Friday 8 September 2017

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 
A few of the things I find each week that bring me joy, inspire me to want to create, cook, sew, think, etc. become a better me!  Maybe they will do the same for you! 
 
How to roast garlic and how to use it.  Always helpful! From Creamy Crunchy Sweet.

 
I love, LOVE this two piece dress set. It looks very comfortable and I like the colours. From New Chic. Doesn't come in my size, but what the hey. What else is new. If you are of a certain size, finding clothes is like finding hen's teeth.


Crochet Fedora hat.  I love it.  I don't wear hats, but I love it anyways.  From Pretty Ideas, pattern and video. 
 
 
I was immediately drawn to this because it looks very do-able and I think its very pretty.  From The Cake Blog.  
 
 
Drawing the human face. A free beginners guide from Craftsy

How to make a simple vignette using an old window from Raggedy Bits.  Love this!


From Smart School House.  Tealight witches.  How very clever!  


Rock Photo Holders.  From One Little Project.  Again, very clever!  


Pinecone Penguins.  From Wisteria.  


I cannot find a source for these, but they look dead simple.  So cute!  Peanut shell snowmen!

  

Health Benefits of Swimming.


Free Printable Farmhouse Monograms. Love these. From The Cottage Market.  


Still loving this blanket.  I need to make it. Found on Quietly Stitching.   


Knitted Poppies.  Eye Candy from Knot Garden.  That whole blog is eye candy for the stitcher. 


Crochet coasters from The Patchwork Heart. Love them!  The colours are fab!  Again, just eye candy, but I bet I could figure them out quite easily.


Flat No Sew Poppy from Ravelry.  

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you found something to inspire! 


Look what my DIL sent me this morning. Three of my favourite men!  First day of school.  Gabe, Anthony and Luke. I love it.  Gabe is in Middle School now! 

Must dash.  Dog groomers today.  I am not sure if I am going or not because of my knee. Its not looking good.  I'm going to try to get into the Docs on Monday and ask for some stronger pain relief.  This is getting too hard. It's a miserable rainy day out there as well.

A thought to carry with you . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° Remember that your natural
state is joy. ~Wayne Dwyer  •。★★ 。* 。


   

I want to congratulate our friend Suzan on the safe birth of a beautiful Granddaughter! Mother and baby are doing well.  Congratulations Suzan!!  (And Pip)  Welcome to Grandparenthood!  What a beautiful blessing!  ♥♥♥ 


  

There's a retro back to school recipe in The English Kitchen today . . .  Tuna Pizza Burgers.   Very tasty!

Have a wonderful Friday.  No matter what you get up to, don't forget . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!! 

PS - Todd thanks you all very much for his Happy Birthday Wishes!

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Is if Friday already?! LOL... Good to catch up with you again. :) WOW--that crocheted hat is amazing! I don't think it would suit me, but fun challenge. The stripey crochet blanket--now that really calls my name. ;) That woodland cake is so cute! I've been seeing a lot of woodland themes for parties an cakes--even for bridal showers--huh??!! What a fun idea--those tea lights turned into sparkly Halloween witches! NICE to see your guys! How BIG those boys of Gabe's are now!! Those Tuna Pizza Burgers look good. Nice for Fish Fridays ;) Wishing you all a HAPPY weekend ahead there... LOVE YOU HEAPS!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it really calls my name also Tracy. So Cath Kidston. Oh that I could do my whole home in Cath Kidston colours, etc. Oh well, I'd have to win the lottery first, lol. Anthony's boys are growing by leaps and bounds! Gabe is in Middle school, so hard to believe! Happy weekend dear friend. Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart! I love Winnie the Pooh! Have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love garlic! I woke up sneezing and feeling crappy, so I'm going to eat a little sliver of garlic soon. Also make some soup with fresh garlic in that. It makes a cold go away faster for me. It's from not washing my hands after touching the grocery bags! Stupid me I forgot and must of touched my mouth with my hands! It's not the first time it's happened.

    Those Fedora hats are cute! I have a blk one with trim around it, that a boyfriend left yrs ago. My kids use to wear it around the house.

    Congrats to Suze to her new granddaughter! Also to the parents having their first child!

    I hope and pray that you will get some relief soon from ur knee Marie!

    Big hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. QI wonder if you got to the dog groomer today with Mitzie, it's awful to be in so much pain, perhaps you could suggest to the Dr that h e give you slow release tablets they don't have to be a very high dose, Lyns Mum was in terrible pain with arthritis and Lyn demanded they give her something stronger and they gave her the slow relief patches and it's made such a difference she is so much more able, won't use her walking stick and can get into the car so much easier ( she is 98 ) so it can be done love......As always thanks for all the nice tips. I so wish I still had Pam she was so good at making all these things you show us. We always had a big big table of things to sell in aid of the church at Christmas 80% of it Pam made many of the things came from ideas you found for us....take care love. God .Bless

    Congratulation Suze on your little Granddaughter,... I just love love baby girls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very right about that Pam! I hope your Friday was a good one! xoxo

    Garlic is a great healer for sure Jan! Thanks for your hugs and prayers. xoxo

    I did not go Sybil. I am going to try to get in to see a Doctor on Monday. Enough is enough. I don't think it is weak of me to want to get some pain relief and help. I am so sorry you lost Pam. I think about her and treasure the teddy she knit. God bless you and love you too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!