Tuesday 19 May 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook


 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, May 19, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's very overcast.  I am thinking this may well be a rain day, but I could be wrong.  It's also quite cool, but I am resisting putting on the heat.

I am thinking ...
Mitzie has a cough.  I am thinking this may be another Vet job.  (Insert sad face here.)

I am thankful for ...

 photo Bonnie and Jim_zpswywf0fbo.jpg

Good friends!  We had a lovely time together yesterday and the time went far too quickly.   You would have thought Bonnie and I had been friends for our whole lifetime and I just love Jim too.   I said to Todd last night that I have only ever met the nicest people through the internet (including him).   I have been blessed.   I think Jim is a very brave man to drive here in the UK like he is, in a manual car and to be doing so well at it!   He's my hero!

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN1677_zpslqhmylid.jpg

Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins.   So good!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 photo coconut cream pie bars_zpsex2lasng.jpg

These Coconut Cream Pie Bars from Willow Creek Baking look positively gorgeous.  I love Coconut Cream anything!

I am creating ...

 photo copyright Lillies_zpsrlclwazq.jpg

I did another angel yesterday while I was waiting for Bonnie and Jim to arrive.   Consider the Lillies.  I am on pins and needles waiting to hear how the trade show in NYC went.  Fingers still crossed.

 photo f4d0531055c90bbcfebbc0c8f582825e_zpsrhajolrr.jpg

How to make your own fondant pearls for cake decorating.   From Cake Decorating Corner.



















A mini printable box.   If you click on it, it should open up in a new window much larger and then you can save it to your desktop.  No source, but isn't it pretty?

 photo ac9e13cbbc3b0a30bd302292389f08ff_zpspk1lcod9.jpg

 Free Printable Bows and Tags from Chicfetti.   So cute!


 photo e57ba17db953c6952a206dd97de4a822_zpswzwkfgy9.jpg

Loving the Stamped Gift Bags.   From Noelle Garrett Designs.

I am reading ...

 photo 812aZuV163L._SL1500__zpsvpezlv3t.jpg

The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain
In The Silent Sister, Riley MacPherson has spent her entire life believing that her older sister Lisa committed suicide as a teenager. Now, over twenty years later, her father has passed away and she's in New Bern, North Carolina cleaning out his house when she finds evidence to the contrary. Lisa is alive. Alive and living under a new identity. But why exactly was she on the run all those years ago, and what secrets are being kept now? As Riley works to uncover the truth, her discoveries will put into question everything she thought she knew about her family. Riley must decide what the past means for her present, and what she will do with her newfound reality, in this engrossing mystery. I am really enjoying it thus far! I love Diane's books. She's a great writer.  I know . . .  I am a very slow reader these days.  I only read when I go to bed and I fall asleep after about 15 minutes.


I am hoping ...
I really hope that Mitzie's cough is nothing serious.

Makes me smile ...

 photo 11165242_10100610216324339_9079044767367331265_n_zpssxaiajs3.jpg

Bruce and Baxter enjoying a sunny day.

I am learning ...
Patience.  Always patience.   I'm not so good at it.

Around the house ...

 photo 51c3ec0c59f6e3e76a35b75fb97571ca_zpss9h7euau.jpg

I love the paint colour on the walls of this lounge/living room.   I would love to paint our walls.

 photo aead665e7597f3566722b5ab31373ba0_zpsadgtoe3j.jpg

I love this too  . . .  the painted walls, the iron bed, that carpet  . . .

 photo 5a39bf29944ce6efb7b9981f6ecb9632_zpsem0eeol3.jpg

I have always wanted a breakfast nook.


 photo e806832df8a43485435425f5d7f161d6_zpsblhjysxp.jpg

Love this idea but I would pick a different song.   Actually I think I would do a poem.

I am pondering ...
I have a hard time understanding how people cannot believe in God.   I guess that is because I have always known He is there.  Nobody had to teach me.  I just have always known.

