg

Visits to eclectic cottages from days of yore . . .























Baby Princesses  . . .

Just the tip of the iceberg really.  I've had a great month, dotted with friends, days out, great telly, mammograms (hopefully with good results) and punctuated with oodles of love.  Ordinary days and happenings, but filled with small and wonderful blessings which brought me much joy.

What more could a gal want or ask for??

A thought to carry with you througout the day  . . .

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
"The good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ 
is that the desires of our hearts can be transformed." 
~Michael T Ringwood
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

  photo DSCN1867_zpshfmg3lm0.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . . a Delicious Potato and Egg Salad . . .  with a capery herb vinaigrette dressing.   Simple and tasty.



 I wish for you a wonderful week filled with oodles of small and wonderful things!  Don't forget . . .

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 PS - The photographer friend of mine took a good look at my camera yesterday and he says it is knackered.  Time to return it and have it replaced.


6 comments:

  1. It certainly has beena very quick month Marue,,,I am sure omeone is pinning the world faster and faster !! one day we might just all fly off !! What a shame about your camera, you havn't had it very lng have you ? it urely is still under guarantee but ask for a new one not a repair as it was clearly not a good one...There is a phrase you use but I just can't think what it is...we used to ell people what to do when I worked in teh CAB Citizens Advice centre in fact if the shop refus eto exchange for a new one go along to the CAB they will sort it out for you...
    Hope that you have a lovely day. Here in Box it is the REVELS day and so far the sun is shining so I am hoping for at least a dry day with lots of visitors spening all their money not forgetting to spend on our "table" Whatever you are doing take care and enjoy this last week of the month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been many precious moments. On Saturday nights we watch either Grorge Gently and /or Judge John Deed. I think it is that.

    Tonight I have to do a sleep study. I have to wire myslef up and tape it down and somehow sleep with all this stuff strapped to me. Wish me well. I am dreading it.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly have had a wonderful month. It is hard to believe that May is almost to an end and it seems the days just keep going by faster and faster. Hope you have a wonderful Monday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy post!

    Great plant ID too..Thanks..I had no clue:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonsoir,

    Ce mois de mai est passé si vite !... Merci pour le partage de ces belles journées.

    Gros bisous ❀

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a very negative experience at Curry's with the camera Sybil. I have not had it for very long, only since January. Colour me not very happy about things! Other than that the day was great yesterday! xoxo

    I love Judge John Deed too Suzan! I hope you managed to get some sleep. I don't think I would work very well with one of those. I would not sleep at all I am afraid! xoxo

    Thanks Pam. Time is definitely speeding up I think! (Either that or I am slowing down!) xoxo


    Thanks Monique! I was really happy when I got the e-mail from Marie and discovered what it was! xoxo

    Merci Martine! Bisous a toi aussi! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!