Tuesday 20 October 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .




 

FOR TODAY, October 20th, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's dark.  Who knows what the day will bring, but yesterday was absolutely gorgeous!

I am thinking ...
More blood tests this morning.  I am starting to feel like a pin cushion.  I hope nothing sinister is going on.

I am thankful for ...
Modern medicine.   I think I would have been dead a long time ago without it!

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN3690_zpsc2g702vd.jpg

Chicken Pad Thai.  Oddly addictive!


On My "To Cook" List ...
 photo sweet Potato Banana Bites_zpshhdebmge.jpg

Sweet Potato Banana Bites, from The Lean Green Bean.

I am creating ...
 photo Ornaments_zpsn83swmdj.jpg

The list is slowly growing.   I have made several more felt ornaments this week.  I made up the  Hello Kitty one myself.   It wasn't hard.  I love doing these things.  Helps to keep my fingers and mind busy while watching mind numbing telly.


 photo Pumpkins_zps7qvmtmgq.jpg

DIY Wooden Pumpkins from Creatively Homespun.   These are fun looking and so simple.  I love primitive things like this.


 photo 897d3f3af231bd99aca7dba955cf00f4_zpssosdosfe.jpg

Candy Corn Wreath Tutorial from The Trendy Tree.


 photo 4b82c03fe6dfe3a2f7c8aaa2ca7f1f7c_zpsd4zqfl7c.jpg

Spider Pops for goulish giveaways on Halloween!  From House of Baby Piranha.  There's a lot of cute ideas of things to do with the kids on that page.  Nice little family friendly blog!


 photo 3973cee38e4e64599a823e613330dc1f_zpstv9wypdl.jpg

Scrap Book Paper Magnets from s.e.i.Lifestyle.

I am reading ...

 photo Article Lead - narrow997594147ghxwnjimage.related.articleLeadNarrow.353x0.ghxwkj.png1435892731112.jpg-300x0_zpsd5nrazbf.jpg

Spill Simmer Falter Wither, by Sara Baume

A misfit man finds a misfit dog. Ray, aged fifty-seven, ‘too old for starting over, too young for giving up’, and One Eye, a vicious little bugger, smaller than expected, a good ratter. Both are accustomed to being alone, unloved, outcast – but they quickly find in each other a strange companionship of sorts. As spring turns to summer, their relationship grows and intensifies, until a savage act forces them to abandon the precarious life they’d established, and take to the road.

Spill Simmer Falter Wither is a wholly different kind of love story: a devastating portrait of loneliness, loss and friendship, and of the scars that are more than skin-deep. Written with tremendous empathy and insight, in lyrical language that surprises and delights, this is an extraordinary and heartbreaking debut by a major new talen.

Short listed for the Guardian First Book Award 2015.

I am hoping ...
We are having a little Halloween Party for the Missionaries this evening at the Johansens. I am hoping I can get everything I need to get done done on time!   I'm also hoping my blood tests are alright today.

Makes me smile ...
 photo 746e7cbc615caec64437dba4efc75a84_zpsqwphcdhh.jpg

Shirley Temple always makes me smile.  I love the films.   My oldest daughter always loved her movies as well.  I have many happy memories of watching them together.

I am learning ...
The more I think I know, the less I really know.  haha   That never changes.

Dreaming about ...
 photo a0635580c3eb6e696939108211bee5dc_zps030kmayn.jpg

Whole rooms just for dishes  . . .

 photo 111_zpsaeqjyz1p.jpg

Cosy cottage kitchens . . .

 photo 571494c45176a61d65823c302dc643ed_zpsi5rfuwlv.jpg

Antique Mirrors  . . .

 photo 69de54d3b0faaa14d3cc1a0829cf5aba_zpsljemepdq.jpg

Old chairs, wooden beds and rag rugs  . . .

 photo 69c685d4faa4cd19280beb68b9de14d9_zpsqxmkxzxg.jpg

Living warm and cosy . . .

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~
ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸.❀⁀
⋱‿✿“`* .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


Things that matter most 
should never be at the mercy of
things that matter least.
~Johan Wolfgang von Goethe 

One of my favourite things ...
 photo 6e50066eb5d17ce32a7d043ea4b468db_zpsyuqmispc.jpg

Anything Tilda . . .

A peek into my day  ...
 photo a89170d00199d0c52f083a8173f4c163_zpsyh5pnuty.jpg

Recognizing and take note of the tender mercies of the Lord which are showered down upon me in abundance.


And that's my daybook for this week.

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░



Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿ 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


4 comments:

  1. I do hope those test do turn out well for you. Being a pin cushion is no fun. Have fun at the party !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you:)
    Be well:)
    I had never heard of Tilda..cute cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pam! The party was fabulous! We had a lovely time and most importantly, so did the kids! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! We shall see what happens. I've been a fan of Tilda anything for a long time now. She is a Swedish designer I think! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late again ! But pleased to be able to be here at all !! Wonder if you are having fun with the missionary's tonight bet they love going to your place, you always welcome them so warmly and feed them so much delicious food treats....
    Do hope the results of your latest tests come back with some good results xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!