Monday 11 September 2017

Small and Wonderful Things . . .


 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 


Family projects. It does my heart good to see them doing something together as a family. Precious memories are being built. Relationships strengthened.  The family is the building block of society, and central to our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness for all his children. 

"What is most important almost always involves the people around us." 
~Thomas S Monson 
  

"The fierceness of the wrath of Almighty God is a terrifying thing to contemplate. In Gethsemane Jesus took the full force of God's overwhelming and retributory punishment. Justice demanded it, and we, who are sinners, deserve it. According to the rules framing the universe, the full consequences of transgressed laws cannot be dismissed or overlooked.  They must be borne by someone . . . the sinner or the substitute. Jesus was that substitute for all of us who will allow him to be so.
~Andrew C Skinner

I have a small book of daily thoughts on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I try to read one each morning and I often sit and ponder them.  Yesterday I didn't have time to read the thought for the day in the morning, but as I was sitting here last evening, I cracked the book open and I read the above.  And in that instant, even though I have understood its impact many times before, the full measure of the atonement of Jesus Christ smacked me in the face again.  I know that I will have to bow my imperfect head before the Saviour one day, but I also know that because of what He did for all of us, and my acceptance of that, I will be able to do it with a lot less shame than I would have done otherwise.  I am not a perfect person.  I fail miserably daily, but I keep trying.  Because of what the Saviour did, and my efforts to become a better person, it will be enough.  I am enough.


Grateful to be living in a place, for the time being, where I am relatively safe from all the bad things which are happening in the world at the moment . . .  the wars, the famine, the hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes, fires, etc.  Not because I am safe, but because that safety affords me an opportunity to serve others . . . to give  . . .  to pray . . .  to do for others what they cannot do for themselves. To lift where and when I can.  This is an added blessing to an already blessed life.

  

Our seventeenth wedding anniversary is coming up soon.  Look at what my dear husband bought me for it.  An Eternity ring.  It means the world to me.  I love it.  I am so blessed . . .  not because of the ring, but because I have someone special to spend eternity with, who loves me enough to want to be with me for time and all eternity.  He's not perfect, and neither am I, but we are perfect for each other. 


Leftover Kraft Mac & Cheese for breakfast.  I've had it two days in a row.  It's gone now.  I know its a bit unconventional, but . . . I couldn't let it go to waste! Almost as good as cold pizza. 

  

Buffed, puffed, groomed and ready to cuddle. I love this little lady so much.   I recently bought her some "Snout Soother." She seemed to have some dry spots on her nose, and her nose is always warm and dry.  I don't think that is entirely normal for a pooch.  I found "Snout Soother" on Amazon, and it seems to be working well.  She doesn't mind me putting it on her and actually I think she would like to eat it.  I just bought a small trial size, but once I get low on it I think I will buy a larger size because she doesnn't mind it and it seems to be doing the job.  PS - This is a before photograph.  I need to take an after photograph I think, but she is sleeping right now and I don't want to disturb her.


It seems to have arrived a bit early this year, but for all intents and purposes . . .  it has arrived.  I think summer forgot to come.  Or at the very least was very shy and didn't want to come out of the corner for us and now autumn has arrived early to the party and is shouting down the room.  I don't mind too much.  I love autumn.

And those are my small and wonderfuls for this week.  A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° In every change,
in every falling leaf,
there is some pain, some beauty.
And thats the way new
leaves grown.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 

 
  
In The English Kitchen today . . .  BBQ Pulled Pork.  This is really delicious.

Have a wonderful week.  May it be filled with a multitude of small and wonderful things.  Don't forget along the way!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too!!


 


9 comments:

  1. Such lovely thoughts to start a new week! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Pam! You have a lovely week! God bless. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Day, Marie - love your posts, as always. Today, loving the cute Autumn/nature pictures. I was wondering if you could share the name of the quote book you refer to. I think I'd love to chase down a copy for myself. Here in Utah it is still blistering hot -can't wait for the cool breath of fall weather.

    Thanks,

    Cheryl (Utah, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my kids were growing up, we played the board games once a week. They liked it even more than Wii and Nintendo games bc I played too. Plus I made fun snacks too. Then the neighbors 4 kids wanted to play too. So then I watched TV near by. My kids wanted me to play just with them,so they wouldn't go back out after they ate. They finished their homework and then we would play a game. They took turns deciding on a game,but my son always wanted to play monopoly.
    Their neighbors were mad, but they had a mom that could of played games too with them. They were always over my house, but I didn't mind bc I knew they were safe and they were good kids. Plus I had a tv in the livingroom and one in the den.If I wasn't baking cookies for them, I claimed the TV in den.Lol.

    Congrats on your 17th wedding anniversary coming up! Your eternity ring is beautiful!

    Mitzie's fur looks so soft and cuddly.

    The leaves are already falling on the ground! They are alot prettier this year, that's until I have to rack them up. Lol.

    Love the quotes that you find.

    Big hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl! Many thanks! The book is one from Deseret Book, entitled " Filled With Mercy, daily reflections on the atonement." It is just wonderful. You are sure to love it. xo

    It all sounds very wonderful Jan. I miss my family. Wish we lived closer to each other. Not many people seem to rake leaves here. I don't mind! Thanks for your lovely comments always. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Marie, I didn't get in to make a came to yesterday and just finding time now...I'm very worried as you and Todd were about the young lass at church. Did you manage to ask someone at church about her and what if anything you could do. I think perhaps the problem is her home life ? She is obviously not happy there if she is at her Nans....I pray she finds the care she needs, physically and mentally ....I agree with the idea that families should stick together and play and enjoy their children. I am always pleased to see my nephew with his two boys, every time they are out and about the four of them are together, camping, climbing you mention it they are always together...I love to see Mitzie she looks so lovely, glad that you have found something for her nose, usually if they have a dry nose it means they are not well, but she is not unwell that's clear to see with her nice shiny coat.....well I must go and play our game..I am behind with that as well....at least not ...our game...but think I'm behind with Lura ,! Night night God Bless. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meant to write a wee note for Suzan...congratulations on becoming a Grandma..or Gran or Granny, or whatever your lovely wee granddaughter decides to name you !...nothing beats the lovely baby smell as she nuzzles into your neck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when our famllies get together and play board games. It's always fun. However, I did have one son that could cause a bit of contention with his siblings.
    I have a book about the Atonement that I may try to read one a day. I should be able to have time for a little bit more reading besides our missionary assignments. I am looking forward to some novels I want to read.
    I really love your ring; it so lovely! Hope you have an extra special Anniversary celebration. Your Mitzie is just so adorable; love the photos.
    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how Lura keeps up with all Hera es and all her travel etc. Sybil! The young girl from church seems to be ok. She has been texting .Todd. I think she is very lonely. She is well taken care of, and I know she would appreciate your concern and prayers! Xoxo

    Won't be lona now LeAnn! You will be missing being on your mission for sure, but you will also be able to catch up on everything what's been put on back burner for all these months! Thanks for your friendship! Means the world to me! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!