Thursday 15 February 2018

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
A few of the things I really love in life, maybe some of them are yours also. Lets share together!    
Daydreaming.  I have always been a daydreamer.  My imagination fueled my childhood and made it more interesting and exciting and daydreaming got me through the most mundane of my duties when I was working at the Manor. I always had my head in the clouds per se when I was doing something that didn't require a lot of thought, like dusting the bazillion artifacts that needed dusting in the conservatory and kitchen, and polishing the brass and silver.  Lottery tickets have always come with lots of dreaming attached and I get my money's worth just in dreams alone.  
  
Actually it was nice to discover that there are scientifically proven benefits to the art of daydreaming.   I now feel vindicated!  
Window crystals.  I only have a few, but I love the ones I have.  I am like Pollyanna.  They make rainbows around my lounge and delight me!  
  
Puffins.  I have never seen one in person, but they delight me.Puffins are unmistakable birds with their black back and white underparts, distinctive black head with large pale cheeks and their tall, flattened, brightly-coloured bill. Its comical appearance is heightened by its red and black eye-markings and bright orange legs.  I think they are really cute.


Did you know a baby Puffin is called a Puffling?
I know, cute!

  

Hand embroidered tea towels. I love them.  I don't like using them though because I am afraid of destroying them, especially with a man in the house.  Men don't seem to be able differentiate between what is an heirloom and what is a rag. Its the same with kitchen scissors . . . kitchen scissors belong in the kitchen, not out in the garden doing whatever you feel like doing with them.  I think I have cured Todd of that however, because, every time he takes the kitchen scissors in the garden and starts to dull them on wire or summat, I buy a new pair.  So there! 


Yo-yo's.  I Love quilted yo-yo's.  I love to use them to embellish things.  I think they are so quaint and old fashioned looking.   I once saw a whole pillow top made from quilted yo-yo's that was quite darling! 

  

Paper umbrellas . . . I have always been fascinated with them.  I think they are very pretty. 

  

Italian Miniature Mosaics, especially in the form of jewelry.  I think they are quite beautiful and so very intricate.  This one is filled with colour.  One of my favourite parts in the V&A museum in London is the section on miniature mosaics. I also love the decorative tin can section, ohh, and the toys. 

  

I think I just love the Victoria and Albert Museum, full stop! 

  

Ginger anything. In teas. In cakes. In savoury dishes. In cookies. In sauces. In fizzy drinks. I just love ginger, full stop. 


Bundt Cakes. I love bundt cakes.  I am a huge fan of the shape. Large, small or inbetween.  A bundt cake is a party waiting to happen. 

  

Crazy Quilts. With no rhyme or reason to them, just a haphazard layout of different fabrics and embroidery stitches, and embellishments. They tell me a story. I think about the different garments the scraps might have come from, and the hands that so lovingly pieced them all together. 


Depression Glass. I love the stuff.  My grandmother had left me some when I was a little girl.  A set of drinking glasses and a pitcher. My Aunt was keeping them safe for me, but they all got broken. No matter . . .  they would have probably gotten broken in my house anyways.  

  

Vintage Milk Glass jewelry.  My Great Grandmother had left me a vintage milk glass necklace.  I am not sure why she left it to me.  I had it my whole life and it disappeared in the Divorce along with a whole lot of my other treasures like my little white bible  I don't know what happened to any of it and I try not to think about it.  I did love that necklace though  . . . 



Anything to do with tea and tea parties.  The pots and the cosies, the cups and the saucers, the finger sandwiches, the tiny cakes. I love it all. 

  

Okay, I admit it, I put my hand up . . .  I loved the Spice Girls and I still do.  I knew all the words to all of their songs and I had all of their albums.  While I am at it, I also loved Girls Aloud, The Backstreet Boys and yes . . .  Boyzone. 

And there you have it, my favourite things for this week! 

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
The food you eat can be either the
safest and most powerful form of medicine,
or the slowest form of poison.
~Ann Wigmore •。★★ 。* 。 

  

 

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER
Today's Reading - Mosiah 5:1-15 
Question - What happened before the people entered into a covenant? What was the covenant?  
 
ThoughtsThe people believed the words of King Benjamin, they felt the Spirit turn their belief into knowledge, which then led them to a change in their desires. They mention that their faith brought them to knowledge which brought them joy. 
 
I think it's interesting that they became willing to make covenants. To DO His will and to BE obedient to His commands. Doing and becoming to come to know Jesus Christ. And in keeping this covenant we are sealed HIS, with the promise of everlasting salvation and eternal life! 
 
Tomorrow's Reading (Day 102) -  Mosiah 6:1-7:7 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? What Christ like attributes did King Benjamin possess? 
 
