Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, January 16, 2018

Outside my window ...
It is cold and windy.  They are calling for a very blustery day today, with rain, possibly snow, etc.  We are going to stay home and canoodle, sort out, clean the fish tank, etc.  Todd went out yesterday and got in bread and milk.  Bring it on. We are sorted!

I am thinking ... 


I love to read the Psalms. Whenever I crack open my scriptures my soul is fed, no matter where I choose to look, read or feast, but the Psalms read like poetry to me and I adore poetry.

In the kitchen ...

 

Pork Chops & Stuffing. The Broccoli bakes with the chops and stuffing.  All from scratch and perfectly cooked.  I serve it yesterday with some sweet potato fries, but they are equally at home with mash, or baked, or rice or whatever, or even nothing at all. 


On my "To Cook" list ...


From Handle The Heat.  Butterscotch Bundt Cake.   Her metric measurements are off quite a bit however, but nothing I can't handle. 


Good to know ...


I am going to try this.  Wish I could buy baking soda in larger quanitities over here.

I am creating ...

  

Crochet Lace Collar from Crochet Latte.  What a pretty little model!  


Cool Creativities. Self Fastening flower scarf.  Knitted.  Very pretty.  


October Afternoon, paper flower tutorial.  Very pretty. 


The Bee Boys Song, a little book created by Creative Maramar.  No pattern, just inspiration.


House of Hawthornes.  DIY Birdseed Cakes.    

I am Reading ... 


The Stolen Marriage, by Diane Chamberlain 
In 1944, twenty-three-year-old Tess DeMello abruptly ends her engagement to the love of her life when she marries a mysterious stranger and moves to Hickory, North Carolina, a small town struggling with racial tension and the hardships imposed by World War II. Tess’s new husband, Henry Kraft, is a secretive man who often stays out all night, hides money from his new wife, and shows no interest in making love. Tess quickly realizes she’s trapped in a strange and loveless marriage with no way out.

The people of Hickory love and respect Henry and see Tess as an outsider, treating her with suspicion and disdain, especially after one of the town’s prominent citizens dies in a terrible accident and Tess is blamed. Tess suspects people are talking about her, plotting behind her back, and following her as she walks around town. What does everyone know about Henry that she does not? Feeling alone and adrift, Tess turns to the one person who seems to understand her, a local medium who gives her hope but seems to know more than he’s letting on.

When a sudden polio epidemic strikes the town, the townspeople band together to build a polio hospital. Tess, who has a nursing degree, bucks Henry’s wishes and begins to work at the hospital, finding meaning in nursing the young victims. Yet at home, Henry’s actions grow more alarming by the day. As Tess works to save the lives of her patients, can she untangle her husband’s mysterious behavior and save her own life?

I started this the other evening and I am truly enjoying it.

I am looking forward to ...
Since we can't go out anywhere today, or we don't think we can (It still remains to be seen) we are going to tackle "Stuff" again.  I have decided that if I have not used it at least once in the last year, it is history. No matter how expensive it is, etc. It will be hard so wish me luck. I am looking forward to getting rid of more tut. Our loss will be a charity shops gain.

Dreaming About ... 

  

Totally Cath Kidston  . . .   


Greengate Glassware  . . . 

  

Totally Greengate  . . . 


Tilda birds  . . . 

  

Pip Studio  . . . 

Something to watch ...


Rotten on Netflix. This docuseries travels deep into the heart of the food supply chain to reveal unsavory truths and expose hidden forces that shape what we eat

Rotten’s storytelling is grounded in facts, unlike a certain other food documentary that was very popular on Netflix last summer. Many of the stories in Rotten are pulled from the headlines of major newspapers, and feature commentary from the people who lived through these incidents.

I find this totally fascinating.

A quote for the day  ...

 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  
There is always some truth behind "just kidding",
Knowledge behind "I don't know",
Emotions behind "I don't care",
and Pain behind "It's Okay".
~unknown   ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  

Makes me smile ...


Possums. I think they're cute. 

Corners of my Kingdom ...

  

Snowdon, North Wales, UK. The most spectacular train journey in the UK.

  And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  

 

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER - Today's Reading - Jacob 2: 17-35
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? Why is chastity so important to Heavenly Father? 

My Thoughts - Our bodies are a most beautiful gift from our Heavenly Father, who loves us so very much. It is only through the gift of a body that we can learn many of the precious truths that we needed to learn in coming here to earth.  Our body is one thing which we have that Satan will never have, and it is the chink in our armour that he uses to lower us and to break us down to his level.  He knows that our bodies are weak, and carnal.  Natural. When I look around me at the world today and the problems so many have (Just watch five minutes of the Jeremy Kyle show or Jerry Springer), they all boil down to one thing, disobedience to the law of Chastity. Our Heavenly Father knows that when we don't keep to this law we will bring upon ourselves many sorrows and consequences which are long-reaching, and which oftimes follow us down through many generations. He wants much more for us than that.
Heavenly Father loves us so much, He has given us the Heavenly power to create here on the earth, and with that power He has given us the law of chastity as a protection for us  . . .  to protect us spiritually, physically and emotionally. It applies just as much to us after we are married as it does prior to marriage,  because it is also about pure thoughts, words and deeds. Giving your love, affection and loyalty to your spouse and to God. There is an opposition in all things and the opposite to those things are  'broken hearts, lost confidence, sobbing hearts, pierced hearts, deep wounds'.