A favourite quote of the day  ...



 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. (¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      
ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“


Sometimes your only available mode of transportation
is a leap of faith.
~Margaret Shepard

One of my favourite things ...

 photo index_zpsapvlwhei.jpg


 It's Cadbury's so why don't they have them over here in the UK?   I miss these.   Peanut butter flavoured crunch. Coated in Milk Chocolate.  It's probably a good thing that they don't!

A peek into my day ...

 photo shower_zpsnfrnt6ik.jpg

I have one of these every morning.   I am so grateful for our shower.  ☺

 
And that's my daybook for this week!
                 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
               ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small
*´¯`.¸¸.☆ ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




12 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that the viit went well yesterday...Did you manage to get out and about or was it a day for staying in ? Lovely sunny morning here...at the moment...Peter driving me up to Brierely Hill near Birmingham today to see a new batterywheelchait very lightweight and folds a bit liek a childs oush chair...if it is sutable it would mean that I can get it and MAry's cooter in the back of the car...so finger crossed, it is very expenive o will hav eto be exactly right in every way...I am slightly concerned that it wont go so well on rough ground such as when Lyn and I might take a "walk" throughthe woods etc...anyway please if you se ethis during the day give me a quick arrow prayer that it works out...Do hope Mitzies cough gets better without a vet visit...when did it start ? might have caught a seed or somthing in her thoat..anyway praying that she will be ok..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. It sounds like yesterday was a day that was pure treasure.

    MY day has been spent visiting dad. It has been gloomy here too. We visited a quilt shop too. But most of all dad was pleased to bust out. At present I am thankful for $5 Subway meals. He loves them and they don't upset me.

    I haven't decided on dinner yet. I am a bad mum today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sybil. She didn't eat her breakfast yesterday morning and is laying next to me here on the sofa, with a blanket over her. She usually never lets me put a blanket on top of her. Thank you for her happy thoughts. I will be praying you find the right wheelchair! Xoxo

    Suzan, I practically lived on the Subway Turkey subs when I was living on my own. I liked them with everything on them, hot peppers and all. Oh gee, now you have me craving one! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marie! Oh, what fun with your friends visiting! Like you, the dearest friends of my life I've met online! :o) You're one of them!! Those coconut cream pie bars look dangerously good--YU;! And another sweet angel... I love there floral dresses. Pretty printables. It's a dull, rainy day here... so it's fun to see all these pretties! Wishing you all there a lovely day, dear Marie... And hope all is well with Mitzie! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Tracy! I well remember the day we spent together. It was one of the highlights of my time spent down in Kent. I live in hope that it may happen again one day! Love and hugs back. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a nice visit with your friends and hope you hear some good news soon from the art show.





    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope she fees better soon..Oh my mom loved that choco bar:)

    Coffee Crisp too.
    Glad you had such a nice time with your
    net friends.I have always enjoyed my meetings too..in the past..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love coffee crisp bars too Monique. I treat myself to one every time I go home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marie, Just popped in again to see if there was any news of Mitzie ? I am so sorry she is not well...Mary Peter and I did go up to Brierley Hill but it was to no avail The wheelchair was not suitable. It was not one that I oculd use if I went "walks in the woods for instance " fine for town pavements etc. but at that price I wanted omething that was 100% ok...I was / am very disapointed but that' just one of these things...Praying for Mitzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very sweet Daybook entry today dear girl.
    I am with you I have met some delightful friends on the internet through blogging and facebook.
    I am happy you had some moments with them.
    I love Coconut Cream anything too. I mus try your recipes.
    I really love this drawing and especially the title of "Consider The Lillies. I love when the Tabernacle Choir sings this one.
    I always enjoy the things that you find. I especially like the pictures of the decor. I too would love a kitchen nook and the bedroom is adorable.
    Blessings, love and hugs for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I missed your comment Sybil, and that I was unable to tell you Mitzie was okay! Sorry also that your day was a dud! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!