Friday 8 December 2017

My Friday Finds . . .

 
A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!    
Hot Pickled Peppers from The Roasted Root.  I like hot pickled peppers on subs. I have never seen a pickled pepper over here in the UK.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

A very pretty baby sweater.  From What To Knit When.  You might be seeing me  doing a few baby projects in the near future because, guess what!  Ariana is going to have a baby!  We are very excited for her and Jose and have told them free babysitters on tap, just around the corner. Anytime. ♥

 Knitse.com  a free pattern for crochet baby shoes. These are so cute.

DIY Oven Cleaner.  Cleverly Inspired.  All natural.  
Divided Scripture Case Tutorial from Sugar Bee Crafts.  You could easily adapt it for any scriptures however.  
How to transfer images to fabric, from The Navage Patch

How to remove pet hair from every surface.


Mooey and Friends.  A free pattern for a DIY Neck Pillow.  Crochet.  


Big Little Doll Making.  How to embroier coloured eyes.  A tutorial.  


Pizzazzerie.  Free Printable gift tags and a recipe for Cinnamon Spice Caramel Corn.  


Crochet Flower Bracelet, a free pattern from Blog Lovin.  


Vegan Baking Substitutions.  Baking for a Vegan can be a nightmare.  This might help a lot!

  

DIY Christmas bowling game.  From Handmade Charlotte


Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes. Simply Kierst.   Such a simple idea! 


Hungry Happiness.  Frosty Snowman Pretzels.  


Q Bees Quest.  A tutorial for making these hershey's chocolate Christmas trees.  Sweet!  


A slightly simpler version from One Little Project.  



I could find no source, but it is a simple enough idea.  Christmas Cookie Cans for gift giving using empty Pringles Cans.

Yummiest Food.  Christmas Red Velvet Poke Cake.  Very pretty!  

  

DIY Grocery Bag Holder.  From Easy Sewing For Beginners. 

  

 I could not find a source for this felt Heart Corner Bookmark, but it should be simple enough to do.  I think it's cute.  It would make a great gift along with a favourite book for reading.


Tips for Women.  20 Things to sew for the Kitchen.  


A beautiful knitted Shawl.  This is so pretty.  From Balls to Walls Knits.  

And those are my finds for today.  Not too many that are exciting, but there might be something there that catches your eye.

A thought to carry with you . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° 
When you do things from your soul,
you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
~Rumi  •。★★ 。* 。 



 

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER - Today's Reading - 2 Nephi 9:31-49
Question -What have you learnt from the reading today? What does it mean to be spiritually minded? 

My thoughts -I love this quote - "Why did God put the first commandment first? Because He knew that if we truly loved Him we would want to keep all of His other commandments....When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. Our love of the Lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, the interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities" Ezra Taft Benson 

 Verse 41 is one of my favourite verses. We live in a world of shortcuts. Seekers of the easy life and the feelings of entitlement are all around us. This scripture says to me  that there are no shortcuts, there is only ONE way. If you want Eternal Life you HAVE to go to the Saviour, only the Saviour. I love that it says "he employeth no servant there" and "he cannot be deceived, for the Lord God is his name". I know the Lord has taken upon Him my sins, my transgressions, my sorrows, my disappointments, my pain and everything I have faced or ever will face. Because of this He knows me more personally than anyone else, and He is eager to open Heaven's gate to me. I need to keep the covenants I have made, both Baptismal, Temple and otherwise.That is what I CAN do to ensure I'm spiritually minded. I trust Him, He will open the gate and let me in.  I also found this lovely quote in the institute manual "Elder Maxwell further explained: “The self-assigned gatekeeper is Jesus Christ, who awaits us out of a deep divine desire to welcome us as much as to certify us; hence, ‘He employeth no servant there.’ (2 Nephi 9:41.) If we acknowledge Him now, He will lovingly acknowledge and gladly admit us then!".

Tomorrow's Reading (Day 50) - 2 Nephi 9:50-10:17
QuestionWhat are things you prioritise that won't "satisfy"? What advice is Jacob giving us in these verses? 


 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Cheese and Garlic Scrolls.  Very easy and very tasty.

Have a fabulous Friday.  It is supposed to be very stormy here today with possibly snow showers.  Go carefully, and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 


 


8 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting Marie to have a little baby to babysit! Congrats to Ariana and Jose too!
    You have so many cool things to check out today. I love everything including those yummy looking garlic rolls with your cute grands eating them.
    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Goodness, another Friday and weekend now... The days do feel to be speeding by! December goes w-a-y too fast! Feeling like I'm being chased by my own to-to lists and the calendar... LOL! Ooo...picked peppers! Don't see them much here either, sadly. I must learn to make some. HOORAY for Ariana & Jose--a baby... oh, how wonderful! Can't wait to see what baby gifties you will make them. Baby knits are such fun to make. The pet hair removal tips--always handy to have. ;) Lovely the crochet bracelet. The knit shawl too. I've upcycled Pringles cans in similar ways. We don't buy them often as those cans aren't recycleable. That Christmas cake is amazing--wow! So many goodies here today! Wishing you all a happy holly-filled weekend now, my friend... LOVE YOU LOTS!! :))) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a sunny but very cold day here but there are snowflakes predicted for tomorrow. At least it's not storming. Take good care and keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute things..can't wait to see what you make for litttle baby..wait till you see how young you feel :)
    Have a happy day~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Jan, I am thrilled. I never got to see any of my grandchildren when they were babies, and I still have one I have never seen in person and he is 4 1/2 now. So this will be a real treat for me. I will be so sad if they move back to Spain! I hope that I get to enjoy their wee one for a good long time! xoxo



    Thanks Tracy, I know what you mean about being chased by our own todo lists, and calendars. My days seem to be evaporating into thin air!Love you with all my heart too! Love and hugs to you, TJ and Luna! I hope that you are enjoying Advent! xoxo

    Thanks Pam, its stopped snowing here now, but is very, very cold and they expect more snow this weekend! I hope it is okay for my friend Audrey's funeral on Sunday. God bless, xoxo


    Happy Day to you too Monique! I can picture you there in Quebec, up to your neck in Christmas prep! Simply wonderful! xoxo



    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely that Arianna is having a baby, when is it due ? These gorgeous little baby slippers/shoes are a lovely thing for you to start with I know you crochet...I'm no good at it.....I know you've had the snow today but don't think it's lasted. Although I like watching the snow falling I have to say I do not like snow once it's settled on the paths, especially if we get the frost that usually follows when we get pavements that are like ice rinks....thankfully we have just had two light showers of sleet then snow...all gone now.....but just let Masy out and it's really really cold out there...xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, I always love your finds. You had some awesome ones today. I wish I could make those cute little baby shoes. They are so adorable. Happy you will have a baby to make things for.
    I loved the oven cleaner and how to remove the pet hair.
    Amazing embroidered colored eyes.
    I have a Vegan friend that might like the list of baking substitutions.
    I could go for the chocolate dipped Candy canes; yum. The chocolate kisses wouldn't remain in the tree long in our house.
    Really liked the cookie can made from a Pringles can.
    I really loved the knitted Shawl. it's one of my favorite colors too.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby is due in July Sybil, so very early days just yet. She has all day sickness just like William's Katherine! Settled snow on pathways is no fun for sure. It's dangerous actually. I love the snow because I don't really have to go out and about, so I feel for those who do however. Stay safe and stay warm! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! Blessings and hugs and holiday wishes for you and Roger as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!