Tomorrow's reading - (Day 78) -  Jacob 3:1-14
Question - What does it mean to be pure in heart? How can knowing the consequences of our choices help us? 

Have a great Tuesday. Don't forget along the length of your day, no matter what you get up to!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════



And I do too!


10 comments:

  1. We are finally out of the negative numbers now. It's 16 degrees now and suppose to go up to 28 degrees today. It's still cold but not freezing cold!

    Oh my Marie, those pork chops and stuffing, even the vegetables are making me so hungry now!

    I love making bundt cakes, but butterscotch not so much.

    I love all the Greengate collection! It's so pretty!

    Love and big hugs!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Glad you are doing OK...your posts at the weekend had me a little worried. But you've had a lot of loss lately, and a lot to think about... So here's me thinking of you, as you thinkg about things. :))) The Psalms are some of the most lovely of the Bible. And a nice way to start the day, is reading the Psalms. Your pork chops & stuffing looks good. Whenever I make pork, it always seems dry, no matter what I do. Lovely things for the neck today--I love the scarf with flower fastening--must add to my list! WOW, the book you are reading sounds like a good page-turner! Will have to look for that one. Oooo... love the Greengate goods and Tilda birds. It's actually very scary some of the stuff in our food chain...very scary. :( I wish we could have our own chickens, but not allowed where we are. But veggies, we can grow! Happy week, my friend... LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all sorted out too and ready for another cozy day at home. The cold and snow are relentless here. On the rare good days we have I make sure to get out and stock up on the necessities. I could live for days without going to the store. Sounds like a busy day for you and it will be here at my house too. Much to do and I'm getting slower all the time so it takes longer to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those pretties..w/ florals..and the neck scarf..all so cute..Inspiring! Little lace collar..beau!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    So many wonderful things to talk about in your post! First of all...pork chops and stuffing! I have some really wonderful, fat pork chops in my freezer just waiting to be devoured. This is the perfect recipe for them!

    The crocheted collar is adorable - and yes, what a pretty little model...such a sweet face.

    I love that little, Bee Boys Song. We really need to bring back the bees, they seem to be disappearing! Very sweet little book.

    Cath Kidston!! Oh, how I love her look...so elegant and yet very fun and old fashioned, so pretty. And, Greengate...oh my, I'm in love with that bottle. I use bottles with that kind of stopper for my, kefir water, I would love to pour it from a beautiful, Greengate bottle! And the Tilda birds are so pretty, I made one a while back, but it's not as cute as these birds! I need to practice my bird making skills... ;0) I can hardly wait for Spring so I can listen to the birds singing in my trees.

    A pink nosed possum...adorable!

    That train ride looks kind of scary, but nevertheless, I would love to go to Wales one day, and would even consider taking a ride!

    A few years ago, when I was in Young Women, we were always talking about chastity and how important it was to stay chaste. Our bodies are temples, and like you said, a chink in our Armour, or our temple, does break us down. It makes us vulnerable and weak. It opens the door for us to be tempted and led astray. Thank goodness for the atonement, for repentance, for the opportunity we are given to fix those chinks and make those temple shine . . . inside and out. It's so important to remember who we are; daughters and sons of God. We are loved!

    I hope you and Todd do stay warm and get all your canoodles (I love that word!) done! I'll be thinking of you while I am outside helping Bob take out a fence and move the trailer . . . in the cold!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its quite cold here at the moment Jan, but nothing we can't handle, and probably not very cold to you in North America. I love butterscotch anything. I get my love of it from my father. Love and hugs right back atcha! xoxo

    Thanks Tracy. Still not out of the woods there, but I am trying hard to lift myself! The Psalms are very good. We don't eat a lot of pork, but I do like this antibiotic free pork we have been using. Happy week, love and hugs to you too! xoxo

    I am so sorry you are being bombarded with cold and snow Pam! It makes sense to stock up when you can get out and about. I have been rather spoiled since moving over here as we only ever rarely have days we can't get out. Love, hugs and blessings. xoxo

    Thanks Monique. As you know I like pretty things! xoxo

    Thanks Barb! You will love the pork chop dish, I hope! I wish I could wear a crocheted collar, but with my face and neck, blah! We need to really care more for our bees, well our whole planet really! Do you make your own Kefir?? My sister does. I am a bit afraid of such things! Too afraid I will poison myself! Stay safe and stay warm. Hugs, love and blessings right back. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...yes, I do make my own kefir. I make milk kefir and water kefir...we love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, you should do a tutorial on making it! I would love to learn how! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your daybook entry! The pork chop dish looked so good; I must make some soon. The crocheted collar is adorable. I don't know if I would wear one but I like that it is coming into style.
    I loved the little projects especially the Bees Boy Song.
    Th book you are reading looks like such a good one. You should do a total book review so I will know how it ends. I will put it on my list for reading but I have such a list I won't get to it for years. I need to know how it ends. Maybe email on this one.
    Love, love the Greengate glassware and dishes; just beautiful.
    Pip studio is spectacular; I love the colors.
    The food supply train is just so distrubing. We are fighting a big war with them all.
    I always learn new things from you. I did enjoy your Book of Mormon thoughts; it's all so true.
    Sending warm thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we really are alike LeAnn, in very many ways. I really hope we get to meet one day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!