Wednesday 2 December 2015

My mind wanders . . .


 photo b21e1910218134a405f63fa2ecaaa5b4_zpsnmzmuhhc.jpg

Chill December brings the sleet, 
Blazing fire, and Christmas treat.
~Sara Coleridge  

Grey  . . . are the days when December veils the world in fog and grey mists.  With dusk each day comes the sweet and welcome thought of lamplight, and book . . .  and firelit room.


 photo 304ec03d51a86605b8bac067c81cc565_zpsudg3qqdu.jpg

No shaft of glory cleaves the skies . . .  the sun cuts a short swathe in it's journey overhead.  Brief is the light and long  the night, as hour by hour the year quickly advances towards  it's death . . .


 photo 589b787a636f614211d3cfb151fcb136_zps0axbtdur.jpg

And yet  . . .  resurrection awaits . . . buried beneath the Winter's frozen tomb.   Dreams of  cups of gold crocus and orchards white with the bloom of April . . .


 photo 2dbf82e3070bdb246557d468c047c2f1_zpsdnlhahrx.jpg

The sun . . . it feels like the smile of God upon the earth below . . . as the year grows old and the bleak winds blow and days shorten . . . the grieving sky is touched with golds and hues of blue.   Blessings fall as cloud rolls back and light breaks through to kiss the earth.


 photo c40aa89ae18fcd75137f30742c9189cb_zpsbjzyogtx.jpg

Shortest day  . . .  longest night.  From frozen hand we take this thing most wonderful . . . that gift which crowns the ending of the year.   The Christmas miracle . . .




 photo SAM_2575_zps67a8246a.jpg

Todd has a gold.  I hope its not a man-cold.  Those are the worst.   There has been a nasty cold and cough going around.   Also what they call the Winter Vomiting Bug over here.  I know several people who have had it.   I hope it all misses me.

I got all of my Christmas Cards written yesterday, ready to post out today.  Todd grumbles at the cost, but it is a small price to pay I feel, for such heartfelt feelings of joy.   As I pen each message and name . . .   I say a little prayer, an added touch of love and mercy for those I am thinking of.  It turns what might feel like a chore into something almost sacred for me.   I like that. This might be the only time of year that I have contact with some.   To me it is very special.

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ  
Everything on the face of the earth
is constantly being transformed
because the Earth is alive and has a soul.
~Paulo Coelho
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ


 photo DSCN4387_zpslzco21pj.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Slow-fried Lemon and Oregano Potatoes.


Have a  wonderful Wednesday!  Don't forget!


 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



3 comments:

  1. Darling I hope that Todd feels better and soon. I also pray you do not catch the bug.

    Our day has been grey and rainy but far from cold. It hasn't beem blisteringly hot so that is wonderful in my book. I had a little blessing yesterday. I sent one parcel but the postal working easily fit it through the letter slot and she saved me some money. I found some old Christmas stamps so it only clost me $1.60 to update the postage. Every penny counts.

    God bless your both,

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care you two~

    I am mailing my overseas cards tomorrow..I hope..

    Wuthering Heights here..fog and grey:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always a blessing when something like that happens Suzan!! I love these tender mercies which crop up now and again! God is good! xoxo

    It's been pretty Wuthering Heights here too Monique! Where is Heathcliff when you want him? lol We are sending ours in two lots. The Canadian ones went yesterday. Today it is the American ones! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!