Tuesday 28 February 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 

FOR TODAY, February 28, 2017

Outside my window ...
The days are lengthening.  When I got up this morning I could already hear the morning chorus and see light showing on the horizon.  The bulbs are up, the camelia bush is blooming . . .  spring is getting ready to spring.

I am thinking ...
Todd begins his radio-therapy today.  What changes will the next month bring?  Will it be successful?  Will they be able to erradicate the cancer?  Here's hoping and praying that they will!  We will go through whatever we have to go through to that end. 

In the Kitchen ...
 

Flaky Pizza Scrolls with homemade pizza sauce for dipping.

On my "To Cook" list ...


From Garden and Gun, DIY Moon Pies.  These look good.  Todd would love these.

Good to know ...


5 tips for decorating around a television.  From Home Stories A to Z.

I am creating ...

 

 My sewing box so far.   There is a Scottie Dog needle case, ladybird scissors, button cards, button bottle, some pretty ribbon on a peg, two small tin holders (One with straight pins in it, and the other with safety pins) a stitch ripper, thimble and a measuring tape, plus thread cards still to fill.   I also made a wooden spool pin cushion which looks like a Scottish Tam.  All tucked up in a Scottie Dog Shortbread Tin.


 Little Miss Celebration.  Stand Up Paper Eggs for Easter.  Love these.


 Saint Patrick's Day Joke Teller.  A free printable for kids from Bren Did.


 Quirky Sleep Masks to Crochet.  From Top Crochet Patterns.


Knitted kitchen Towel holder.  Becoming Crafty.  I like this.  A great way to use scrap yarn.  

I am reading ... 

 


Abide With Me, by Elizabeth Strout.
Katherine is only five-years-old. Struck dumb with grief at her mother's death, it is down to her father, the heartbroken minister Tyler Caskey, to bring his daughter out of silence she has observed in the wake of the family's tragedy.

But Tyler Caskey is barely surviving himself. His cold, church-assigned home is colder still since Lauren's death, and he struggles to find the right words for his sermons; struggles to be a leader to his congregation when he himself is lost.

When Katherine's schoolteacher calls to discuss his daughter's anti-social behaviour, it sparks a chain of events that begins to tear down Tyler's defences. The small-town rumour-mill has much to make of Katherine's odd behaviour, and even more to say about Tyler's relationship with his housekeeper, Connie Hatch. And in Tyler's darkest hour, a startling discovery will test his congregation's humanity - and his own will to endure the kinds of trials that sooner or later test us all.

From the Orange Prize-shortlisted author of Amy & Isabelle, this is a startlingly beautiful novel about love and abandonment, faith and hypocrisy; and the peril of family secrets…

This is very good!

I am looking forward to ...
The end of March.  Not that I am wishing my life away or anything.

Dreaming about ...

 

Cutwork plates  . . .



Pretty cups  . . .

 

 Blue and White  . . .


 Wildflower bouquets  . . .



 Mail  . . .

Something to watch ...
 

The remake of Roots.  Unsantized and graphic, but it is very well done and more realistic than the original.  We have watched episode one.  Very good.

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 
         Happiness is a state of mind . . . 
                       Its all in the way you look at things.
                                  ~Walt Disney

Makes me Smile ...
 

 Vintage Illustration . . .  television, films, etc.   It was a nicer place  . . .

One of my favourite things ...

 

I love the Whitman's Sampler chocolate box.  I used to pick up one of these, or maybe even two every time we went to the US.  Even the tiny ones are cute.

Corners of my kingdom ...

 

A bluebell wood . . .  it won't be long now  . . .

And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!  

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Hoping and praying along with you, that all well be well with Todd! :) Those moon pies look dangerously good... and so do your pizza scrolls--YUM! Ooooo... LOVE your Scottie dog needles case--too cute! Very fun this keep at your sewing box project--very sweet idea! And fun those vintage illustrations. Some days it almost feels like spring wants to spring here too. Not that it's very warm... but we've not had much snow at all, which is very weird for winter here. We turn to March tomorrow--how can that be already?! Happy Days, my dear friend :) ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie your sewing boxes are beyond adorable. So many beautiful things surround us if our eyes are open to the hidden things are around.

    I pray that this treatment goes well for Todd. I hope it is not taxing and the treatments are not onerous. God bless you and keep you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, keeping you both in my prayers as Todd starts his treatment.

    As we've only been in the flat four months this is our first winter/spring without a garden. Although I haven't missed it at all up to now, it was quite big and hard work, I have certainly missed my Camelia bush. It will be in full bloom now with the most amazing bright red blooms. I remember when John and I bought it and planted it many, many years ago. And of course after he died and it came into bloom every year the memories would come flooding back, wonderful happy memories! Lots of love and thinking of you both today xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about March..a friend mentioned torture of the mind..health woes..are torture of the mind..well for me.


    I know your faith sees you through everything..

    love the ideas here Marie..and your sewing kit is adorb..

    may have to get one of those boxes one day..the chocolate ones..:)
    Hi Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying and trusting in the good Lord to bring Todd healing and good health. I love the looks of those flakey pizza rolls and the kitchen towel holder. I am looking forward to the end of March too. By then I'll be moved into my new home ! Not wishing life away at all, but it will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been mentally counting down the days along with you Marie and you and Todd were one of my first thoughts on rising this morning. I pray that Todd will tolerate the treatments with some ease and that there will be complete healing. I know it is possible. I feel it to be probable.

    Shall you be making Todd some pancakes this evening for his tea? Perhaps they will be tolerable to his tummy. I love Tuesday posts... and I love you. Sending prayers, love and light your way. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. May all go well with Todd's treatment. Courage.
    Pizza rolls, yum. Anything with pastry is delicious and this is double 'trouble'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Tracy! I am sure you could make a really pretty sewing box. In fact I know you could. Everything you set your hands to is beautiful! Winter has been a strange one this year, I agree! God bless! xoxo

    Thanks Suzan! One down, nineteen treatments to go. He is none worse the wear after the one yesterday, but we know it will get worse as they go on. xoxo

    Our Camelia Bush is in full bloom now Kate, with huge pink blooms. They fall off rather quickly however, so we are not able to enjoy them for long! Your prayers are very much appreciated. xoxo

    Thanks Monique! I think health woes are the worst, but then again, maybe some others are pretty bad also. You will have to treat yourself to a box of those! You can get really tiny ones with only six chocolates in them. I have one that I use for my pins. Have had it for years and years and years! Mr T loves your hellos! oxoxo

    Thanks so much Pam, your prayers are so appreciated. I am praying all goes well with your move to the new house. I am sure you will have it set all lovely in no time at all, but any move is a stressful thing! xoxo

    Thanks so much Noelle! You are a treasure of a friend. I am feeling very probable also. Just got to go through the storm first. God bless you! xoxo

    Thanks Linda! Much appreciated. I am with you on the Pastry front, puff pastry is a huge weakness with me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having a hard time getting into your blog again, this is now 1st March, I couldn't get in yesterday at all...should be seeing your 1st March page as I know you get up early to leave us a message...also the letters ate. Taking an age to actually show up insteadof instantly....anyway here i am. I was thinking of Todd yesterday and hope he got on ok...I might get today's blog later in the day I sure hope so then I might get the answer to how he got on........today we have bible study and our minister is also having a short communion service as it's Ash Wednesday........ Must go as this typing nonsense very annoying....Does Tod have to go every day ? I coudnt remember ...take care and God Bless you both xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!