 
 
In The English Kitchen today . . .  Beef & Vegetable Soup.  Hearty, delicious and healthy!  I love a good soup, don't you?
 
Have a wonderful Thursday!  I hope your day is blessed with lots of good things!  Don't forget! 
 
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to have missed last two days. Must admit I did forget last night but day before no way could I get the coment to type in ! Really odd why that happens, your blog is the only one it happens with...not that I follow many others only three including yours....anyway I loved all your galantine photos and memories just brill....I'm a bit of a dreamer as well Marie and I like crystals when they move and send their prisms round the room....was very sorry to read about the deaths of two friends, I have said a short arrow prayer that both families feel the love of God surrounding them at this sad time....hope you and Todd and Mitzie are all well........my new car arrived yesterday morning at 9am driver brought it from Glasgow was then driving my other car back to Glasgow...left at midnight here at 9 think he would arrive back in Glasgow around 7 pm....what a drive !..
    Take care. God. Bless. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an incredible drive to do in a day for sure Sybil! Wow! Oddly enough I never get notification if you have commented either and I do everyone else. That's just wierd! I know your prayers will be very much appreciated! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Cool finds Marie!
    I've seen pillows made with the quilted yo-yo's before...very pretty.
    I esp like ginger in a stir fry.

    I like big bundts and I can not lie! Hahaha! I could not resist!
    I love all my bundt pans too! There is a bundt pan that's called the party bundt pan. That's a fun pan and the way it's shaped, everybody gets the same size piece.

    My Mom has some old beautiful quilts like that one!

    I use to go to auctions with my Dad when I was young and he'd come home with that depression glass and other kinds too. It is so beautiful!

    I like the Backstreet Boys.I also like Billy Joel, Chicago, Led Zeppelin, Journey, Supertramp, Tina Turner...I could go on and on. Lol.

    I also like beef stew, which I use to make all the time. I never had beef and veg soup before though. Yum!

    Hope you had a good v day yesterday! I went to sleep earlier yesterday, but just wasn't tired til now. So maddening!

    Have a great day!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try the soup Jan! I think you would like it. Its cool that we like so many of the same things! We had a very quiet Valentines Day, although I did get a card, some roses and a big Mac, lol. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Alaways fun reads..I am guilty of Todd's Scissor SNatching..my OWN..lol..in times of dire need needing a quick nip lol..

    and this Spring..when I clean my flower beds yet again..because here it's fall and Spring..I'll find al kinds of trowels and scissors..left to rust in the snow:(Have a good day:) And be a Daydream Believer;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL MOnique you are a true gardener, nipping the kitchen scissors like that. Ahh, Daydream Believer. I loved the Monkees. Sigh . . .

      Delete
  4. A few years ago, my friend and I did a trip to Eastern Newfoundland. When we were in the Bonnavista area, we went to a well known spot where you can see the puffins nesting on a large rock (island) just 50 or so feet away. They were wonderful! We watched them take off and land and also go into thieir nesting holes to feed the babies. Did you know that when they fly, each wing goes in the opposite direction? Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet that was so much fun to watch Sandy! I need to go see the Puffins here in the UK. I have a friend who did and she loved it! Love, hugs and blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  5. You know what? I love everything you do!
    Guess what, I made your Cheesy Dog Treats, and not only did the dog love them, but I tasted one and it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great Kay! So happy to read that! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I used to do a lot of daydreaming but not so much any more. I think that is sad; I should return and enjoy a daydream or two.
    The little Puffin birds are so adorable. I don't recall seeing any either.
    I have always loved embroideried towels, pillow cases and etc. I had pillow cases and dish towels when I first got married and of course they wore out. It's become a lost art; so sad. I did receive two pillow cases several years ago and I love them.
    I love the paper umbrellas and the Miniature Italian mosaic; just lovely. The museum sounds like it has some unique displays. I would love to see them.
    Wow, a Bundt Cake; I haven't had any for a very long time. I know they are yummy.
    Crazy quilts are adorable and I do think they can have a history to them.
    I have some Vintage Jewlery that was my Grandmothers; I wonder if it is this kind. It's beautiful.
    I do wish tea parties were more of a thing. I remember growoing up that they were party of my parents social activities. I think we have them but called by a different name.
    I love all of King Benjamin's teachings. It's such a powerful area of The Book of Mormon.
    Blessings and hugs for all of your wonderful post on your favorite things!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! You need to daydream more, its good for you! You would love the V&A Museum. You could spend all day in there and still not see it all. And best of all it is free to go in. All of our museums are free. Blessings and hugs to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!