Saturday 20 August 2016

Christmas . . . its coming!

  

 I know what you are thinking . . .  Christmas?   It's still August  . . .  but if you are like me, Christmas always creeps up on you every year.  One day its the 20th of August and before you know it, Santa is harnessing up his reindeer.   There are only 127 days left until Christmas people!  I always have so many crafts I want to do, gifts and decorations I want to make and I always always run out of time.

Specifically I want to make some small collectables, etc. for the grandchildren.

 photo SAM_1610_zps1f300c68.jpg

A few years back I made Santa Keys for them all.


 photo Christmas ornies_zpstinvsjmb.jpg

Last year I spent a lot of time making felt Christmas decorations . . . I want to do some of those again this year, except I want to start a lot earlier . . .

Here are some of the things I have found which really have my fingers itching to get started.

 

You know I have a thing for red and white polka dotted toadstools, right?   I found this pattern to make these sweet little ones on Etsy.   I think they are totally adorable. You can get sparkle felt at Hobbycraft.  I might get sparkle felt for the white bits. I think that would be really nice.

 

These mitten place settings are really cute also.   I love them.  If you knew well enough ahead of time, just who was going to be there you could embroider names on them.   (Martha would!) Then they could also be favors the guests could take home and hang on their trees after.

 

This was for sale in a shop, but no longer available.  How simple.   How attractive and how easy it would be to just make your own.

 

These felt bookmarks would make great gifts to slip into cards, or present to a loved one along with a great book to read.

  


I have about six of these all pieced together and waiting to be turned into stockings up in my craft room.   I have had them sitting there waiting for probably 20 years now . . .  Could this be the year I finally get at least a few of them done?  Well, you never know your luck!

 

Look at this beautifully quilted candle mat/table topper.   I found it on etsy.   I just love it and what a great way to get rid of some scraps.

 

DIY Peppermint Candles anyone?   How adorable are these!   A Pumpkin and a Princess.

 

And these from Delia Creates . . . . I have always wanted to decorate my mantle with a village . . .

Of course you could always take it one step further and  . . .

 

Stick them on a wreath . . .  glitter them, etc.  Thank you Martha.  Magic.  And I have a whole drawer full of Martha Stewart Glitter in every colour under the sun.

 

These ones are made from recycled Christmas Cards.  Two birds with one stone.  Found on Christmas Notebook.


 If I started now, I might have a village by Christmas.  You never know.

  

And every year since time began I have admired this  . . .  could this be the year I actually make one?  Hmmm . . .  I dunno . . . .

 

Mind, I've been wanting to make this forever also  . . .  choices, choices.   This could be the year.

Truth is I have a very craft soul and a mind filled with ideas, but time and money put limitations on all of my wishes in this direction. There are just not enough hours in the day to do it all.  I can tell  one thing for sure though, if I don't start now, nothing will ever get done, and so that is why I am thinking of Christmas in August.

I could easily finish at least a couple of things.

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .


⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
I can choose to let it define me,
refine me, confine me, outshine me . . .
Or I can choose to move on
and leave it behind me.
~Unknown
⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰


 photo DSCN8676_zpsserbtgzh.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Raspberry Dessert Cake.  This is incredibly delicious!

Have a wonderful Saturday!  We are off to a Baptism this morning.  Todd is giving a talk on the Holy Ghost.  I love Baptisms.  Everyone I attend reminds me of my own.   Wherever you go and whatever you get up to, don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!



 

9 comments:

  1. Marie on Tuesday or Monday the it is going to be Christmas soon hit me. Within the hour a new project was on my needles. Like you I have grand plans and less time and often less money to create all I want to create. This year I am working very hard on a low cost Christmas so I have some money to spend on my trip to ShangHai. I can't imagine being away for almost three weeks and no buying anything. Theoretically you can do so on a cruise because almost every need is met.

    I spent my afternoon looking after my cousin's son. He is just four and is a bundle of energy and still thinks he is the centre of everything. Sharon had her break and her movie and came home to a little boy who had his dinner and was washed and in pyjamas. He wanted to nap at four and I kept him awake for his mother's sake.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Christmas will come fast and I cannot for the like of me seem to get started. There is much to do and I won't get done if I don't get started. It may be this year is will be different??? Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you Suzan, I have a very tiny budget and a very long list. I need to try to make as many things as I can and I am feeling the necessity to get cracking because, the time will soon fly by! Todd thinks it is too early to get started on Christmas, but as the person who has to pull it all together I don't think it is ever too early! Lovely that you had a day with an active wee lad. I am sure your cousin really appreciates your service to her! You will be tired tonight though! God bless you! xoxo

    Like you, I feel the urgency Pam! This year is going to be different, I vow! Let's hope I can keep up my momentum! Hope your Saturday is as special as you are! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am happy I have stockings for everyone and I hope they keep them all their lives..for now they are here..but one day maybe Xmas morning here will stop and I will give them to them..
    I did make the Mitten bunting last year and it was sun.:)
    So many adorable ideas out there Marie..I have started..but this year is the last for the ornaments for the girls as I have finished Alicias.

    Not sure next year what will catch my eye..you are way busier than I am..I have no involvements outside our family..so time I have.
    I am certain whatever you do will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I get mine finished I will take photos of them Monique! They are quite charming and the fabrics I used in them I am sure you cannot find anymore. Your daughters are so blessed to have you as a mum. They really are! Must get cracking I keep telling myself every morning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas Marie, it's my favourite time of year. I have started my Christmas shopping. From June onwards I look out for presents, it spreads the cost! Don't know what I'm going to do this year with moving. I'm moving from a four bedroom house which I decorate like Santas grotto to a two bedroom apartment! I even think my Christmas tree will be to big, I'm gutted! I will have to sort everything out and take the excess to the charity shop or something. You should set yourself a target to get so many done a week and start now, you'll be so pleased you did come December. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, downsizing is to hard Kate! We have friends who did that to move into a one bedroom bungalow, and now they have ended up with custody of their grandson and are having to move back into a house. I am going to try hard to get started this week! Love and hugs back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just so much fun! I should have know that you would blog on Christmas in September. You did come upon with a lot of cute craft ideas. I wish I had that creative side to me. If it is there it is hidden but I loved to look at them all and dream that I could do them.
    Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, if only you lived closer LeAnn! We could do a few things together! Love and hugs. oxox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!