Saturday 25 February 2017

The old grey mare . . . she ain't what she used to be . . .







It's later than you think  . . . .  everything is farther way now than it used to be . . .


It's twice as far to the corner, and they seem to have added a hill.  I've given up running for the bus.  It leaves faster than it used to . . .


It seems to me they are making steps steeper than in the old days, and . . . have you noticed the smaller print they use in the newspaper???  Don't get me started on the small print they use on medicine bottles and leaflets.  Impossible to read no matter how hard you squint.

 

There is no sense asking anyone to read aloud.  Everyone speaks in such a low voice I can scarcely hear them.  What's up with that?  And the television . . . too much background noise to make out what people are saying.  Harrumpfff . . . .


And what's up with clothing these days?  The material in dresses seems to be getting skimpier . . .  especially around the hips . . .  and reaching my shoelaces is near to impossible.  Thank goodness for slip on shoes!


Even people are changing  . . . . they are much younger than they used to be.  There must be a baby boom, because there are a lot more young people about than there were when I was their age . . .


On the other hand . . . I ran into an old friend of mine the other day and she had aged so much she didn't remember me.  I got to thinking about the poor old dear when I was combing my hair this morning and as I glanced at my reflection  in the mirror, I realised . . . .

they don't make mirrors like
they used to 
either
...


Just a bit of humour this morning that strikes home a bit more than it oughta!


Look at that beautiful six year old smile.   How gorgeous is she.   I love it.  Maryn is growing u so fast.  This is her mum at the same age.


Why do they have to grow up so  . . . .  wish they could have stayed babies forever . . .

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .



.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*The world is changed by your example,
           not by your opinion.
             ~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。

Spiritual Enlightenment

 

In The English Kitchen today, we have a delicious Apple and Blackcurrant Pie.  Yum!


Have a wonderful Saturday.  Its very windy and rainy out there again this morning.  Whatever you get up to, stay safe and don't forget  . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


7 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful Saturday. After my insomniac behaviour last night the day has been long and difficult I soldiered on and went to see dad. He really doesn't know us now but he tries so hard. I hope to do a little more toward packing tonight.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, hahaha! How nice of you to write a post about me!!!
    Your granddaughter is just beautiful.
    Have a good weekend, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryn looks so much like her mom!
    I hear you..;):):)
    :(:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true Marie! I don't drink tea, but when I had visitors the other day, I couldn't reach the teapot from its place on top of the cupboard - I have shrunk!
    Still I am still the same person inside...
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Suzan, I was so hoping that you got some more sleep last night. (((hugs))) God bless. Your father may not always know what is going on, but his soul will remember all you did for him. xoxo

    Thanks Kate! I think it applies to all of us of a certain age! ;-) xoxo

    I think so too MOnique! Two pretty girls. xoxo

    Funny you should say that Bunny because Todd was standing next to me the other day and I was almost looking down on him. We do shrink as we get older! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really related to this one! Thanks for the humor; I am smiling and chuckling on this one. Things have changed and I fit most of your examples. I am really not enjoying this stage of life right now. I am grateful for my life; but getting old is getting harder. I think I am just feeling extra tired right now.
    I love the photos of your granddaughter and her mother at around the same age. I love when they resemble one another. They are both so beautiful.
    Wishing for you sweet blessings and sending hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks LeAnn! I think they are both beautiful also, but I am a bit biased! Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!