Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, December 15th, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's dark.  It's damp.  It's cold.  Sigh . . .  it's winter.

I am thinking ...

  


I am thankful for ...
 photo 12308771_10156200308235234_3030250083531808501_n_zpsmf9u5sh7.jpg

Surprise facetimes with a thoughtful son and his three boys!  Seeing their Christmas Decorations and catching some of the excitement which is living in their home this time of year and getting to talk about Power Rangers!

In the kitchen  ...
  photo DSCN4570_zpsgu4tudou.jpg

Hunter's Chicken and Chips.  So simple and easy and fabulously delish, low fat too if you use the right ingredients!

On my "To Cook" list ...
 

Megan's Making.  Gingerbread Truffles.  These look fabulous!

I am creating ...
  

Shabby Creek Cottage, free printable Christmas Art.

 

Spool Snowmen.  They are adorable.  I wish I had more time!  From Cup Cake Cuppy.

 

No Source, but cute table place setting decorations for the holidays.  Simply ribbon tied walnuts!



Little Burrow Designs.  I love the small vignettes this gal makes in all sorts of tiny containers.

  

Recyled cardboard Cat Pad from Design Sponge.

 

Fabric Envelopes from Spoonful of Sugar.   Delightful!

I am reading ...
  

Lineage of Grace, by Francine Rivers

In this compilation of the five books in the best-selling Lineage of Grace series by Francine Rivers, we meet the five women whom God chose—Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary. Each was faced with extraordinary—even scandalous—challenges. Each took great personal risk to fulfill her calling. Each was destined to play a key role in the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World.

I love these types of books and I love Francine Rivers as an author.  Scarlet Thread is one of my all time favourite books of hers.

Looking forward to ...

 

Tatiana arriving here on the 23rd of December!  Yay!

Makes me smile ...
See above!   We are going to have a lovely nine days together.  Todd is too.  Mitzie also!

I am learning ...
That as you get older, no matter how much the heart is willing, the body lets you down more often than not!

 Dreaming About ... 

  

Keith Duffy 's  eyes. He's supposed to be returning to Coronation Street in the new year.  Hubba hubba!

 

Vintage Cherry Bowls.  Love them . . .



Workable Kitchen Islands and a kitchen large enough to hold one . . .

 

Being able to fly  . . .



Mom's Apple Pie . . .

A favourite quote for the day ...
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
            ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸.❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.*
                                            ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 


"The glitter of the season should never prevent us
from seeing the true Prince of Peace."
~Dieter F Uchtdorf 

One of my favourite things ...  

  

Getting a letter in the post.  It doesn't happen much anymore . . .  I miss my mom's letters. 

A peek into my day ...

  

Thumbing through these  . . .  


And that's my daybook for this week!


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!




7 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. Once again your post drip feeds my imagination. God bless your day and I hope you feel warm inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Oh, I do like those words of wisdom by Howard Hunter in tree-form! Oh, my those gingerbread truffles look dangerously good... YUM! That chicken & chips looks like a nice easy weekday meal. SWEET kitty with new cardboard toy--great idea. I must add the Francine Rivers book to my reading list--something for next year! So very glad you're friend is coming to be with you for Christmas--special times ahead...so happy for you all! In a couple days were heading for Christmas... So thought I'd stop by before we go and wish you all, again, VERY HAPPY & BLESSED CHRISTMAS and HEALTH & HAPPY in the NEW YEAR!! :) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to say I think this is why I have always loved to skate. It is as close as I can get to flying by myself. Sadly since I now have osteoporosis I have skated and skied my last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one. Thanks for sharing lots of great ideas today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same weather here..dismal.
    Love the doll vignette in the box:)

    and snail mail too..so glad your son is so thoughtful..he takes after YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delight it always is to read every day your interesting info. I love the idea of the wee doll in the tin, you know what I am like with ...small...things....including a beautiful felt reindeer that mysteriously appeared yesterday in the post !!....any idea how it got in the post ??
    I do love you Marie...great that you are going to have fun over Christmas....what a wet day we are having, it's quite mild, indeed if it was sunny it would be sitting out weather, but it's just dull and now wet wet wet...don't think Masy will be going walks today...hope your day is a bit brighter xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your Daybook and catching up with what you are up too. I loved all the links for the recipes; yummy.
    I love that you had some face time with your son; that is awesome. I just recently had some face time with my oldest daughter in Australia. I miss her so much!
    Loved the pictures and the links and I will hope I can check some of them out.
    I like that author too and will look into the book.
    Hope all is well with you and yours; hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!