Tuesday 28 June 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



FOR TODAY, June 28, 2016

Outside my window ...
It looks like it is going to be a fine day.   A nice and summery one.  Its cool this morning but once the sun gets really going I am sure that will change.

I am thinking ...
I was greatly encouraged by our Prime Minister's speech in the House of Commons yesterday.  I think all will be okay.

I am thankful for ...
My Heavenly Father.  No question!  Being able to serve a mission.  The powers of discernment.  My husband and Mitzie.  So much to be grateful for.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN7753_zps5ncgjshp.jpg

Sweet Corn Muffins.  These are probably the nicest muffins you would ever want to eat.  Delicious, even the day after.

On my "To Cook" list ...
  

Eton Mess Trifle from Sips and Spoonfuls.  This looks fabulous.  I love pistachios.

I am creating ... 

I have done a new painting and am working on another, but haven't gotten anything scanned yet.  Will try to scan them soon.



From My Little Customs, fairy wings tutorials.  So sweet.



A Granny Square Zippered Pouch.  So cute.  From Kikka Tikka.  No instructions but if you can make a granny square, this is great inspiration and easy to follow just by looking and counting.

 

I love this pencil case.  Facile Cecile.

 

Peg Bag Pattern.  So cute.  From Stitch, Craft, Create.

 

Insertable Pocket for a Tote Bag.  Genius!  Frome Skye Pennant.

 

For the kids.  Painted Stone Minions.  From Mum  in the Madhouse.

I am reading ...



While My Eyes Were Closed, by Linda Green

Linda Green’s psychological thriller, While My Eyes Were Closed, focuses on every parent’s worst nightmare. Switching perspectives between a young mother who’s lost her youngest daughter and an elderly lady who believes she’s doing the right thing, it’s a chilling, uncomfortable story about what people are capable of when they lose the ones they love.

During a game of hide-and-seek in the park, mother-of-three Lisa takes a phone call. At first she believes small, four-year-old Ella has found a new, obscure place to hide, but she quickly realises that Ella is no longer in the park and calls the police. Meanwhile, Muriel, an elderly piano teacher, sees a four-year-old child stumble in the park. After watching the mother quickly brush dirt off her hands and then turn to answer her phone, she concludes that the parent is unfit and negligent and takes matters into her own hands.

While My Eyes Were Closed shows Lisa struggling to come to terms with Ella’s disappearance. She’s overwhelmed by guilt at receiving the phone call and despises the attempts those around her make to restore some normality. Everything she sees reminds her that Ella is gone, and she blames herself completely. Her background doesn’t help matters, as the tabloids pounce on the fact that her brother has a criminal record as her family members are taken in for routine questioning. Comments on social media about Lisa’s behaviour at press conferences only make things worse.

Muriel is determined to give Ella the care she believes she needs. Divorced, with a grown-up son Matthew, she lives alone and mostly in the past. As Ella knows Muriel as the nice lady with the cat who gives her elder brother piano lessons, she’s more or less content to stay in her house until Mummy comes to pick her up. However, it isn’t long before even Ella can sense something’s wrong, and she starts to question why she’s being given Matthew’s haircut, Matthew’s clothes, and Matthew’s memories. As the lines between memory and reality blur for Muriel, Ella’s constant questions about where Matthew is now and when Mummy will come to pick her up drive her closer to the edge.

Every parent's nightmare.  Brilliantly written.

I am looking forward to ...
District meeting this morning.  I love being with all of the missionaries in our District.  They are a great bunch.



This is a photograph I took last Wednesday when the sisters came to supper.  We just use TV trays now as our house is just so small.  Dragging out the table takes up too much room and nobody can get around it.  I just lay the meal out on it buffet style and we help ourselves and sit down with a TV tray.  Not ideal, but much more practical than trying to fit huge elders around a table with no room for anyone to move.  Nobody seems to mind.

I am learning to ...
Shut out the world and focus on the things that matter most like my little family here in the UK.  Todd, Mitzie and myself.

Dreaming about ...

 

Maybe having a Raised Bed Vegetable Garden next year  . . .



A new refrigerator/freezer.  I miss my Bosch.

 

Funky Whirligigs . . . .



Sigh . . .

 

What's on the other side  . . .

 A favourite quote for the day  ...

(¯`v´¯) `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.
   •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
             ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                           * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Supporting another's success won't ever dampen yours  . . . 
~Unknown

 Makes me smile ...

 

Lucy at the beach . . .



Baxter at the beach  . . .

Two wet doggies.

One of my favourite things ...
 

Pretty blue skies  . . .


Corners of my Kingdom ...

 

Garden fairies  . . .



Sparrow Fledglings  . . . (from my friend Joy's garden down in Louth)


And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!




5 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. Once again, such beautiful things to admire and dream about. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Today has been grey and cold. My Pip doesn't do well in the cold. Such a shame as there is a beauty to be found in all seasons. I took Pip to Ikea to plan some changes and I wanted to buy some things but did not. They had some dinky little tables, they had flap that folded down. I immediately felt like acquiring a teeny, mouse sized home just for me and furnishing it all in white.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzan! I think that your cold would not be so cold to us, lol. But I do feel for those who can't cope with cold. (((hugs))) to Pip. Oh a teensy, mouse sized home, furnished in white sounds lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you got the veggie growing bug:) me too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do Monique, but I think the only way we are going to be able to do it successfully here is in a raised bed. The ground is just too poor. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie, bit later, no excuse today..just been a busy one....do hope your nice sunny start continued, we started the same but since lunch time it's been wer, and very wet, now very very wet LOL....I had a leadership meeting at church this afternoon which went well. We were told that one of our members had made a most generous donation to pay for all we need to set up the computer, screen, projector, and have it all installed, this was going to cost the church in excess of £2000 at least.......we hoped after we took the plunge that we could apply to the circuit fund to perhaps give us a grant.....this now won't be needed...very soon now we won't all have to have hymn books as the words will be projected onto an overhead screen....( not that I am 100% in favour, being so wee if someone tall were to stand in front of me I wouldn't be able to see a screen unless it's very high up !!). But the majority wanted it. And I'm delighted that someone is donating so generously...
    Thank you so much for a card that arrived today, Mary is very good...better than me !....she is keeping her cards till the morning when she can open them....thinking about that I better go and write her card and wrap up her electric toothbrush I got her as a surprise, she already knows that I am taking her and friends out for afternoon tea tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!