Friday 21 July 2017

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 A few of the things that I find each week that inspire me to want to become, do, create, think, etc.  I hope that they will do the same for you.


Could it be that the dam is beginning to break.  Something I worked on yesterday afternoon. I see a Christmas card in the making . . . just thinking about colour schemes etc. first . . . fingers crossed.


And I am being optimistic and have started writing a second book.  Should it go nowhere, what the heck.  I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

  

Creative Journaling using old tea bags, which have been torn open and glued to watercolor paper. Paper had been stamped beforehand with text, then designs were sketched painted over the tea bags along with the dragonfly stamp. . . . . Creativity 4 Wellbeing.


Pizza Margherita Grilled Cheese.  No source, just eye candy and inspiration. If you can find the source let me know and I will amend. Looks really good.


Mirlandra's Kitchen.  Sticky Bun Breakfast Syrup, and there is a recipe for  Copycake Cracker Barrell Pancakes.  Be still my heart.


Lets give them something to talk about with a Pizza Pie Blanket.  Crochet.  Found on Cuppa Stitches. A free pattern. Most unusual.

Crochet Mittens on Ravelry.  Love the colours. 
 
 
This exquisite Bridal topper can also be found on Ravelry.  I think it is very beautiful,  and could be done in any colour to go with any outfit, not just a Bridal gown. 

 
How to prune Lavender to promote more growth.  From  I love Herbalism.
 
  
 
6 Ways to keep your food cold without electricity.  From Urban Survival Site
 
 
10 ways to deter burglars.  Also Urban Survival.  I figure we could all use advice for this. You can never be too safe.

 
Drink your way to weight loss.  Every little helps.  From Fitness Republic.  
 
 
Very interesting.  No source to be found.  Just inspiration. It looks very strict.

 
And another view point from The Military Diet. 
 
 
 
A skirt tutorial from Anna Elizabeth Made.  Love this.  Wish I had a waist.  
 
 
I like this one too because it has a gathered waist and pockets.  From Purl Soho

 
I love these Luna Pants.  Pattern from Made by Rae.  A pdf pattern.  Not free, but not expensive either.   They look really comfy.

 Craft Passion.  A free pattern for a sock Kangeroo softie.  This is so cute. 
 
 
These are so pretty.  Quilted Butterfly Wings from Wife Made.  Not free, but not expensive either. An Instant Download on Etsy.

 
These little bags are so cute.  From  Toyhood store.  It took me a white to track down the source for these.  Not free, something to buy and maybe a bit of inspiration for clever people.  Handbags for little girls.

 
Hmmmm . . .  its a possibility!
 
And those are my finds for this week.  We have the last set of Elders coming for supper tonight, so I have a lot to get on with today!
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 
 
.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°.If your actions inspire others to
dream more, learn more, do more,
& become more, You are a leader.
~John Quincy Adams  .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
 
 
 
In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts.  Seriously scrumptious.
 
 
Hope you have a beautiful day!!  Along the way don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, YAAY! You've got your mojo back (whatever that means hahaha!!) Your drawing looks really good, but to be fair, anything Christmassy looks good to me! Can't wait to see the finished article. Good for you starting a new book book, does this mean I've got to invest in a new bookshelf?!

    We're off to London today for the weekend. Ashleys mum is coming over from Hong Kong next week and nobody seems to know how long she's staying for, so we may not go as often as it's quite expensive staying in hotels in London.

    Enjoy your dinner tonight and have a good weekend, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of really interesting info here! Pizza toast and then diets. Love the skirts. Pity I can't sew.
    Get busy on that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie! VERY exciting with your drawing... and another new BOOK!! :) Using tea bags for collage is so much fun. I have don't much of that ina while, I need to start saving some bags. A pizza blanket--that's funny. Have you seen the crochet are of Twinkie Chan--she crochets food, drinks, it's fabulous: http://www.twinkiechan.com/ That crochet bridal topper is sooo lovely... But how to keep it from falling off one's shoulders? :/ How cute are those sock kangaroos?! And little animal-face purses...So much good info today, too--lots to read, and think about. That Military Diet is interesting... but where are the fruits and veggies? I notice the complete absence of chocolate too...hhhmmm, not sure about this one... LOL! ;) But I need to lose some weight, so I should probably try it, or similar. Happy weekend to all of you there! LOVE YOU LOTS!!((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kate. I hope you have a lovely weekend in London, and I agree, hotels are very expensive! It will be a long time before we will be able to stay down in London again if ever! Love and hugs and happy weekend! xoxo

    Thanks Linda! yeh, what a mix of opposited, lol! Have a great weekend! xoxo

    Thanks Tracy! I will have to look up Twinkie Chan! Sounds interesting and like something my grands would enjoy and not too heavy to post! I know, but do you think we should remind them that chocolate is a bean? lol Have a great weekend, Love and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful thing when your creativity returns. I'm still trying. That sandwich and the tart certainly caught my eye today. I have to say I'm doing more good eating here than crafting of any sort. Hope your Friday is a fantastic one !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card in the making..I wore dirndl skirts for yrs..now I find I look frumpy in them..I have Luna pants..bought on super liquidation at April Cornell..and I love them..baggy and beautiful:) Hippie /boho..:)

    LOL

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Marie, I didn't get commenting yesterday I was playing a game or two or three or even four of ...scrabble...I expect you might know some of my friends LOL....today's lovely things to look out for are as always great. I wish I could crochet as I think that Brides wrap is so lovely it can be used by anybody I can think of one or two friends who would love it but...ah well...they will have to learn how to crochet themselves come to think of it one of them can crochet. She kindly did Mary and I shawls multi coloured ones. I'm afraid we are a bit ungrateful cause we have never worn them...truth be told we feel like two old grannies with them round our shoulders LOL....
    Hope you have enjoyed the evening with the missionaries I just know you would feed them well they may even have gone home with a lucky bag !....what a dreadfully wet day we have had. IT is very dark already so I will be going to bed soon..night night. God bless

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!