Friday 17 February 2017

Friday Finds


 


A few of the things I find each week which pique my curiosity or inspire me to want to do something, create something, cook something, or become a better person! I hope they will pique your curiosity or inspire you in some way as well!


Learn A New Crochet Stitch: Waistcoat Stitch AKA The Knit Stitch.  I have never heard of this stitch before but I am intrigued!  From Niki's Homemade Crafts.

 


I love this Little Bird Needle Book.   So sweet.  A complete tutorial on Michelle's Romantic Tangle.


I love this idea.  Genius.  Great for keeping your stitches even.   I love it!  No source.


I love wool felt penny rugs.  I did a snowman candle mat a few years back that I really enjoyed making.  A complete tutorial on how to sew a penny rug can be found here at Penny Rugs and More.



Coasters made from Wool Roving "Worms."  From Plot Fifty Five.




DIY Floating Shelves.  Found on Place of My Taste.



The Creativity Exchange.  Free Printable Pantry Labels.  Hand Lettered.



DIY Bathroom Jars.  From Eighteen Twenty Five.  Love these!  The possibilities are endless.


Mindful Art Studio.  How to Start An Art Journal.   Love this.  This is something I have wanted to do for a very long time.



Art Journaling 101.  Collage Backgrounds.  From Carmen Whitehead Designs.  Plus a whole lot more.



Hobbycraft Blog.  Five Calligraphy Tutorials for Beginners.  I love Calligraphy.

Good to know the different nibs and their uses.  This is so very informative!



 Fifteen Sewing Tricks your Grandma should have taught you.  From One Crazy House.



 A cardboard template to use for marking hems with the iron and ironing board.  Now why didn't I think of that!  (This is a V8 moment!)  From To Be Thode.


 The Cottage Mama.  Fifteen minute pillow case with French seams.  I love these fabrics.  I love pillowcases full stop.


 Laundry Set.  A free pattern from Sew Style & Home.

 

 Little Coffee Fox.  How to build a meal bank and plan better.   Genius!

And that's it for this week.  I am running out of time.  I hope you found something useful.  I know I did!

A thought to carry with you  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*What is done in love is done well.
~Vincent Van Gogh  •。★★ 。* 。 

Spiritual Enlightenment  


  photo DSCN5422_zpsd5qbpnxf.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Potato and Broccoli Casserole.  Deliciously light!



Have a fab Friday!  Don't forget! 

 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!



7 comments:

  1. Ah Marie how many wonderful things. Later when the house is quiet I will revisit this page as there are many things I want to do.

    When i was in Geneva I fulfilled a life time wish to own a beautiful fountain pen. Today I looked it up on the net and was surprised at how expensive it was. I paid far less than that.http://www.pensdeluxe.ashop.com.au/p/827091/caran-dache-ecridor-gold-chevron-fountain-pen.html
    Someone at knitting and I had a conversation about pens and nibs. I had a beautiful pen set up for my music theory and i loved it. I just do not know what happened to my pens and seals. She then told me she had a pen for taking shorthand. Hers is gone too. I love my pens.

    Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Happy Friday! ;) Oooo... a crochet stitch like a knit stitch... I am intrigued, and must try! Not that I am knitting again, along with crochet... LOL! Great idea for keeping blanket stitch stitches even--an homemade stitch tattoo! ;) I've been wanting to do a daily art journal too, but somehow I don't get to doing it daily--great inspiration. VERY fun calligraphy chart! I used to tinker with calligraphy a long time ago... my handwriting would thank me more if I picked that up again... LOL! How simple and great is that hem marking??!! I guess I just don't have enough brains... ha! Your potato broccoli casserole looks sooo good--winter comfort food! :))) Happy weekend to you all there ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the calligraphy poster..so many great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought myself a fountain pen a few months back Suzan, and it doesn't work properly. It's a Parker Pen too, so it wasn't cheap! I just can't seem to get the ink to flow! I have a great love for pens. xoxo

    Thanks Tracy! I bet your calligraphy was beautiful. I cannot imagine you doing anything that wasn't! I confess I thought of you with the crochet/knit one! Love and hugs! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! Your calligraphy is charming. You are such a talent when it comes to writing and art! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry Marie. Would you be able to contact them? I would certainly be most peeved if my pen was not workign properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used my birthday money to buy it last year Suzan and I have never been able to get it to work properly.xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fi tried my hand at calligraphy Marie, but at first it seemed. Not to difficult but by the third or fourth lesson it was clear to me that I would never be a good calligrapher....so as usual with me I gave it up !! What am I like....have I ever told you how hard I find writing comments on this I pad, the letters are so tiny I can barely see what I have written, don't know why that should be as any other time I am writing the print size is no so bad......anyway. I hope that you have had a good day and you've not been doing tooooo much...love to Todd ...night night xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!