Monday 14 August 2017

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 


First of all I want to thank from the very bottom of my heart, everyone who took the time to wish me a Happy Birthday.  Here, on FB, privately, via the post, etc.  I felt the love of each and every one of you and it meant the world to me.  I never ever take these things for granted.  So many that I am not able to wish each one individually a thankyou, so I hope you will forgive me and accept my group thanks.  God bless you every one.  You helped to make my day very special indeed! ♥♥♥


 The sunshine stayed out all day yesterday.  It is raining this morning, but yesterday it stayed sunny. It did get a bit overcast towards the end of the day.  But no complaints here! 


Cold Pizza for breakfast.  I am blessed.  Had it hot for supper last night and cold this morning.  Life is good.

  

Ibuprofen. I take two each morning, 400mg each and they help to get me through the day painwise.  They make it tolerable.  I hate that I have to do this, but I am very grateful that I can and that it works. 


The abundance of blackberries in the garden.  They seem to grow like weeds.  We have two (exactly) plums and two (exactly) apples on our tree, quite a few pears and a ton of blackberries.  I am going to try to make blackberry curd.  Wish me luck!

  

I seem to have found my bread baking mojo!  Since my successful loaf a couple of weeks ago I have baked another perfect loaf and I have even made burger buns, successfully!  I am very happy about that.  Now I am going to tackle a whole wheat loaf.  Crossing my fingers on that! I hope it works out as well as the white loaves have!  Maybe I will use that same basic recipe and just add a bit of whole wheat flour at a time, each week, until I have it perfected.  We will see! 

 

Although I woke up a bazillion times last night, I never actually had to physically get up, so was able to fall back to sleep quickly each time.  I seem to wake up at least three times each night.  I know because each time I do, I look at the clock.  Its usually about every couple of hours. I only ever very rarely sleep all the night through without waking.  Last night it seemed that it took me a long time to fall asleep and then I was awake every hour on the hour, but at least I never felt the need to get up to go to the bathroom or anything so I fell back asleep within seconds. 

I am not sure why that happens.


I have a great son in law.  Tom is Amanda's husband.  The other day my daughter Eileen messaged me from Amanda's place where she had stayed overnight on her way to PEI.  Tom was making her an omelet for her breakfast.  Amanda had gone for a run. My daughter is so very lucky to have a husband who is caring and who goes out of his way to do things so that she can do things.  He helps her to be the best she can be and that is a good husband.  He also goes out of his way to do small and simple things like wish me a Happy Mother's Day or Birthday on their behalf. He doesn't even really know me.  I think I have met him maybe two or three times, but he still makes the effort to do the right thing.  That speaks volumes to me of the man that he is. I love Tom because he loves my daughter, and he loves my grandchildren and I know that he is a good, good man who makes an effort to do the right things.

I have so many things in my life to be grateful for.
Reasonably good health, a good man who loves me,
children who are healthy and happy,
family who loves and care about me,
lots of really sweet friends,
a good roof over my head,
food in my belly,
and plenty of
faith

What more could anyone want or need!!!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛If you look the right way you can see
that the whole world is a garden.
~Frances Hodgson Burnett  •。★★ 。* 。 


 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken & Bacon Caesar Melts.  Seriously tasty.

Have a great week.  I hope it is filled abundantly with small and wonderful things!  Don't forget along the way!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ
═══════════


And I do too!  


 


6 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. It has taken me over 90 minutes to make my computer work.

    I am so happy you had a good day and wish you a blessed day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzan. I am so sorry for your computer woes. I wish you a happy evening. Not long now before baby makes its appearance. You are going to be so blessed when it does. My day was pretty good. I had hundreds of Happy Birthday wishes and they made me feel very loved. I would have given them all up however to receive just one greeting from one of my children. Didn't happen. Every year I hope I will be surprised. My son in law did take the time and for that I am grateful. He is a good man. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo glad you had a happy birthday, Marie! :) Funnily enough I posted about bread at my place today too! And I'm with you on the bread baking mojo! After years of feeling like I was no good at baking bread, I started anew in earnest earlier this spring... and I've been baking our weekly bread since June. I can bake bread, and good bread too... It's something of a small personal revelation and revolution all in one! I've yet to do hamburger and hot dog rolls. Next is flat breads too... mmm... My waistline is NOT thanking me for all this bread, though... LOL! ;) Have a LOVELY birthday week, my friend--take the whole week to celebrate!! :))) LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!! ((LOTS of LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet is he?
    And I am so happy you had a great birthday! We celebrated our daughter's birthday!!:)You are 2 days apart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a very happy Birthday ! I love pizza and it is good cold too, but have never wanted it for breakfast. But yes it is good for leftovers. Hope your Monday is a great one !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Marie. I'm glad you've been successful with white bread; it's so good when it's homemade! And yes, I highly recommend you begin your whole wheat journey by adding a cup or 2 to your usual recipe. Whole wheat requires more work to get the gluten going and may require a little more liquid as well. I prefer my bread half and half. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!