Wednesday 14 June 2017

My favourite things

 

These are a few of my favourite things. (A day early because . . . ) Maybe some of them are your favourites too!


I love them. I know I shouldn't, but I do. And more often than not when I have one, I don't bother to pop it into the toaster.  I just eat it right out of the bag. I have never tried making homemade ones, but I see all sorts of recipes for them about.  Perhaps I will give them a go one day.  I know they are not nutritious no matter how you try to make them so, but I can't help loving them.   Funny that because they are not something I ever ate until I was well into adulthood.  Favourite one?  Hmmm . . . over here you can only really get the strawberry ones and the chocolate ones, although I have on occasion seen a few other flavours such as Oreo Cookie and S'mores.


Cath Kidston. Anything. I love Cath Kidston anything. Its probably a good thing I have such mobility problems and can't go into town much. Not that I have any money to spend there, lol.  But I do love a good browse.  Everything is so cute and nostalgic looking. I love the vintage look of all her stuff.  ADORE.  If you are a fan of polka dots and cabbage rose prints then I am guessing you love it too.


I also love Katie Alice.  (This is the Highland Fling pattern)  I have several of her teacup/saucer/sandwich plate sets. Four to be exact. I only use them on special occasions. I know you should use the good china.  I need to use my good china.  I will die and it will never have been used and will end up who knows where.  I need to use my good stuff, often, not hoard it.  (Note to self:  Use the good stuff more than on special occasions.)


Curtains with bobble trim.  I love bobble trim on anything.  My mother used to have some brown and white gingham curtains with white bobble trim. I was in serious curtain envy.  


I love pretty cushions.   I love cushions.  But I always end up throwing them off the sofa when I sit on it because they take up too much room. They look nice sitting there however . . . when I am not. ☺


I just love pom poms and pom pom trim.  This is from PomPom and Twiddle.  Soooo nice . . .


Old black and white films.  This one is Little Women.  I don't mind them not being in colour.  Doesn't bother me at all. I think they have atmosphere. My favourite all time black and white is Our Vines Have Tender Grapes. I have lost count of the number of times I have watched it.  About a bazillion I should think  . . . I also prefer the original Miracle on 24th Street to the newer version. Yes, I am a traditionalist.
 

Strawberries and strawberry season.  I love LOVE freshly picked berries. I could eat them and cherries until they come out my ears.  Ours are coming fast and furious now.  Yay! (I know I mentioned strawberries last week as well, but I can't help it. I love them so much!  And Tis the season!)


Bacon. I adore bacon.  We only ever rarely have it.  This week I experimented with making my own bacon chops. They turned out great.  Not quite the same colour as normal bacon because no nitrates were involved, and of course not smoked, but otherwise the same taste as unsmoked bacon. And all natural.  Love that.  I will do it again!

And all this talk of food is making me want my breakfast so I best dash before I start licking that piece of bacon up there on the computer screen!

A thought to carry with you . . .

 .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°I look upon the pleasure we take in a garden
as one of the most innocent delights in human life.
~cicero  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。

Spiritual Enlightenment


In The English Kitchen today . . . One Pan Pesto Fusilli.  Seriously tasty and such a quick and easy make!  (Plus you can easily cut the quantities down to make less.  I made just what you see here, no problem) 

Have a great Wednesday!  Only two more sleeps!  Wow, can't believe its so close!  Don't forget . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!

 

7 comments:

  1. Our strawberries are more or less over but cherries are now cheap enough to buy. Lovely being able to pop a cherry in the mouth instead of something full of empty calories! I wash them and put them in the fridge. A nice cool treat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. I hope you and Todd have a lovely day today.

    More items to fall in love with and drool over. I love, love, love the heart shape plate. I spent quite some time in Cath Kidston in Brighton. I wanted to bring home her sewing basket. Although I have some regret I would have hated lugging it around England, France, Switzerland and the three flights home. Besides I have two baskets overfilled with sewing supplies.

    My children had a pop tart craze but they are hugely expensive here and I didn't even want to try one. I may be missing out but I don't really think so.

    It is our strawberry season now and the first first ones were bought today.

    God bless you and keep you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped into our Great British Baking Shope for Byrd's CP..and saw a fe CK items..so cute..very $$$ one cup $25.00

    In Paris a whole section i Les Galeries Lafayette was CK..BEAUTIFUL!!
    Makes one happy and giddy to see.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 2 more sleeps ! Wow! Time has gone by quickly! Hope you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie! My fav pop tart is the wild berry! It's also the most colorful one in that picture. Lol.

    If I had some china esp like that, I would make sure I used it at least once a week. It will make whatever ur serving even more special. You need to treat yourself too!

    I love cherries! I will buy a bag and eat them within 3 days. I just.can't.stop. til there gone. Then I'm sad til I buy more. When they're real cheap I buy alot and freeze them bc I eat them frozen too!
    I like strawberries but their alot more plentiful so I don't carve them as much.

    I like bacon in my quiche, broc salad, and some other dishes. Esp bacon and eggs, so when it's on sale, I buy more and freeze it. That way it's cheaper in the long run.
    I hope u and ur Todd are feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love all your favorite things. I do have tastes just like you. I love black and white films and I prefer the old version of Miracle on 24th street. I really love Little Women and I heard they are going to do a re-make of it. I think by an LDS producer. However, I don't think they can make it as good as the original one.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way! Do enjoy those Pop-tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm...next to strawberries Linda, cherries are my favourite fruit! Down south we used to buy bags of them from tables next to the road. They were delicious! Xoxo

    You probably are not missing out at all Suzan.(with the poptarts) Hugely full of preservatives, sugar and junk. They are a guilty pleasure of mine! xoxo

    How wonderful that you have a GBB shop Monique! Cath Kidston is hugely expensive over here also, but so lovely. xoxo

    Thanks Jan!We like a lot of the same things!!! I can see that! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! I think we have very similar tastes! I would love to see Little Women done by an LDS producer! Love and hugs and blessings right back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!