Tuesday 4 July 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, July 4th, 2017

Outside my window ...
It looks overcast, but you never know what the day will bring. Mom always said a day that starts out this way in the summer, the clouds burn off and you end up with a nice day. We'll see!

I am thinking ...
Todd was not very well yesterday.  He gets so tired these days.  He has a day of activity and I tell him to take it easy, and he doesn't and then the next day he is zonked. I need to get him some energy drinks I think.

In the Kitchen ...
 

Two Potato Salad.  This is a bit different than the usual potato salad and makes for a refreshing change!  Sweet potato, regular potato and butternut squash frolic in a punchy cider vinaigrette along with plenty of parsley, dried cranberries, chopped red onion, and toasted walnuts! Delicious! 

On my "To Cook" list ...

From Table For Two, a Classic White Pizza.  This looks fabulous!   am a sucker for a good pizza.
Any kind.

Good to know ...

How to pack a suitcase.

I am creating ...
  

Crochet Celtic Knot Coasters by Rainbow Junkie on Ravelry. Not free but not at all expensive. $1.98 for a pdf download.


Love, LOVE this knitted sweater.  On Ravelry again. Looks very simple.  I might make this. Its a bit more expensive.  $9  But I do like it a lot.

  

Ice Cream Cone Garland.  On Growing up Gabel. Cute!


Swirling, Twirling Ladybugs.  From Crafts by Amanda.  Double cute!


25 Summer Science Experiments for kids.  These look like fun!  From Krazy Coupon Lady.  Kids love stuff like this!

I am reading ...
 


The Black House, by Peter May

DS Fin Macleod of the Edinburgh police is mourning the death of his young son and the breakdown of his marriage. He is sent to the Isle of Lewis, the place where he was born and raised to see if a recent murder in Stornoway is connected to a similar killing in Edinburgh. Fin hasn’t set foot on the Isle since his aunt’s funeral years earlier and the trip is infused with memories from the past and an event that caused a savage break with the island.

There is so much going on in this book that it’s hard to know when to stop with the precis of the plot. It is rooted firmly in the crime fiction tradition. There is a murder, with a possible link to another event and an investigation that takes many twists and turns. The detective has many of the characteristics that we would expect from a lead character, although interestingly no side-kick.

The story is wonderful. It describes an upbringing in a time that is almost lost. It wasn’t idyllic given the tragedies in the young boy’s life but the narrative effectively conveys the friendships and feuds that make up a childhood in a small rural community.

 Its been a long time since I have enjoyed a book as much as I am enjoying this one!

I am looking forward to ...  
Again, seeing my book in print. Its been a long time coming. Was talking to my son yesterday about it, and I have been waiting for this since I was a girl. To be an actual author.



Dreaming about ...
  

Cosy writing desks  . . .

An outdoor spot to relax  . . . 

   

A kitchen large enough to swing a cat in  . . .

Cosy corners . . .    


Sigh . . . 

Something to watch ...
  

RE-visiting The Breakfast Club.  Can it be possible this was 35+ years ago now!  Time flies!

A quote for the day ... 
 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
 You can't start the next chapter of your life, if you keep re-reading the last one. 
( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

Makes me smile ...

Puppies always make me smile  . . . 

One of my favourite things ...
  

What an I say  . . .  I love cheese . . .

Corners of my kingdom ...


Portloe, Cornwall.  Maybe one of the most beautiful villages in the UK. Maybe not.  They are all beautiful . . . sigh  . . . 

And that's my daybook for this week!


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!


4 comments:

  1. Good morning my darling Marie. I would love to have some of those spaces you have shared with us. I so long for quiet and space. I have cleared heaps of space over the last few days and now I need to shrink the pile I have made.

    I have tried to make one of the Celtic knot pot holders. I made such a mess. I prefer to knit because I find patterns so difficult to follow.

    Still no internet.

    God bless you both and I hope Todd feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Todd feels better soon also..
    That dog is cute:)
    You are so talented to pick up patterns and know how to do them..lovely!
    I love pizza..always:)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Todd feels better with some rest. Taking it easy after being so active is not an easy thing. I know that with age I've had to make some adjustments. Not I rest more than I work ! It's a gorgeous summer day here. I hope yours is a wonderful one !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a chore to downsize things Suzan! Hope you get your internet sorted soon! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!